Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Texas & Oklahoma (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/texas-and-oklahoma/)
-   -   Who's in Austin, ya'll? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/texas-and-oklahoma/137382-whos-austin-yall.html)

jrebolloso 03-12-2013 04:18 PM

Who's in Austin, ya'll?

Hey there. Just looking for other T4R folks around the Austin area. I know there's gotta be some of ya'll out there. I saw a real nice lifted dark green 3rd gen off 183 near the Arboretum last week.

Djfell80 04-23-2013 03:02 PM

Here!

Im here in the Austin area. North Austin near Mcneil and 183 to be exact. I'm fairly new to the 4runner crowd. 96 runner with 3" suspension and 285 Kelly TSRs.

Ryan1975 07-25-2013 03:44 PM

Ft Hood area

atxrunner 09-01-2013 09:24 AM

I'm in Cedar Park. Have my 3" lift and tires going on next week.

rossagge 09-09-2013 10:47 PM

Here in Round Rock, just down the road ;)

Msivley 10-16-2013 08:15 AM

Here in RR as well.
I roll with the FJ Club as they are very active in and around Austin.

2003 Grey 4 runner with 3/2 daystar lift and Demello Rock Crusher Sliders
Easy to spot look for the Toyoda sticker on back window and 2' Firestick mounted on Back door.

I run channel 19 alot and generally run into other 4runners and 4x4 at LoisHenna Wallmart and Heb.

Maybe we should do an Austin meet N Greet?

GreyhoundGuy 10-21-2013 12:02 AM

I'm in Austin, although my LE is still pretty stock. The only "mods" I've done are removing the running boards and replacing the stock 20" wheels with 17" FJ Cruiser wheels. I haven't done any off-roading mainly because I have NO idea where to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msivley (Post 1506783)

Sounds like fun. I'll bookmark this site and check in every once in a while.

-Joel

Msivley 10-21-2013 04:32 PM

Weather dependant I think we are going to do a HF run this upcoming weekend 10/26-10/27.

I know of at least 3 4runners and probably an FJ and an Isuzu Rodeo.
Will be camping at area 51 if anyone is interested in tagging along.

GreyhoundGuy 10-22-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msivley (Post 1511407)
Weather dependant I think we are going to do a HF run this upcoming weekend 10/26-10/27.

Bummer. I can't this weekend. We're headed out to do some cool weather camping. (WOOHOO, the days of 100 degree days and 90 degree nights are gone!! Hopefully.)

-Joel

mavrk12 10-24-2013 08:48 AM

I'm currently in G-town, but work in Austin. I just moved here from Ks. I love the weather!!! I can't wait to hit some camping spots. My 2000 T4R Ltd V6 3.4L is all stock, for now. I can't do any off-road trips now. I have to take care of a CEL issue so I can pass a state inspection (so far the only thing I despise about TX, no inspection necessary in KS). A meet-n-greet would be cool. I'll come back to this thread again.

-Al

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msivley View Post

2ndGen4runner4x4 10-24-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrk12 (Post 1513766)
I have to take care of a CEL issue so I can pass a state inspection

Huh?... where are you taking it that they require the check engine light to be off to pass a safety inspection? Just re-set the check engine light in the parking lot when you get there... it should stay off long enough for the guy to drive it around the block.

mavrk12 10-25-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndGen4runner4x4 (Post 1514082)
Huh?... where are you taking it that they require the check engine light to be off to pass a safety inspection? Just re-set the check engine light in the parking lot when you get there... it should stay off long enough for the guy to drive it around the block.

As I understand it, here in Travis and Williamson County, a safety & emissions test is required. If it was just a safety test, I would pass. I've talked to a few people about it, since the CEL is on, it would not pass emissions test. However, I'll take your advice. Thanks.

crash813 10-25-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Hey Msivley, I've been wanting to get out there with the family and try it out. Was shooting for Sat but gotta finish installing BJ spacers, replace a couple of CV boots, get it aligned and new tires. And still have an idle issue that I'm trying to track down. I'll see what I can do tonight and early tomorrow. So if you end up seeing a gray 1st gen trying to figure out WTH he's doing, that's me! :rofl:

-tommy

2ndGen4runner4x4 10-25-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrk12 (Post 1514737)
As I understand it, here in Travis and Williamson County, a safety & emissions test is required. If it was just a safety test, I would pass. I've talked to a few people about it, since the CEL is on, it would not pass emissions test. However, I'll take your advice. Thanks.

I totally forgot about the Austin area having an emission test...

95MillenniumFalcon 10-28-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Pardon my "noobness" coming through on this. What's HF?

How'd the weekend go?

I'm up in the Round Rock area (east Round Rock)