Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   SHROCKWORKS Summer Group Buy 2013 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/146625-shrockworks-summer-group-buy-2013-a.html)

ugamurph 07-19-2013 12:03 PM

SHROCKWORKS Summer Group Buy 2013

SHROCKWORKS SUMMER GROUP BUY 2013

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE LARGEST SHROCKWORKS GROUP BUY EVER!

DISCOUNT PERIOD HAS ENDED

--------------------

***NEW UPDATE***
(08/06/13)
This is what you have been patiently waiting for! The 15% discount code is here!

DISCOUNT CODE: T4RGB13 (NO DASHES AS WAS ORIGINALLY POSTED & PM'd)

Extra perk: (From Justin @TxBxSx at SW) "As for compensation for the extra 10 orders. I was able to get a new batch of shirts on order so that we can get each participant one. We will have black shirts and gray shirts available in medium through XL (if needed I think we still have some XXL and 3XL from the last batch). So, just have everyone specify size and color in the notes section when they put their orders in." (Don't complain... we knew up front the maximum discount would be 15%. I'm thankful for that.)

We can begin ordering Wednesday morning, August 7th. The discount code will be valid from Wednesday, August 7th to Sunday, August 11th at 11:59 PM. (The end date was extended from the original date.) You will need to go online or call Shrockworks to place your order during that time period. Shrockworks must receive at least 20 orders during that time frame or the discount code will be recalled. Don't forget to enter the discount code when placing your order.

So that we can keep up with how many orders have been fulfilled, reply to the thread when you've placed your order. I'll update the list.

If you have any questions about the process, post them as a reply to the thread. I will get the answers and add them to post #2.

--------------------

Shrockworks offers quality off road armor products for 4Runner, Tacoma, FJ Cruiser and more. The front winch bumpers, rock sliders, rear plate bumpers (with or without tire carrier) and skid plates are made in house at their location in Houston, TX by skilled craftsmen. Get your order in to receive a group buy discount.

@Fjatheart and I have been working with Mark at Shrockworks about getting another group buy together for this year. We will update this first post with any changes. As with the other group buys, Mark wants us to gauge interest to determine the final GB discount offer.

We will be compiling a list of buyers until August 2nd.

This is what we've agreed to:

- 10% off any item in the Shrockworks Toyota section with a minimum of 10 orders

- 15% off any item with a minimum of 20 orders

- Guaranteed shipment within 4 months of the last day the discount is valid OR receive an additional 10% off your order.

Rules:
- minimum of 10 orders to fulfill the GB and receive a 10% discount.
- minimum of 20 orders to receive a 15% discount

- REPLY TO THIS THREAD WITH:
username: Vehicle (Gen or Year), Product, options, bare or powder coat

- I will keep a running list on this first post. To avoid any confusion, only list your username and items. In other words, don't copy and paste the full list.

- GB is open to anyone (not just T4R.org members) that buys from the Toyota section. So, let your FJ & Taco buddies know (& make a post with their request).

- Do not place your order with SW until the GB has been fulfilled and a discount code issued. Once the GB has been closed, Mark will provide us with a discount code that will be valid for one week. All orders will be placed online or by phone by each buyer during that week.

Payment Options:
1 - Pay in full by credit card when placing your order online
2 - Select "Credit Card by Phone" at the time of order. Pay half at time of order and the remainder when item goes to powder coat or shipping (if not being powder coated)

**As with prior group buys, orders already placed with Shrockworks will not qualify for the group buy. SW orders material in bulk when doing a GB and can pass their savings on to us.

Post any questions about the GB to this thread and @Fjatheart or I will contact Mark to get them answered. If you have product questions, contact Shrockworks directly.

Interest List:
**username: Vehicle (Gen or Year), Product, options, bare or powder coat**
Orders completed shown in RED

1. ugamurph: T4R (3rd, 2001) Front Bumper, Limited, Full Hoop, Shackles, 1" shackle tabs, bare metal
2. Fjatheart T4R (3rd, 2001) Front Bumper, Full Hoop, Shackles, bare metal, 4inch Piaa Drive lights

3. kenski: T4R (5th, 2011), Trail Edition Rocker Trim (Part # T4R5-TETRM), no options
4. Traillite: T4R (3rd) Front Bumper, Limited, Bare Steel, Full Hoop, PIAA 4" & 5" White Driving, Shackles
5. LOSTR4: Front Bumper (4th Gen, 2005), Full Hoop, Shackles, bare metal, no lights (still want cutouts), DRL lights too.
6. EatonKyleH: T4R (3rd, 2000) Front Bumper, Limited, Full Hoop, Black Powder Coat
7. sandcrawler: T4R (2010 Trail Edition) 5th Gen sliders, 3 supports, Black Powder Coat
8. bitman: Tacoma (2008) rear bumper, powder coat gray, halogen reverse lights, and 2 shackles
9. hipnix: T4R (5th, 2013), Trail Edition Rocker Trim (Part # T4R5-TETRM), no options
10. TXAg03: T4R (5th / 2013), Front Engine Skid, No KDSS, powder coat
11. Pimpsta: T4R 5th Gen, rock sliders, textured powder coat, three tube support
12. Pimpsta: T4R 5th Gen, TE Rocker Trim

