Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Supreme Suspensions? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/111722-supreme-suspensions.html)

rsingh 03-27-2012 03:29 PM

Supreme Suspensions?

Supreme Suspensions?

Apparently they make a spacer for the front end and with a net lift of 3 inches..
I am really looking into lifting my 4runner 3/2 inches. This spacer is cheap and I was wondering if anyone here has anything to say about it.

Right now I am thinking of getting this spacer for the front and ome 895 coils in the back for a 3/2 lift until I have money to play with coilovers and shocks. :p

Here is the link for the spacer on ebay:
2003-2011 Toyota 4Runner 3" Leveling Lift Kit 2WD 4WD PRO | eBay

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER 03-27-2012 03:35 PM

No experience with that company. I wouldn't advise ome rear coils with stock shocks, performance and ride quality will suffer. If you're doing a spacer lift on the front, do the same for the rear to keep a matched setup imo.

blue4run 03-28-2012 12:51 AM

I agree with ARK your bette off waiting till you have all of what you need, and want. I have not had any experience with those spacers.
Your going to want to replace your stock shocks with those new coils. Try to do it all at the same time you will save money in the long run, and be much happier with result.

blue4run 03-28-2012 12:52 AM

I agree with ARK your better off waiting till you have all of what you need, and want. I have not had any experience with those spacers.
Your going to want to replace your stock shocks with those new coils. Try to do it all at the same time you will save money in the long run, and be much happier with result.

rsingh 03-28-2012 02:47 PM

I heard alot about how the OME 895 coils are really stiff but I've remember reading somewhere people saying the ride is not bad at all if you have added weight in the back which most of the time I do... But even if the ride is a little stiffer I think i can deal with it.

I even asked the people at toytec and they said this is a popular setup for 4runners but he did recommend to get OME shocks for the back as soon as I can. So I think that is what I will do.

I wanted a spacer in the front because i wanted a heavier coil in the front but toytec said the coil wont physically fit in the strut assembly so I would have to get shocks and coils at the same time. I dont have money for that But i want coilovers but dont have enough cash for that either.

it is really complicated LOL Im only 19 and gotta pay for other things I will never be able to save more than 400 at a time so i have to get everything as I get the money. at least until I get a real job then I can buy coilovers and I go offroadin alot so I dont want a complete spacer lift...

Im so fustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2004Runner4x4 03-28-2012 02:51 PM

Why can't you save the money? Don't make a purchase on something just to make a purchase. I would wait and save money and get everything at once, or at least in steps and then install it all at once. I'm regreting my spacer up front now, the shrockworks bumper is weighing me down, so im already looking to upgrade to coilovers in the front and new shocks all around.

rsingh 03-28-2012 02:59 PM

Your right man I think what I will do Is buy everything but install it at once(rear shocks and coils) but what would you recommend for the front? I want to lift it 3 inches in the front I looking to spend $600 all together...is it possible?

2004Runner4x4 03-28-2012 03:08 PM

With a budget of $600 you're not leaving yourself a lot of room to spend on anything for the front. I'm looking to get something around $600 for the front alone. But seeing as your in high school it's tough. Maybe wait a year, let your birthday and christmas go by again, save more and then be able to get something nice up there.

2004Runner4x4 03-28-2012 03:11 PM

Just looked over the thread again and maybe your not in high school. 19 is older than high school now right?

JMarkim 03-28-2012 03:57 PM

Ok, so after seeing all the "Lift and Tire Central Pics", I decided that I really wanted to go with a Daystar 2.5/1.5.

The list price for this on Amazon is $160.

I decided to try out "Supreme Suspensions" an Ebay based company. I purchased the front "coil spring spacer kit" (2.5") for $65 bucks.
Ebay Link: Supreme Suspensions 2.5" Front Spring Spacer Lift $65

Then for the rear, I purchased the Daystar 1.5" Rear Coil Spring Spacer Kit from Amazon.com. $44 bucks.
Link: Daystar 1.5" Rear Spacer Kit

SO..... same kind of spacers, but different brands. Together $110. Saves you $50 bucks.

Haven't got them yet, but hopefully Supreme Suspensions won't let me down.

BunchDub11 03-28-2012 04:04 PM

I was in your same boat last year being 18 and in school not having much discretionary income. I bought a 3/2 spacer lift and regret it, save up and do it right the first time you'll save some green in the long run. but with $600 look into some bilstein 5100 front and back- $350-$400 then try and find you a good used pair of front 885 and superflex coils for the rear.

rsingh 03-28-2012 04:08 PM

Lol yeah man Im in my first year of College

rsingh 03-28-2012 04:15 PM

Finally somone that has been in the same boat...Thanks BunchDub! I think that is what i will do.. SO I'm gonna get Bilstein 5100's all around first. Then get front and rear coils.
I think Im gonna ditch the coilovers since I cant afford em maybe down the road I will get them.

And JMarkim please let me know how that setup went for you and I would love to see pics after you got it all on!!!!

BunchDub11 03-28-2012 04:28 PM

lol yeah man me too its tough. & thats the exact setup im bout to go with in the next week or two. Everybody seems to really like it. So i'll give you some feed back here soon if that's what you decide. Mines a daily driver but I go through alot of mud so I'm not gonna spend that much money on a coilover for what I do.

rsingh 03-28-2012 05:48 PM

sweet man let me know how it works out for you
mine is also a daily driver and mudder! Thanks for the help everyone
I really appreciate it!!!