Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   otrattw (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/162611-otrattw.html)

N/A 02-20-2014 05:24 PM

otrattw

Which switches are everyone getting?

The Contura V Laser Etched switches Amber upper Independent/Amber Lower Dependent ?

Antman 02-20-2014 05:35 PM

How long is a piece of rope?

KVA 02-20-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antman (Post 1626816)
How long is a piece of rope?

About this long :rofl:

N/A 02-20-2014 06:19 PM

I would be shocked if you don't know what I mean...but if I must spell it out...color wise what looks best in the dash

Antman 02-20-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N/A (Post 1626855)
I would be shocked if you don't know what I mean...but if I must spell it out...color wise what looks best in the dash

Just messin' with ya!

The amber matches the dash lights pretty darn good.

N/A 02-20-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antman (Post 1626864)
Just messin' with ya!

The amber matches the dash lights pretty darn good.

in hindsight it was a pretty vague question :)

I assume when they list independant upper and dependant lower that means the top part of the switch if always lit and the bottom is only lit when on?

Antman 02-20-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N/A (Post 1626869)
in hindsight it was a pretty vague question :)

I assume when they list independant upper and dependant lower that means the top part of the switch if always lit and the bottom is only lit when on?

You are correct. Independent LED's can be wired however you like, with the dash lights, or ignition only for instance.

Some of our switches have green indicator lights when they are "on", so you could go with amber independent, green dependent for a more factory appearance.

They are nice switches- they make custom switches too if you ask them, and for really cheap.

Titanpat57 02-20-2014 07:01 PM

linky?

and do they fit in the original locations?

thanks

volcom440 02-20-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanpat57 (Post 1626917)
linky?

thanks

Awesome stuff on their site. OTRATTW

mace. 02-20-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanpat57 (Post 1626917)
linky?

thanks

Nope, you'll have to do some trimming to get one in a stock location.

Titanpat57 02-20-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mace. (Post 1627101)
Nope, you'll have to do some trimming to get one in a stock location.

ahhh...I was under the assumption they "pop" in..thanks for that info!

KVA 02-20-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titanpat57 (Post 1627140)
ahhh...I was under the assumption they "pop" in..thanks for that info!

The only switches that fit the stock locations (even these need a little trimming on the internal switch side) are these made for the Prado 150 (Toyota Type 1 Switches)

The OTTATTW switches (Contura V or X, etc...) all require trimming to the actual hole size to fit - though they do "pop in" when the hole is the right size. Otherwise you should consider what others have done and buy the three or six switch holder and carve up a good rectangle position on the lower drivers side to fit one of these...this will provide more options.

See @jangoforhire 's build thread for switch inspiration!

Titanpat57 02-20-2014 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KVA (Post 1627163)
The only switches that fit the stock locations (even these need a little trimming on the internal switch side) are these made for the Prado 150 (Toyota Type 1 Switches)

The OTTATTW switches (Contura V or X, etc...) all require trimming to the actual hole size to fit - though they do "pop in" when the hole is the right size. Otherwise you should consider what others have done and buy the three or six switch holder and carve up a good rectangle position on the lower drivers side to fit one of these...this will provide more options.

See @jangoforhire 's build thread for switch inspiration!

Thank you for that clarification.

Jhalko 02-20-2014 11:58 PM

Check out slee off roads website as well they have one or two switches that are supposed to fit. I have one but haven't installed yet. Green backlight though.