Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Heartland (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/heartland/)
-   -   Iowa 4runners (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/heartland/201099-iowa-4runners.html)

yotaguy674 07-12-2015 10:22 PM

Iowa 4runners

I haven't seen any activity in this section. Was wondering how many of us there are and if there are ever any meets?

Post up!:yo:

Kanger328 08-20-2015 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotaguy674 (Post 2061403)
I haven't seen any activity in this section. Was wondering how many of us there are and if there are ever any meets?

I just moved to Des Moines from SoCal. Was hoping to find a wheeling group...but this section seems to be dead. :sobbing:

LC2013 08-22-2015 07:11 PM

Haha yea.....the Midwest for the most part is.....im out in omaha if you ever find yourself out this way. I grew up in SD and San Bernardino.... I miss the weather haha.

yotaguy674 09-02-2015 09:08 PM

Everyone seems to be spread out pretty far. I wish we could get a wheeling group together, but it almost seems impossible!

dbd6604 09-02-2015 09:54 PM

I'm in the Quad-Cities, on the Illinois side, right on the river. Currently rebuilding a '95 4x4 with a V6 and a manual trans. :D

wadle5 10-16-2015 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by yotaguy674 (Post 2061403)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanger328 (Post 2100542)
I just moved to Des Moines from SoCal. Was hoping to find a wheeling group...but this section seems to be dead. :sobbing:

Sorry I never saw this. But out of DM too @Kanger328 .
Where are you at @yotaguy674 .

I go wheeling with a few jeep groups and tacoma guys. Next time I do I will post in here. Seems like not a lot of modded guys running around in Iowa. The picture is about 45 mins from Des Moines around the Knoxville area.

yotaguy674 10-16-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadle5 (Post 2155734)

I go wheeling with a few jeep groups and tacoma guys. Next time I do I will post in here. Seems like not a lot of modded guys running around in Iowa. The picture is about 45 mins from Des Moines around the Knoxville area.

I'm up in Decorah. Pretty far but if there's ever any meets and stuff im sure I could make a trip.

Kanger328 10-20-2015 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadle5 (Post 2155734)

Awesome! Keep me posted!

yotaguy674 10-28-2015 08:06 PM

Keep us all posted!:snacker:

shallcallhimtim 11-21-2015 02:01 AM

Hey guys!
So I might be moving out to Des Moines in march! I got a job out there but ive never been in the area and don't really know anything about it. I figured yall would be the best guys to ask about things. What all is there to do? Im coming from east Idaho and I spend most of my winters skiing but seeing that Des Moines is super flat I don't see that working out.

wadle5 11-21-2015 01:48 PM

Welcome to the Midwest. I would agree nothing crazy for sking compared to out west. Unfortunately all we have is Sleepy Hollow for sking locally in DM. Congrats on the job, can I ask where at? Always up for meeting other 4runner owners.

krenaud33 11-22-2015 11:06 AM

I am here. I live in Des Moines area and get out wheeling about every couple months. Would like to get out more but usually have trouble finding someone to go with me. A few weeks ago I went to an event in Iowa to benefit the marine corps Toys 4 Tots program.

shallcallhimtim 11-22-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadle5 (Post 2188953)
Welcome to the Midwest. I would agree nothing crazy for sking compared to out west. Unfortunately all we have is Sleepy Hollow for sking locally in DM. Congrats on the job, can I ask where at? Always up for meeting other 4runner owners.

Yeah its with John Deere. Got hired as a welding engineer for them. As a single guy where would be a good place to look at for areas to live? Im always down for a good wheeling trip too!

wadle5 11-23-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shallcallhimtim (Post 2189789)
Yeah its with John Deere. Got hired as a welding engineer for them. As a single guy where would be a good place to look at for areas to live? Im always down for a good wheeling trip too!

Well either west glenn area by Jordan Creek mall, or the downtown/east village area. I know some buddies that enjoy the beaverdale area. The John Deere plant in Ankeny or are you at the corporate offices in Urbandale? Either way its all about 15-20 mins from downtown Des Moines. The one thing I love about this city is everything is about 15-maybe 30 mins away max.

shallcallhimtim 11-26-2015 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadle5 (Post 2190284)
Well either west glenn area by Jordan Creek mall, or the downtown/east village area. I know some buddies that enjoy the beaverdale area. The John Deere plant in Ankeny or are you at the corporate offices in Urbandale? Either way its all about 15-20 mins from downtown Des Moines. The one thing I love about this city is everything is about 15-maybe 30 mins away max.

I think it's going to Ankeny. They haven't told me absolute location yet but that's where I guess it would be. I'm not a big club or bar guy but any good gyms in the area would help hahaha.