Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Lexus GX470/460 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/lexus-gx470-460-a/)
-   -   New GX470 owner! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/lexus-gx470-460-a/134378-new-gx470-owner.html)

IanB 01-31-2013 11:05 AM

New GX470 owner!

3 Attachment(s)
Well recent events dictated that the wife needed a new vehicle, so after test driving some Toyota Highlanders, Venza's, RX300's, 4th gen 4Runner, Acura MDX's, and 2 GX470's we settled on a minty '04 GX470 Premium, silver on light grey! Loved the way it drove, the interior, etc. Justified the worse fuel economy by the money we saved on purchase price over some of the competitors.

The PO replaced the pitted OEM wheels with some ugly ICON's, so I've tracked down a set of FJC 6-spokes, and will be having 265/70/17C Goodyear Duratrac's mounted up, so look past those for now.

We hope to pick it up this weekend!

the great him 01-31-2013 11:25 AM

you bought a prado... sweet!

JB. 01-31-2013 06:29 PM

Congrats. Enjoy that sweet drive train.

CookieRoe 02-01-2013 12:14 AM

Congrats IAN! She is a beauty! I'd like to graduate to a GX someday. Good luck!

20034RunnerV84x2 02-01-2013 01:21 AM

Those wheels are horrendous. Other than that looks great!

IanB 02-01-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20034RunnerV84x2 (Post 1290668)
Those wheels are horrendous. Other than that looks great!

And they are no better in person, lol. I picked up the FJC wheels last night, dropping them off to have the 265/70/17C Duratracs mounted this morning, and picking the GX up this afternoon. The next pics I post will be much better!

Glock_19 02-01-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanB (Post 1290823)
I picked up the FJC wheels last night, dropping them off to have the 265/70/17C Duratracs mounted this morning, and picking the GX up this afternoon.

I've never had duratracs, but wouldn't that ruin the luxury ride quality? Wouldn't you want this on MS/2s or something similar?

IanB 02-01-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock_19 (Post 1290842)
I've never had duratracs, but wouldn't that ruin the luxury ride quality? Wouldn't you want this on MS/2s or something similar?

I've had them on my last 2 trucks and have been very happy with them. Where we live it's winter conditions nearly half the year, and with my wife being the primary driver I want to know she's always in control and safe. These are nearly as good as dedicated winter tires, without needing and extra set of wheels/tires, and they should look awesome. The pro's far outweigh any cons IMO. This is every bit as much of a truck as a 4th gen 4Runner V8 underneath, I think they'll be a great fit for our needs. Even if you can hear the tires a bit, this should still be the quietest vehicle we've ever had.

IanB 02-01-2013 08:52 PM

Just got home with it, I'd take some pics but it's pitch black out, and damn cold. Figured out that it's actually the "Ultra Premium" trim, not Premium like I thought. So far so good! Tomorrow it gets the new shoes!

IanB 02-02-2013 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here she is!

Glock_19 02-04-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanB (Post 1290879)
I've had them on my last 2 trucks and have been very happy with them. Where we live it's winter conditions nearly half the year, and with my wife being the primary driver I want to know she's always in control and safe. These are nearly as good as dedicated winter tires, without needing and extra set of wheels/tires, and they should look awesome. The pro's far outweigh any cons IMO. This is every bit as much of a truck as a 4th gen 4Runner V8 underneath, I think they'll be a great fit for our needs. Even if you can hear the tires a bit, this should still be the quietest vehicle we've ever had.

If they fit your needs that's awesome. I didn't notice before that you were in Winnipeg. Anyways, they look great in the pic.

IanB 02-18-2013 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went out to a buddy's cabin for the long weekend, the plowed ice road from New Years was still passable so we were able to park at the end of the dock on the ice rather than hike in (no road to the cabin, boat in during the summer time). Got a big storm over the weekend, and the road blew in badly, got a chance to put the new truck and the Duratracs to work!

jmildoc 02-23-2013 03:48 PM

very nice ride, contemplating between one of these or a yukon/tahoe hybrid for my wifes next ride.

IanB 03-08-2013 12:59 PM

Got some work done on the GX last night. Went over to a buddy's place and repaired the harness under the driver's seat so the SRS dash light doesn't come on anymore, and disabled the TPMS dash light. 2 things that were really bugging me off the list!

Also swapped the running board lights over to LED's that my buddy had kicking around, as I had a burnt out bulb on the passenger side, not sure if I like them or not. The light is bluish-white compared to the stock incandecent bulbs, looks good on their own, but doesn't match with the rest of the truck, and I don't want to convert everything on the truck over to LED, so this might be a temp change.

Also bought some Denso oil filters off him that he had no use for and fit this truck, at $4.25 each I couldn't go wrong.

JohnsD90 04-01-2013 11:50 PM

Woah, Steering wheel is on the wrong side!