Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   So Cal (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/so-cal/)
-   -   Any Interest in a Sunday 08/31 Deer Springs San Diego run? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/so-cal/176590-any-interest-sunday-08-31-deer-springs-san-diego-run.html)

BrianSD_42 08-29-2014 03:36 PM

Any Interest in a Sunday 08/31 Deer Springs San Diego run?

1 Attachment(s)
I'm just wondering if anyone is interested in doing a meet / run this weekend?

*** Confirmed ***
BrianSD_42
LMR
DirtyFingers
Kanger48 (maybe)
04DesertRunner (maybe)
FROGrunner

I was thinking Deer Springs trail since I have never been on it and it looks like fun. Is there a better trail we should be considering?

Yes this is a 4WD required trail. If you are interested in a non-4WD trail meetup that is totally cool - just start a new thread for that trip!

I am glad to be the trail leader but if someone shows up who has ran it before its probably best to put them in front.

True San Diego folks ..... I hope you have a good excuse for not joining :)

Meetup time:
08:30am at the spot in blue (see picture) on Mesa Rock Rd

Bring:
* Sunscreen (lol but for real)
* 5 Gallons of water
* Full tank of gas
* Spare Tire
* 4WD truck that at least has the running boards removed
* Good attitude
* No drinking or drugs while operating a vehicle on the trail --- duh!

Here is last year's thread ---> http://www.toyota-4runner.org/so-cal...r-springs.html

SHOUT-OUT: I pretty much used names of SoCal people I've seen on a few threads ....
@4Running Daily
@Sunday!
@Broker
@04desertrunner
@LMR
@cacarbuff
@Pisa 8687
@Kanger328
@Jedrattle
@jugzuger
@95yotarunner619
@Dirtyfingers
@4x4runner2002
@10ac
@DannyLlama
@DanKendall6
@MillerPKA
@JBurt
@ChildrenOfBodom
@Scat Adams
@Ryan04
@socalbry
@WFO_Racer
@ElGringoLoco
@sdhobbs
@nihkon
@Dlak
@cruisermansd
@GunDoc74
@85straight
@FROGrunner
@2014 Warthog @TraumaHawk
@luevanojoey
@brandoc0mmand0

:thumb3:

As I understand it you don't have to take all the tough lines and obstacles but it will be my first time on this trail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cacarbuff (Post 1578710)
Here are a few of the videos. The rest of the trail should be uploaded in the next couple of minutes. Just check out my other videos for the rest.

Here's the beginning of the trail:

Here's one of the play sections where Shane spotted me through. I made a rookie mistake and was distracted when I started the climb. So my nose was in the air before I had a chance to check out a good line. That's why I look so clueless about where I'm going... Thanks for helping me out @Kraze !

And here's the end of the trail where we thought we might lose the 1st genners (@Pisa_8687) ;)

I also have a few videos of @Kraze tackling that crazy climb. PM me if you want to "watch game videos" ;)

:bat:

4x4runner2002 08-29-2014 04:05 PM

i have to work, but thanks for the invite. maybe next time.

95yotarunner619 08-29-2014 04:10 PM

Well Sundays are a no go for me cause I work. But actually there is a deer spring run tonight at 6pm. And there is the local San Diego 4runner meet tomorrow at 1pm fiesta island. Just a friendly reminder. I will try harder to get the weekly meets up on the forum for the guys that aren't on the Facebook group.

DannyLlama 08-29-2014 04:13 PM

I'm on call this weekend for work :AK47::mad2: :pout:

I can't be anywhere there isn't Cel service.. Thanks for the invite, next time!

85straight 08-29-2014 04:14 PM

Im a definate maybe...may be starting a new career very soon so it will depend on how that goes. I also have never ran deer springs before and ive been wanting to

luevanojoey 08-29-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyLlama (Post 1783343)
I'm on call this weekend for work :AK47::mad2: :pout:

I can't be anywhere there isn't Cel service.. Thanks for the invite, next time!

