Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Things you did not know about your 4runner (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/156502-things-you-did-not-know-about-your-4runner.html)

Model T 12-05-2013 12:42 AM

Things you did not know about your 4runner

Someone came up with a thread like this at
Another forum.
Here's one:
When going from neutral/park to D or R
there's about 1 second delay in throttle
response.

NoDak 12-05-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Model T (Post 1552016)
Someone came up with a thread like this at
Another forum.
Here's one:
When going from neutral/park to D or R
there's about 1 second delay in throttle
response.

that's to prevent the thunk of the transmission before it engages due to above idle revs.

jangoforhire 12-05-2013 01:08 AM

Things you did not know about your 4runner

One I figured out randomly a while ago:

Holding down "mode" on the steering wheel controls turns the radio on and off.

swimmerdude1127 12-05-2013 01:28 AM

Here's one I just found out when wiring halos...

DRLs do not work when you start the car and have the parking brake engaged. However if you already have the car running and the parking brake is not engaged, then you engage it, DRLs will stay on... weird.

swimmerdude1127 12-05-2013 01:29 AM

Another one....

in "party mode" the middle row (second row) speakers do not get any power.

Tengu 12-05-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimmerdude1127 (Post 1552068)
Another one....

Say wha???

swimmerdude1127 12-05-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tengu (Post 1552070)
Say wha???

Yep, try it. If you turn on "party mode" there will be no sound coming out of the back seats. Open the doors to confirm and then you'll notice. At first I thought something was wrong with my speakers!

Ducmonsta 12-05-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimmerdude1127 (Post 1552068)
Another one....

That's because it's designed to "amplify" the lift gate speakers and increases the power to the sub. Well, not increase the power but increase the gain.

Tengu 12-05-2013 01:50 AM

Hell on my sr5 I heard no difference (I later associated that the way I did my kappa mod) but my trail (with better kappa job) was much better.

I'll have to try that tomorrow. That just confirms, after lift, I've got to do something about that shitty sound system.

Keemonrunnin 12-05-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jangoforhire (Post 1552047)
One I figured out randomly a while ago:

Holding down "mode" on the steering wheel controls turns the radio on and off.

The things I learn from this forum.

Tengu 12-05-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducmonsta (Post 1552092)
That's because it's designed to "amplify" the lift gate speakers and increases the power to the sub. Well, not increase the power but increase the gain.

What sub?

Ducmonsta 12-05-2013 02:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tengu (Post 1552097)
What sub?

Sorry, it doesn't do anything to the sub. Whether you have it or not.
Attachment 104250

Where's that damn @Owner's Manual when you need it?!

Hawaiian4runner 12-05-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducmonsta (Post 1552108)
Sorry, it doesn't do anything to the sub. Whether you have it or not.
Attachment 104250

Where's that damn @Owner's Manual when you need it?!

Not entirely true. Depends what stereo you have. JBL premium system works differently. Party mode does not cut back door speakers and does boost the sub.

Maz 12-05-2013 03:25 AM

This one is something most people probably know. That being said if you're out of the car and need to put the back window up or down you can use the key. Turning left with the key in the tailgate lowers the window. Turning right on the key automatically locks the doors and puts up the window.

It should added that using the key is not automatic, like the button in the center counsel is. If you stop holding the key over, the window stops wherever is is at the time. That is true left or right....up or down.

P.S. A thread like this on the 4th Gen Forum from a few years ago turned out to be so informative that I still have the print out. Thanks for starting this one Model T !

Antman 12-05-2013 06:30 AM

If you press the recirc button on the HVAC controls it will "time out" and shut itself off. You can keep recirc mode "on" by pressing and holding the button for about 5 seconds. It will stay in recirc until you turn the truck off.