Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   High Tech Auto and Truck Center (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/high-tech-auto-and-truck-center/)
-   -   Ducmonsta is moving to the PNW! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/high-tech-auto-and-truck-center/143351-ducmonsta-moving-pnw.html)

Ducmonsta 06-02-2013 05:46 PM

Ducmonsta is moving to the PNW!

Friends,
I will be relocating my family and myself to Vancouver, WA (just north of Portland, OR). My wife is a lawyer for the USDA and is being relocated. My 4 year old son and soon to be 6 year old daughter and I will be joining her September of this year.

I have not determined what exactly I will be doing yet as this may be a great time for me to spend some quality time being a stay at home father. I have some opportunity to get into the RV world as a vendor. But I have not taken the job yet.

I hope to continue to be a representative of High Tech here on this forum. I actually hope to continue to be an employee. There is a possiblity that I will be creating a website for e-commerce for High Tech. I will also try and continue to be the representative for the T4ROTM prizes @TRDCal @gaterose .

I know there are some of you that are coming to have some fabrication and installation work done in the next couple of months @Okki @joneseyyy . Not to worry, I will still oversee these projects. And in the future, I still hope to be able to communicate with the guys at High Tech for any members that are looking to have work done. You just won't get to see my ugly mug when you come in. The two technicians that mainly work on the T4R community's trucks will still be there. We are and will remain good friends. So I expect to have continuous contact with them even if we are on different coasts.

So, if some of you had seen the thread I had started in the General section about a friend moving to the PNW and was looking for a place to go....that was me. I'm still up for suggestions for local shops in the Portland area to bring my expertise and passion to. *ahem* @helocat @lt

It's obvious at this point, I will not have the pleasure of coming to the Antman camp II in Oct. @Antman @phillyd2 @Kraeken @4ShoreRunner @jangoforhire @limamike @joneseyyy @Qjake @Jesse1983 @Titanpat57 @zamboni @SVBIED Sorry to miss this years festivities. It was a blast meeting you guys in person.

gaterose 06-02-2013 05:52 PM

Congratulations! (I assume?) I'd love to be moving out that way right now but alas I have to wait until I'm a full grown up.

If you can't keep up the T4RotM donations I completely understand, but we still greatly appreciate your support in the past! Maybe you can keep the other vendors donating :frisky:

Good luck with the move! Hope everything makes it, I remember seeing something about Richard Pryor having some problems with a cross country move like that.

http://www.imcdb.org/images/020/364.jpg

Antman 06-02-2013 05:57 PM

Damn Bobby!

It just isn't going to be the same without you there! :cry2:

I really enjoyed the times I've spent with you at the shop, The Cove, and Sandy Point. You are truly a standup guy, and very generous to boot. Not many in this world like you, my friend!

I'm sure you will do well wherever you go. Best of luck!

limamike 06-02-2013 06:13 PM

Bobby, I thought we had plans for you to come to AZ. What the heck, man!?

Ducmonsta 06-02-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limamike (Post 1395079)
Bobby, I thought we had plans for you to come to AZ. What the heck, man!?

Funny you say that! Flagstaff was one of the locations. Asheville, NC and SLC, UT. Maybe during the next move.

4ShoreRunner 06-02-2013 06:28 PM

Best of luck to you Bobby! Thanks for all you've done for us in the DC area over the years!

Semi-Hex 06-02-2013 06:35 PM

You were chosen for a great area to live in. (I don't know how else to say that) Surrounded by National forests and parks, plenty of camping and now, you are on the correct side of the country!

Titanpat57 06-02-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducmonsta (Post 1395047)
Friends,
I will be relocating my family and myself to Vancouver, WA (just north of Portland, OR). My wife is a lawyer for the USDA and is being relocated. My 4 year old son and soon to be 6 year old daughter and I will be joining her September of this year.

I have not determined what exactly I will be doing yet as this may be a great time for me to spend some quality time being a stay at home father. I have some opportunity to get into the RV world as a vendor. But I have not taken the job yet.

I hope to continue to be a representative of High Tech here on this forum. I actually hope to continue to be an employee. There is a possiblity that I will be creating a website for e-commerce for High Tech. I will also try and continue to be the representative for the T4ROTM prizes @TRDCal @gaterose .

I know there are some of you that are coming to have some fabrication and installation work done in the next couple of months @Okki @joneseyyy . Not to worry, I will still oversee these projects. And in the future, I still hope to be able to communicate with the guys at High Tech for any members that are looking to have work done. You just won't get to see my ugly mug when you come in. The two technicians that mainly work on the T4R community's trucks will still be there. We are and will remain good friends. So I expect to have continuous contact with them even if we are on different coasts.

So, if some of you had seen the thread I had started in the General section about a friend moving to the PNW and was looking for a place to go....that was me. I'm still up for suggestions for local shops in the Portland area to bring my expertise and passion to. *ahem* @helocat @lt

It's obvious at this point, I will not have the pleasure of coming to the Antman camp II in Oct. @Antman @phillyd2 @Kraeken @4ShoreRunner @jangoforhire @limamike @joneseyyy @Qjake @Jesse1983 @Titanpat57 @zamboni @SVBIED Sorry to miss this years festivities. It was a blast meeting you guys in person.

I'm thrilled for your new opportunities...and think it's a wonderful time to see some more of the country while the kids are young...I'm envious as all hell..that country is beautiful.
I do have some contacts to pass on to you...best of luck out there, and I'm sure we'll talk!!

Kraeken 06-02-2013 06:57 PM

You're moving to one of the nicest areas in North America! You're going to have a great time! The East Coast is too small for you.

Make sure climb Mt St Helens & Mt Rainier, take up sea kayaking, and think about Sasquatch hunting...

It was a pleasure meeting you and doing business with you, hopefully we'll see you in July!

Ducmonsta 06-02-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanpat57 (Post 1395125)
I'm thrilled for your new opportunities...and think it's a wonderful time to see some more of the country while the kids are young...I'm envious as all hell..that country is beautiful.
I do have some contacts to pass on to you...best of luck out there, and I'm sure we'll talk!!

Yeah, we really liked Colorado when we lived there. We enjoyed the entire 101/1 (PCH) when we did our xcountry trip for 8 weeks. Looking forward to more/new adventures. And I'll get to meet some new t4r friends!

Okki 06-02-2013 07:12 PM

Well Dang Bobby... glad I'm able to be one of your last jobs while still on this side of the fence. I think it's great for kids to live in different countries/places and get that cultural experience. It also means you'll have friends all over the place which makes for great places to crash when you're travelling around.

I've lived in 3 countries and traveled to countless others; Some of the best memories of my life so far.

That said, enjoy the adventure and don't hesitate to give me a shout if you're ever in the Mid West.

Okki

TRDCal 06-02-2013 08:03 PM

Just another chapter in the book of life...I hope your new place treats you as well as you've treated us!

limamike 06-02-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducmonsta (Post 1395095)
Funny you say that! Flagstaff was one of the locations. Asheville, NC and SLC, UT. Maybe during the next move.

Too bad. I bet you would have loved Flagstaff. I dig the PNW as well, so I guess I can be happy for you!

FactoryRide 06-02-2013 11:03 PM

Best of luck with the move Bobby. Enjoy the PNW! Doesn't sound like a bad move at all.

Redwolf 06-02-2013 11:24 PM

Welcome to the PNW when you get here later in the year.
I always wanted to make one of those meet ups in NOVA when I was living in Norfolk. So maybe I will get a chance for you to work on the ride out here and have beer with you.