13. USMCRUNNER; 5th Gen, Trail(KDSS), Rock sliders, 3 supports, textured black powder coat
14. Jmdwifi: T4R (5th,2013) SR5, Rock sliders, powder coated, 3 support option
15. drewm: T4R (4th, 2003) 4th gen sliders, xreas yes, black powder coat, 2 tube support
16. skypig22: T4R (5th) TE rocker trim
17. swimmerdude1127: T4R (2013, 5th gen), TE rocker trim
18. swimmerdude1127: T4R (2013, 5th gen) sliders powder coated, 3-bar
19. swimmerdude1127: T4R (2013, 5th gen) full set of skids, bare

20. EatonKyleH - T4R (3rd, 2000) Rear Bumper, limited, black powder coat, with tire carrier, with jerry can holder
21. Okki - 5th Gen (2010 LE) full set of 5 skids, no KDSS, powder coat black.
22. zopperman: T4R 4th gen 4runner with XREAS, sliders, bare steel, with extra support tube
23. ncWILLI5- 1999 T4R SR5, rear bumper without tire rack, black powder coat, 4 shackles total(front and rear)
24. phx: T4R (5th, 2012 LE), Trail Edition Rocker Trim (Part # T4R5-TETRM)
25. ColoradoFrosty: T4R (5th Gen, 2012) Limited - Front Bumper, center hoop only, Black Powder Coat, 2 Shackles.
26. tytacoma89: Tacoma (1st gen) sliders, extra support
27. fenderpicks: Tacoma 2013 Rear Plate Bumper, Powder coat
28. Fimbulvetr: 4runner (2012 Trail, 5th Gen) Winch Bumper, center hoop only, 2 shackles, powder coat
29. LEX LUTHOR: Tacoma (2nd gen) sliders, double cab long bed
30. jam46283:T4R (5th gen) engine skid, black powder coat
31. swimmerdude1127: T4R, (2013,5th gen) front bumper, black powder coat, w/ center hoop & headlight guards
32. TideRunner: T4R (3rd, 2000) Front Bumper, Limited, Center Hoop Only, Black Powder Coat, 2" Body Lift Brackets, Shackles
33. Gnzo: T4R (5th Gen) Bumper with Semi-Gloss Black Powder Coat, Center Hoop & Headlight Guards.
34. Gnzo: T4R (5th Gen) Rock Sliders, Black Powder Coat, Third Tube Support

35. Fjatheart: T4R (3rd) Rear bumper with tire carrier, bare
36. Traillite: T4R (3rd) Rear bumper with tire carrier, bare

37. DannyLLama: T4R (5th gen) sliders
38. hrt4me: T4R (3rd) rear bumper, tire carrier and jerry can holder
39. Spenser: 4Runner (2007), Front Bumper, Black Powdercoat
40. Howard35: T4R (5th gen) Gas tank skid, Rocker trim

ugamurph 07-19-2013 12:04 PM

***I'm listing the answers to any questions that are relevant to all participants here. ***

----

Does shipping work just like normal on the group buy? Anyway to estimate cost before committing?

Yes. Shipping is the same. Discount is only on the product.
Check here:
Shrockworks shipping info
For a more detailed quote give them a call at 877-474-7625.

----

SW currently has "Free Shipping to lower 48" listed on the Skids page (for the gen 5). Would that free shipping apply to any group buy order of skids?

Yes, Mark confirmed that the "free shipping to the lower 48" offer for skid plates will still apply with the group buy.

----

If I plan on buying more than one large item from the Toyota Section, will that count as one order toward our needed number?

If you order more than one large item, each item counts toward the number we need to receive the discount. If you order a front bumper, rear bumper, and sliders, then that will add 3 to the total orders.

----

I've had several people asking, "Am I too late to join the GB?"

As long as it's before August 11 @ 11:59 PM....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ugamurph (Post 1433300)
No! You're not too late! Anyone can join in on the fun between now and the close of the discount period (Aug. 11th). Post a reply to this thread with your *username: Vehicle (Gen or Year), Product, options*. That will help us keep up with how many have actually participated by the end of the GB.

----

Questions about ordering, discounts and shipping.