Tonight at 6pm

BrianSD_42 08-29-2014 04:18 PM

It's interesting about the night run. I had no idea.

I think I may still stick to the day trip because I can't go tonight since I already have plans and my buddy and we talking about a Sunday run.

Also I'd like to run the trail in the daytime before I attempt it at night.

Where was the night run discussed, here on T4R ?

:tea:

2014 Warthog 08-29-2014 04:19 PM

Well that's like 4 miles from my house, and I've not been there either so I guess I should give it a shot :)

It would be nice to have at least once person who HAS been there to give a bit of guidance if necessary.

ZOMBRNR 08-29-2014 04:23 PM

Sounds like a blast.....Unfortunately its too short notice for me, I have engagement pictures tomorrow, and wedding stuff/archery Sunday morning =(

Next time

4Running Daily 08-29-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014 Warthog (Post 1783349)
Well that's like 4 miles from my house, and I've not been there either so I guess I should give it a shot :)

It would be nice to have at least once person who HAS been there to give a bit of guidance if necessary.

You definitely need someone with experience to show you the lines of the trail.

I can't go being 400 miles away at school currently, otherwise I would gladly show you guys.

04desertrunner 08-29-2014 05:20 PM

Brian there is a dr run tonight at six pm. Check out https://m.facebook.com/groups/243558...rid=1061721336

However if you still plan I will go, the trail is only 30 min away from me

BrianSD_42 08-29-2014 05:32 PM

I'll make an account for my truck and join FB ..

I really can't make it tonight because I'd have to cancel on the GF and that won't go over well.

If no one wants to go Sunday I can try a different weekend for sure.

nihkon 08-29-2014 06:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up Brian. Too late of a notice for me though. Maybe next time.

Pisa 8687 08-29-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianSD_42 (Post 1783320)
I'm just wondering if anyone is interested in doing a meet / run this weekend?

I was thinking Deer Springs trail since I have never been on it and it looks like fun. Is there a better trail we should be considering?

Yes this is a 4WD required trail. If you are interested in a non-4WD trail meetup that is totally cool - just start a new thread for that trip!

I am glad to be the trail leader but if someone shows up who has ran it before its probably best to put them in front.

True San Diego folks ..... I hope you have a good excuse for not joining :)

Meetup time:
08:30am at the spot in blue (see picture) on Mesa Rock Rd

Bring:
* Sunscreen (lol but for real)
* 5 Gallons of water
* Full tank of gas
* Spare Tire
* 4WD truck that at least has the running boards removed
* Good attitude
* No drinking or drugs while operating a vehicle on the trail --- duh!

Here is last year's thread ---> http://www.toyota-4runner.org/so-cal...r-springs.html

SHOUT-OUT: I pretty much used names of SoCal people I've seen on a few threads ....
@4Running Daily
@Sunday!
@Broker
@04desertrunner
@LMR
@cacarbuff
@Pisa 8687
@Kanger328
@Jedrattle
@jugzuger
@95yotarunner619
@Dirtyfingers
@4x4runner2002
@10ac
@DannyLlama
@DanKendall6
@MillerPKA
@JBurt
@ChildrenOfBodom
@Scat Adams
@Ryan04
@socalbry
@WFO_Racer
@ElGringoLoco
@sdhobbs
@nihkon
@Dlak
@cruisermansd
@GunDoc74
@85straight
@FROGrunner
@2014 Warthog @TraumaHawk
@luevanojoey
@brandoc0mmand0

:thumb3:

As I understand it you don't have to take all the tough lines and obstacles but it will be my first time on this trail.

:bat:

Thanks for the shout out. I would love to run this trail again have only done it the one time. But don't currently have a rig ready enough to do the whole trip down,run,back home again. Thanks again and have fun it's a great trail.

BrianSD_42 08-29-2014 11:33 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the shout out. I would love to run this trail again have only done it the one time.
Do you think a lifted 4x4 will have any problems? I've never done it before.