Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Carolinas (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/carolinas/)
-   -   Carolina Toyota Offroad Club/Group (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/carolinas/163591-carolina-toyota-offroad-club-group.html)

crapper1979 03-04-2014 01:17 PM

Carolina Toyota Offroad Club/Group

It seems as though there are several of you out there in NC/SC that own Toyotas. Not only do you own one or two but you enjoy using them offroad. I recently joined a Facebook group called Carolina Trail Stalkers looking for like minded individuals that enjoyed offroading and camping. It is over ran by Jeep Owners and was curious if there is an interest out there to have a Toyota Club, with our own name and graphics and such to proudly display on our vehicles. Not that I dislike the Jeep guys, but their events and get-togethers are Jeep gatherings. We could start our own Facebook page to have a place to capture everyone that wants to actively participate and get together for events (T4R.org has pretty slow movement on the Carolina pages and it only captures 4-runners). Let's get this thread going to see what interest gets generated and go form there. I think in order to form a collective group we should have at least 5 founding members. Once we have at least 5 we can vote on a name and come up with an ethos or mission/purpose statement. The next step I believe would be to come up with some graphics and then form a facebook page to generate more interest and seek more members.

John (Pikeville, NC)

crapper1979 03-12-2014 05:37 AM

Screw it. I'm going to do it anyway. If you build it they will come. Or so I've heard. I have a group of 3-4 guys I work with that are interested too. So before I create a Facebook page we need a name. Suggestions?

hurt4x 03-17-2014 06:56 PM

I'd be in.

jstim 05-28-2014 02:57 AM

I would be in too.

Jack19 06-01-2014 04:10 PM

Interested.

ralatkins 06-17-2014 06:45 AM

yeah, me too. don't wheel yet, but working towards that goal

st8rocks 06-19-2014 02:38 PM

I came from the Landcrusher crowd, they have a great NC group that I try to stay up with. They maintain trails at URE and have lots of planned/annual trips. I wish the 4runner group was as organized... Hmmmm who is going to take the lead here.

tre9er 07-24-2014 12:41 PM

Hey, I may be moving to Asheville/Hickory/Charlotte area, so you guys need to get this together!! :D

kpd1999 07-27-2014 09:06 AM

I'm in if this comes together.

HHIslandT4 08-04-2014 10:46 PM

Hilton Head Island, SC....98 LTD 4x4 white interested

ralatkins 08-11-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crapper1979 (Post 1647199)
Screw it. I'm going to do it anyway. If you build it they will come. Or so I've heard. I have a group of 3-4 guys I work with that are interested too. So before I create a Facebook page we need a name. Suggestions?

SO??? what happened here?

DirtDobber 11-04-2014 12:44 AM

I would be very interested in this. I have a buddy with a vinyl cutter for decals later on as well if needed. I am looking at getting a roof top tent next spring and look forward to camping in the Carolinas and surrounding states as well.

what about the ones who responded interested in this thread plan a meet and great camping trip and trail ride, maybe at Gulches, Uwharrie, etc...

st8rocks 11-06-2014 05:59 PM

I'm headed to URE Nov 15-16th. Wheeling with Scott Field's class Saturday then URE trails Sunday. Mtb, camping, the usual nonsense.

MARINE_HMLA 11-20-2014 10:20 PM

I'm in, in hickory area

Pir8hippo 11-24-2014 12:00 PM

I'm in, let's do this... How soon can we get this started fellas? Who would be interested in being founding members, and starting a meet up, at least once a quarter to start, but would love once a month if possible... Let's go... Time is a wasting!