Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Front lift options ( you can actually buy ) (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/175194-front-lift-options-you-can-actually-buy.html)

NinetwoNine 08-08-2014 08:00 AM

Front lift options ( you can actually buy )

Any options I've missed?

Looking for .875"-1" lift for the wifes T4R

Found a set of 5100's two weeks ago, Fedex lost them.
Cornfed can't reach them over the last 2 days.
Toytec only 3/4" inch.

Not meant to be I guess.

Texas777 08-08-2014 08:58 AM

Check with ToyTec. They had a couple of sets of 5100's in stock as of last week.

cowtown 08-08-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinetwoNine (Post 1767289)
Any options I've missed?

Toytec only 3/4" inch.

Not meant to be I guess.

I answered a similar question in another thread this morning. I ordered a full set of Bilstein 5100s from Toytec about 4 months ago. They were delivered in about 3 or 4 days, and I've been running them on my 2014 TE ever since (fronts set at 1.75") with absolutely no problems. I'll warn you in advance that there's a part number issue that many posters have commented on in multiple different threads.

I questioned the Toytec guys closely about the part numbers issue before I ordered my shocks. They confirmed that the setup they're selling uses the adjustable 5100s that Bilstein designed for the 4th gen 4Runners, but they said they've been selling and installing that setup for 5th gens for years now with no negative issues whatsoever. I guess my desire for instant gratification got the best of me because I didn't feel like waiting "indefinitely" for another vendor to finally stock the newer version. As I said before, I've experienced zero problems while using these shocks.

On a quick side note, I installed 2 stacked 10mm OME trim spacers (also bought from Toytec) on each rear coil, and I think the setup turned out perfect---for me, at least---when paired with the 5100s set at 1.75" up front. The vehicle has a modest overall lift; it achieved a leveling effect while still maintaining just a little factory rake (even while fully loaded down with gear and people in back); absolutely no nose dive; rides great.

I highly recommend this setup for those in my same boat. The 4Runner is my daily driver. I also do a pretty good amount of off-road activity all year round, but it's not hardcore rock crawling. Mostly crossing rough terrain and mud in order to get to/from hunting and fishing locations.

ATL4R 08-08-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Any options I've missed?

Toytec only 3/4" inch.

Not meant to be I guess.

A set of OME 883 springs on OME shocks should give you around 1.5 inch of lift.

NinetwoNine 08-08-2014 10:54 AM

Fat Bobs has some options as well, little confusing but I'll call them, some P/N say 1" lift and some say 1" Spacer which gives you 2".
I run the 5100 on my tundra with no issues, but the Runner is the kid hauler and a 1/2" spacer will keep it close to stock and the warranty clowns will have less to complain about.

jarbroen 08-08-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Any options I've missed?

Toytec only 3/4" inch.

Not meant to be I guess.

Stick with the 5100's. Not only can you easily get the .875" lift but you'll get improved handling/feel from the shocks. It also helps immensely with the braking nose dive.
I've had 5100's on all 4 corners for over a year. Can't imagine going back to the stock setup.
I think I ordered mine from allshocks.
Do make sure you get the right part number. I had to dig through a bunch of threads to get the right version.

Taco04 08-08-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATL4R (Post 1767365)
A set of OME 883 springs on OME shocks should give you around 1.5 inch of lift.

I went this route with 883's and OME struts and came out with a full 2" of lift on just these two mods alone. I know Fire Fighter EMT did this and came out with 1.5"-1.75" but he was on stock struts so I wonder if that is why he came out with less?

Bad_Influence 08-08-2014 07:15 PM

I have 1" cornfed spacers in the back only, I had to call him multiple times to get a hold of the guy. He never responded to my emails, and online it only suggested them for the 4th gen, which happens to be compatible with the 5th gens as well. Going the bilstein route seems to be the consensus for that issue on this site though.