Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Safari Snorkel confirms snorkel for 4th-gen coming (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/181799-safari-snorkel-confirms-snorkel-4th-gen-coming.html)

4WDToyotaOwnerMag 11-13-2014 12:20 AM

Safari Snorkel confirms snorkel for 4th-gen coming

I've confirmed via ARB management that ARB/Safari Snorkel are releasing snorkels for both 3rd and 4th-gen 4Runners at long last.

No release date yet nor do I have pics as of yet. I was emailed and told an Aussie engineer is coming over here in a couple of weeks for test fitments. We hope to be part of that; if we are, I will post photos and info at that time.

With a 2004 Limited in our stable I'm super jazzed for this. Hope to have more good news soon. Cheers,

Dave
Publisher

OVERLAND IN TX 11-13-2014 12:26 AM

About time! I want to see it, & can't wait. Now let's see the price tag, before committing to purchasing one.

HHIRunner 11-13-2014 10:17 AM

Can't wait to see. Have held off on the Internal and 1st gen taco snorkels for a while in hopes of this.

montana_jeepn 11-13-2014 10:24 AM

So in....:)

emelianenkov 11-13-2014 01:59 PM

Woot!!!

MarkinWMich 11-13-2014 05:29 PM

SEMA photo...Snorkel on a Taco.

1 Attachment(s)
Should look about the same for the T4Rs.

chmura 11-13-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4WDToyotaOwnerMag (Post 1843094)
I've confirmed via ARB management that ARB/Safari Snorkel are releasing snorkels for both 3rd and 4th-gen 4Runners at long last.

No release date yet nor do I have pics as of yet. I was emailed and told an Aussie engineer is coming over here in a couple of weeks for test fitments. We hope to be part of that; if we are, I will post photos and info at that time.

With a 2004 Limited in our stable I'm super jazzed for this. Hope to have more good news soon. Cheers,

Dave
Publisher

Awesome news, put me down on the waiting list for one!

I have been following your white 4runner in your magazines. Every subscription something new is installed on it. Latest issue was a hybrid cbi rear bumper installation I believe. Love the mag.

Keep up the good work! Been a subscriber for years.

t-man 11-13-2014 06:59 PM

This is great news! I'm always scared of shooting water up in the fenderwell and causing damage. This would be some great peace of mind!

BlackWorksInc 11-13-2014 07:18 PM

WIGGTY WHAT SON!? That so cray cray toes awesome sawce yo! D:

But yeah, that's pretty cool! I'd like to see how they look. :)

HOJeepster 11-14-2014 07:11 PM

Beyond looking burly, what advantage does this really provide on a daily basis? I never quiet understood why people want a snorkle

chmura 11-14-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOJeepster (Post 1844853)
Beyond looking burly, what advantage does this really provide on a daily basis? I never quiet understood why people want a snorkle

Since the inlet of the snorkel is mounted up high less dust gets into the engine air filter when you are out in the dessert and behind someone. Main reason I want one is for deep water crossings to prevent hydrolocking the engine.

Few years ago I went to Australia for vacation and most trucks there ALL had snorkels. Even transit buses had snorkels on them. Pretty cool to see this.

Here an example why a snorkel is needed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/04/eqemuna2.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/04/y9y5ezup.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/04/yhe2u7u5.jpg

nitrag 11-14-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOJeepster (Post 1844853)

If I'm not mistaken most people who have aftermarket steel front bumpers and need to trim the fender liners. 4th gens at least have the air intake at the top of the wheel well in the fender. Thus, however unlikely still very possible to get eater sucked into engine. As mentioned before. Peace of mind. But there is a certain level of offroading seriousness to consider before purchase. They aren't cheap, $450 plus install.

BlackWorksInc 11-14-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrag (Post 1844872)
If I'm not mistaken most people who have aftermarket steel front bumpers and need to trim the fender liners. 4th gens at least have the air intake at the top of the wheel well in the fender. Thus, however unlikely still very possible to get eater sucked into engine. As mentioned before. Peace of mind. But there is a certain level of offroading seriousness to consider before purchase. They aren't cheap, $450 plus install.

All J120/J150 platform vehicles, Tundra, Sequoia, and Land Cruiser all pull air from the fender well (they all basically run CAI from the factory.) When I cleaned out my air box after I had gone mudding a year or two ago I found a solid 1" thick layer of dried mud in the bottom of the air box (ironically the air filter wasn't that badly clogged up), so a snorkel would prevent liquid getting into the air box and into the engine in those cases.

Hayden_ 11-14-2014 10:10 PM

This is awesome! Keep me updated I'm for sure interested

emelianenkov 11-15-2014 02:05 PM

I hope this comes out before Christmas... :D