Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/)
-   -   Driver's side door unlock button doesn't work (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/124013-drivers-side-door-unlock-button-doesnt-work.html)

HedgehogOutdoors 09-10-2012 06:13 PM

Driver's side door unlock button doesn't work

Well I can't seem to find someone with the exact problem I have. I was looking in the Haynes book, and I thought I read the terminal diagram wrong, but I tested the passenger side door lock, it locks and unlocks no problem. I read the driver's side the same way, I jump 2 to 3 for unlock like the book says, and that locks. The book says jump 2 to 4 to lock, so I was thinking it was backwards. I looked, I can't jump 2 to 4 since there isn't a wire there. :redbrick:

I thought maybe the diagram is backwards? Can't try 2 to 3 by that method, since now 3 is missing. And 2 to 4 doesn't do anything. WHAT THE HELL. I will try to get up pictures or a video in a bit to help if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Now, the reason I am worried about this is I was on a fire call last night, parked, left the truck running because I knew it would be a quick one. Tried to get the hatch open, wasn't unlocked. Went back to the door, remembered driver's side door button doesn't work. So, I tried the key fob, but apparently that doesn't work when in the ignition, so I had to reach over to the passenger's side just to open my hatch to get my gear out, THEN gear up and help out. Very frustrating, especially in a fast paced situation like that.

riceandpho 09-11-2012 08:04 AM

Disasemble the whole switch, might need a good cleanin or the switch just went bad.

HedgehogOutdoors 09-11-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riceandpho (Post 1165679)
Disasemble the whole switch, might need a good cleanin or the switch just went bad.

Well I was thinking that it might be the switch, which is why I was attempting to jump the harness, but that wire is missing, so I think that's part of the problem.

HedgehogOutdoors 09-11-2012 04:26 PM

Video will be up in an hour or so. That is if I don't get a fire call before then.

HedgehogOutdoors 09-12-2012 02:23 PM

Here's the video.
4runner Door Won't Unlock (Switch Fault) - YouTube

Xetabur 09-18-2012 06:02 PM

I started a thread awhile back about both front door switches will not lock/unlock but my keyfob will. Also the automatic locks work when I cut the truck on. The alarm system is all OEM (whatever its called RS something).

HedgehogOutdoors 09-19-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xetabur (Post 1171990)
I started a thread awhile back about both front door switches will not lock/unlock but my keyfob will. Also the automatic locks work when I cut the truck on. The alarm system is all OEM (whatever its called RS something).

I'm thinking the guys that had the system installed had to remove the wire I need for the button to work in order to make the key fob work. But, I found the wire I need from the passenger's side and am going to splice it over to the driver's side.
Switch Update #1 (9/14/12) - YouTube

thegipper 04-20-2016 10:09 PM

Hedgehog, I am having the exact same problem. Drivers side door unlock switch doesn't work but lock does. Also the passenger side door unlock/lock switch works fine.

Did you ever figure out what it was?