Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   MTgirl's build and adventure log (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/186765-mtgirls-build-adventure-log.html)

MTgirl 01-19-2015 10:22 PM

MTgirl's build and adventure log

Not sure how much "build" will be happening here - that all depends on funding - but I thought I'd try to keep track of things in one spot. This could very well end up being nothing but a collection of pictures of my Runner in awesome places across Montana.

My rig:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/member...ut-new-rig.jpg
2012 SR5, V6, bone stock, purchased 01/16/15

Short term plans:
- seatcovers - Precision Fit Covers - DONE!
- Weathertech mats DONE!
- locking storage bin for the rear (suggestions?)
- satoshi "homergrill"

Long term plans:
- roof rack - Thule crossbars for now. Maybe Santa will bring me a frontrunner slimline rack
- lift (~2")
- sliders

I'm sure the list will get modified as we go but for now I'm extremely happy with the rig as is. Only time will tell what "needs" to be done...as long as I can camp and explore I won't complain.

MTgirl 01-19-2015 10:26 PM

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...0.gif~original

Rorck 01-19-2015 10:57 PM

Good list! How are liking the new rig? At first I really missed my Tacoma but fell in love with the runner after a few wheeling trips.

Intruder 01-19-2015 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTgirl (Post 1901087)
This could very well end up being nothing but a collection of pictures of my Runner in awesome places across Montana.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. A few of us have threads that are pretty much entirely made up of posts like that. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTgirl (Post 1901087)
Long term plans:
- roof rack (the OEM will handle my CVT RTT for now)

Just a suggestion, but you may want to do a roof rack or aftermarket crossbars sooner than later. The OEM rack will handle the weight of your RTT at rest, but the dynamic load rating of the crossbars (130 lbs) is probably lower than the weight of your tent.

3wbdriver 01-19-2015 11:59 PM

Someone who shall remain nameless has an awesome picture thread of their adventures in Canada. I'd love to see some awesome pictures from Montana. It's one of the few states I haven't visited and always wanted to. :popcorn:

MTgirl 01-20-2015 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorck (Post 1901118)
Good list! How are liking the new rig? At first I really missed my Tacoma but fell in love with the runner after a few wheeling trips.

Loving it so far. I can see there may be times I miss my Taco but I was ready for something new. As long as this rig gets me to the places I love to camp I'll be a happy girl.
I took a quick run to Yellowstone yesterday and encountered rain, snow, slush and ice so I have a pretty good idea of how it handles, was pretty impressed. Got just a smidge over 23mpg too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intruder (Post 1901149)
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. A few of us have threads that are pretty much entirely made up of posts like that. :D

Just a suggestion, but you may want to do a roof rack or aftermarket crossbars sooner than later. The OEM rack will handle the weight of your RTT at rest, but the dynamic load rating of the crossbars (130 lbs) is probably lower than the weight of your tent.

Good to know we all get sidetracked.

I'd like a rack sooner but they're a little pricy so I'm keeping it on the long term wishlist for now, if I find a deal then I'll get one sooner. Got a little research to do too. With the factory rack I won't fit in my garage with the tent on - missed that by about an inch! I'd like to get something as low profile as possible. The rack says its rated for 135lbs and my tent is 120 lbs (CVT Bachelor) so I'm just under the limit there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3wbdriver (Post 1901167)
Someone who shall remain nameless has an awesome picture thread of their adventures in Canada. I'd love to see some awesome pictures from Montana. It's one of the few states I haven't visited and always wanted to. :popcorn:

You're gonna need a bigger bucket of popcorn...
Photography is a hobby of mine and one of the big reasons I camp and explore. There will certainly be lots of photos coming once camping season starts!

gm350reratliff 01-20-2015 12:26 AM

Congrats on the new ride and welcome. I recognize your name from TW.

brian0128 01-20-2015 08:49 AM

Subbed for the adventure log and pictures. I just sold my Tacoma as well and recently joined up here. I should do the same and start a thread of the adventures I go on since I don't plan on doing too many modifications but I do get to lots of cool places.

wanderMT 01-20-2015 11:10 AM

Hi MTgirl. Keep the pics coming - never tire of beautiful country.
Sounds like you might be in Bozeman area - if so, have you done business w/Ressler and how are they?

GSPRunner 01-20-2015 11:56 AM

Love Yellowstone and the Tetons. Love looking through your photo feed on TW. Family has a home in the Madison Valley, so I've spent a lot of time out there. Never gets old.

Whiplash Willy 01-20-2015 12:38 PM

Are you still running the stock Bridgestones/Dunlops? If so, what are your plans for tires.

MTgirl 01-20-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm350reratliff (Post 1901186)

What is this TW place you speak of? :spy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderMT (Post 1901405)
Hi MTgirl. Keep the pics coming - never tire of beautiful country.
Sounds like you might be in Bozeman area - if so, have you done business w/Ressler and how are they?

Yep and yep. I bought my Tacoma from them and my parents got their Tacoma and their Chevy truck there as well. Pretty good place, fairly knowledgeable folks. And they don't treat me like a lost child when I'm cruising the lot which is a huge plus. Only complaint is the prices. They tend to mark the used vehicles on the high end of the scale and they will not negotiate at all. Would have bought from them again though if they had what I wanted....instead I ended up at a Jeep dealer to buy my Runner.
Where in MT are you?
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSPRunner (Post 1901443)
Love Yellowstone and the Tetons. Love looking through your photo feed on TW. Family has a home in the Madison Valley, so I've spent a lot of time out there. Never gets old.

Ever get up into the Gravellies outside of Ennis? Love it up there, one of my favorite places to camp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiplash Willy (Post 1901478)
Are you still running the stock Bridgestones/Dunlops? If so, what are your plans for tires.

No, the PO had Hankook Dynapros on there. Still a decent amount of tread left so I'll probably try to get through the summer with them. Not sure whats next when they wear out. I like the look of the Grabber AT2's. But I was happy with the Big O AT's that I had on my truck. I was a little leary about buying an "off brand" but they held up really well. Those will be on my short list when it comes time to shop.

GSPRunner 01-20-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTgirl (Post 1901515)
Ever get up into the Gravellies outside of Ennis? Love it up there, one of my favorite places to camp.

A little bit. We are literally right there. It's beautiful out there, wish I could live there year round.

Mistaken 01-20-2015 02:17 PM

I sure do love MT! We make it over to Hamilton and also Kalispell every so often. Beautiful out there. :banana:

cjacob316 01-20-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm350reratliff (Post 1901186)

I knew the name was familiar, just couldn't remember if it was from TW or here.