Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Icon Lift question on T4R trail w/ KDSS (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/186272-icon-lift-question-t4r-trail-w-kdss.html)

reluctantkarmi 01-13-2015 07:27 PM

Icon Lift question on T4R trail w/ KDSS

1 Attachment(s)
I got the icon stage 3 lift and had it installed, but I was told that the rear sway bar hits the suspension (?) when it bottoms out (??)

The two mounts bolted on to the KDSS that hits the rear trac bar.. when I droop. So I am totally confused, does everyone else have this problem. Or did someone mess up on the install ? Sorry if this is patently stupid a question, but I figured asking can't hurt.

Warm Regards

Update : I called ICON and while they are looking into it, I wanted to see if anyone else maybe has a work around or knows something given my lack of comprehension of the subject matter.

brian0128 01-13-2015 07:48 PM

Sub'd.

sandcrawler 01-13-2015 08:30 PM

you sure it's a "Stage 3"? those look like the OEM lower links.

reluctantkarmi 01-13-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandcrawler (Post 1895534)
you sure it's a "Stage 3"? those look like the OEM lower links.

I got metal tech lower links, so I guess its not icons links per se. The rest was the following
Std travel front coil-over shock kit with 700lb springs
Rear 2.0 Aluminum Series Shock
Overland rear 3" lift rear coil springs &
Icon tubular Upper Control Arms

not sure if that helps...

Jeremy556 01-13-2015 09:44 PM

Are you sure it actually hits, or just get's really, really close? Mine looks like it is sitting on the bar at full droop, but there are no impact marks, and no nasty noises when catching a little air.

rochmpr 01-13-2015 10:19 PM

Yes, when I installed my lift and had everything dropped out, the panhard and sway bar were hitting, potentially limiting further travel. Will be looking into ditching the KDSS in the future. Damn, could have saved money had I known earlier.

reluctantkarmi 01-13-2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rochmpr (Post 1895659)
Yes, when I installed my lift and had everything dropped out, the panhard and sway bar were hitting, potentially limiting further travel. Will be looking into ditching the KDSS in the future. Damn, could have saved money had I known earlier.

@rochmpr : If I knew earlier, I would have possibly considered another lift <..not sure that would not have this problem either to be honest. > and I sure hope ICON does come out with a fix..

@Jeremy556 - Def has a loud clang when I hit a ditch at a higher speed.. not very pleasant :( I haven't done anything offroad yet, since I just got it 3 days ago..

rochmpr 01-13-2015 10:27 PM

If I would have known earlier, I would have saved $1700 on the KDSS. The plan was to run the lift.

Jeremy556 01-13-2015 10:27 PM

Might want to remove one shock and measure extended and compressed length, to make sure you didn't get long travel shocks.

The specs are probably around somewhere, but I have a spare set of Icon rear shocks on my bench and can measure if you need.

Mooney 01-13-2015 10:57 PM

Nothing hitting on mine, using ICON lowers.

harkco 01-13-2015 11:17 PM

Nothing hitting on mine either. Have been running Stage 2 with KDSS for the last 4 or 5 months.

sandcrawler 01-13-2015 11:54 PM

nothing making contact on mine with KDSS, ICON rear resi shocks & 2" coils, and OEM lower links.

reluctantkarmi 01-14-2015 12:44 AM

@jere emy556 : I'll call the shop and have them check. @Mooney @harkco @sandcrawler : Thats good to hear, maybe I just got unlucky.. I'll double triple check..!
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

E-ROCKER 01-14-2015 05:18 AM

When I installed my All Pro rear springs I messed with the suspension a little to see full droop on the rear kdss sway bar. I noticed when I lifted the rear end up by the bumper using a jack the panhard bar made contact with the sway bar.
I took notice because of the noise it was making.

st8rocks 01-14-2015 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harkco (Post 1895711)
Nothing hitting on mine either. Have been running Stage 2 with KDSS for the last 4 or 5 months.

Do you have extended travel front coils? These come with the stage 2. I was surprised the OP has stock travel front coils with a stage 3 kit.

@reluctantkarmi maybe it's because of the 3" Overland rear coils??