1. A few of us may be picking up our orders from y'all. When we order online, it automatically adds the shipping charges. What do we need to do to avoid the shipping charges on our invoice?

The website is only set up to take one coupon code. Local orders will need to either call in their order, or select credit card by phone and specify LOCAL PICK-UP in notes field to avoid site from charging shipping automatically.

2. Will the discount apply to any other products that we buy on the same order with one (or more) of the items from the Toyota section?

The way the coupon code is set up it will apply to anything that applies to the Toyota product with the exception of winches. So things like lights and shackles. If order is put in on the web site, the code will only apply to items that are selected in the drop down menu's of that specific product and ordered directly with that product. If someone wants to order a set of lights for their bumper that are not in the drop down, they can use the same methods mentioned above to get proper pricing.

3. I know y'all offered the 4 month to shipping (or powder coat) guarantee. Is there a possibility of some of the orders shipping out earlier than 4 months?

Some orders will be shipping earlier. Items like skids and sliders usually move faster than bumpers. The 4 month mark is just a "no later than" mark.

4. If we are requesting non-standard options (i.e. I want 1" shackle tabs on the 3rd gen front bumper), how do we need to request that on online orders?

Custom additions/alterations should be noted in notes field. Some may be subject to additional charges, but 1" tow tabs can be added at no additional charge.

Fjatheart 07-19-2013 12:24 PM

2. fjatheart T4R (3rd, 2001) Front Bumper, SR5, Full Hoop, Shackles, bare metal, 4inch Piaa Drive lights

kenski 07-19-2013 12:35 PM

Not your biggest order. But hey, it's under the Toyota section. And a discount's a discount. :wof:

kenski: T4R (5th, 2011), Trail Edition Rocker Trim (Part # T4R5-TETRM), no options

Fjatheart 07-19-2013 01:04 PM

Placing order for Nathan.

Traillite, Limited Style Fender Flare, Bare Steel, Full Tube Center, PIAA 4" White Driving, Black Shackles

LOSTR4 07-19-2013 01:31 PM

LOSTR4: Front Bumper (4th Gen, 2005), Full Hoop, Shackles, bare metal, no lights (still want cutouts), DRL lights too.

ChildrenOfBodom 07-19-2013 05:42 PM

Shrockworks is an awesome company. Just when I thought the first group buy would be the last, I get in on the second and got my bumper I've been wanting, wonderfully discounted.

Today marks the fourth GB and it's very nice to see how much they're willing to hook us up.

Thank you Shrockworks

ugamurph 07-19-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChildrenOfBodom (Post 1433590)
Shrockworks is an awesome company. Just when I thought the first group buy would be the last, I get in on the second and got my bumper I've been wanting, wonderfully discounted.

Today marks the fourth GB and it's very nice to see how much they're willing to hook us up.

Thank you Shrockworks

Ive heard they're a great company. Looking forward to having their bumper on my T4R.

LOSTR4 07-20-2013 12:25 PM

Do I pay now or do I pay once we've reached our 10 person GB quota?

Fjatheart 07-20-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSTR4 (Post 1434073)

Hi there! Thanks for joining the buy!

We will receive a discount code from Mark once we've reached 10. I hope we can double that, which might result in a deeper discount:biggrin2:

ugamurph 07-20-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOSTR4 (Post 1434073)

Do not place your order with SW until the GB has been fulfilled and a discount code issued. Once the GB has been closed, Mark will provide us with a discount code that will be valid for one week. All orders will be placed online or by phone by each buyer during that week.

EatonKyleH 07-20-2013 11:02 PM

I'm in!

EatonKyleH: T4R (3rd, 2000) Front Bumper, Limited, Full Hoop, Black Powder Coat

Front for sure....

and I will place an order for the 3rd gen rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and jerry can mount if we can get more than 10% and allowed to apply it to ordering more than one item. I also have purchased their sliders already... man Mark help a Shrockworks fiend out! :peep:

Fireball 07-20-2013 11:51 PM

Does shipping work just like normal on the group buy? Anyway to estimate cost before committing?

Thanks !

ugamurph 07-21-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 1434411)

Thanks !

Yes. Shipping is the same. Discount is only on the product.

Check here:
Shrockworks shipping info

For a more detailed quote give them a call at 877-474-7625.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatonKyleH (Post 1434387)
Front for sure....
and I will place an order for the 3rd gen rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and jerry can mount if we can get more than 10% and allowed to apply it to ordering more than one item.

If you decide to order the rear, it will add to the number of orders. Each large item counts as one order. So, front and rear bumpers equals 2 orders.

ugamurph 07-21-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChildrenOfBodom (Post 1433590)

Thank you Shrockworks

COB, Don't you need to order another Shrockworks product? :amen: