Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   Online mattresses (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/146696-online-mattresses.html)

hikenbike 07-20-2013 06:17 PM

Online mattresses

Has anyone here ever purchased one of those memory foam mattresses from Amazon?

If so, can you tell me how they are, what the purchase experience was like, and any unexpected issues?

Thanks

Thai 07-20-2013 07:01 PM

I have Tempura-pedic. I am NOT impress by it. It's OK. I would not spend that much again on a memory foam mattress.

hikenbike 07-20-2013 07:35 PM

I understand that Amazon sells a brand that I've heard good things about from a few others and shipping is free.

Mattresses are a very convoluted item to buy because you never really know what your getting unless you get one like yours that is the same no matter what store you get it from. All the other brands have different model names that are not consistent across retailers.

At least with Amazon it seems a more consistent product model identifier and you get a lot of customer feedback. A $2-$3k mattress can be gotten for less than $1k

20034RunnerV84x2 07-20-2013 07:53 PM

I got some Hampton mattress or whatever that is a pillow top from Mattress Firm for $700 including the frame. I personally wouldn't buy a tempurpedic or any other bed from amazon or online period. but I love the pillow I have from tempurpedic.

-JD- 07-20-2013 09:10 PM

I found memory foam really hot to sleep on and after a few nights somewhat uncomfortable. I replaced it with a latex mattress with a featherbed topper that I'm very happy with.

BrianSD_42 07-20-2013 09:52 PM

Go to Costco.com

I bought a 3" foam topper for $99, normally like $140

It goes great with the extra firm premium mattress they sell.

Plus you can return it to any Costco store if you don't like it.

WillK 07-20-2013 10:32 PM

My vote goes for one sold at Kohl's. It's not cheap, but it's definitely worth the money.
I have a really nice pillow top mattress and put a 3"topper on it and it's incredible now!

I/we liked it so much we bought one for each bed in our house. When we have people stay over, they're amazed at the comfort of them, but are surprised when they find out it's a simple mattress topper.

Home Classics Sculpted 3-in. Memory Foam Mattress Topper

I've never had a bad night sleep on this thing. No soreness, kinks, knots anything.

koulee 07-21-2013 03:42 AM

If you have a Costco membership, Costco sells some pretty good memory foam mattresses for much cheaper than Temper-pedics and they work the same.

Mattresses

westwind77 07-21-2013 05:30 PM

We spent a year off and on looking at mattresses. What a F'in pain in the a$$! Stores have different models and brands from the company that others can not carry, crazy. Ended up going to Sleepy's and getting a high end on, but wow, so worth it. 3 years no interest, perfect as well. People either love or hate the memory foam, seems to be no middle ground.

hikenbike 07-21-2013 05:51 PM

This Talalay latex foam mattress is what I had in mind. Heard it was the best kind of foam to get and does not make you warm. Company reps call after you order to discuss the type of build you want. Will discuss with the wife but may pull the trigger on this soon......

Amazon.com: Ultimate Dreams King Eurotop Latex Mattress: Home & Kitchen

kevsctt 08-05-2020 07:28 AM

I have a mattress that I bought in 2012. It still is working fine. It is still soft and I can only sleep on my mattress, I do not know what is the problem with me. There is something magical in it :D

Ogre75 08-05-2020 09:58 AM

I've been sleeping in the hole of my shitty mattress bought in 2001... I'm too damned cheap to spend big on a mattress, but it is tempting... lol

oh24runner 08-06-2020 03:56 PM

I would highly recommend the Casper Original mattress depending on the size you need you can get them for under 1K.

Jbuckets 08-06-2020 04:22 PM

The lady at the mattress store actually talked me out of a temper pedic and I went with a traditional inner coil but my buddy got one of those foam ones off the internet (Leeza) Im pretty sure, and he couldn't be happier, and I'm sure it was much cheaper than an in store one. Think its all personal preference

Yotamaster 10-12-2020 11:55 AM

Got a bed in box for my daughter from purple and it is pretty nice. Been a year now with no issues