Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP with 2000 limited door lock problem (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/136774-please-help-2000-limited-door-lock-problem.html)

robbrodenberg 03-04-2013 01:59 AM

PLEASE HELP with 2000 limited door lock problem

i just bought my first 4runner and i am having a problem with the door lock on the door panel. when i press it it will lock the drivers door and if i press it again to unlock it acts like it wants to but doesnt have the power, same thing with the passenger side, but if i wait a minute and press unlock it unlocks the drivers door. it just seems like it doesnt have the power to lock all the doors bc it doesnt have the power to be used twice back to back. i read another forum and it mentioned a similar problem kinda but not quite the same and i tried to press on the circuit panel but nothing changed. i also dont have a key fob thing to try using that. any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou

shootmymime 03-04-2013 02:04 AM

could a lock on another door be in a bind causing it not to pop all the locks back open to the unlock position?

MattAK 03-04-2013 02:16 AM

Does the lock wiring route through the driver's window/door lock panel like the power windows do? Maybe the switch is bad on the driver's side. I would think that one binding lock wouldn't affect the other three, that would be like when I had one lock actuator quit going up and the other 3 worked just fine. shootmymime helped me out on that one tho, maybe he knows more than me. :)

robbrodenberg 03-04-2013 02:44 AM

none of the other locks are in a bind, i checked them all, but its not just the drivers side switch that does that, the passenger side does the same thing too.

robbrodenberg 03-04-2013 02:46 AM

i can hear it click too under the fuse panel on the drivers side too, it just acts like its not enough power to work twice in a row???????

robbrodenberg 03-04-2013 02:53 AM

what fuse is it that goes to the door lock button, bc the light on my radio is also off, i havent figured out how to turn the light on it. the radio works fine tho, just doesnt have a light