Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2015 TRD Pro wheel VS 2015 Trail wheel question (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/204796-2015-trd-pro-wheel-vs-2015-trail-wheel-question.html)

Hybryd40 08-27-2015 03:57 PM

2015 TRD Pro wheel VS 2015 Trail wheel question

I have a 2015 Trail with the 17x7.5 wheels. I know the TRD Pro wheels are 17x7. What I cant find for sure is offsets and backspace between the two. My main goal is to get my tires and wheels to set out more. Thought about SpiderTrax spacers with my current wheels. But If the Pro wheel sticks out more then maybe I will just purchase those. Never have been a big fan of spacers. Thank you in advance

marshal 08-27-2015 04:08 PM

why arnt you a fan of spacers? did some retard tell you lies?

you won't be able to achieve your goals with factory wheels, especially not the Pros. find yourself a nice aftermarket wheel to lust after and get those. my favorite are Method's

J-Rock 08-27-2015 04:09 PM

Check the FN Pro X wheels 17x8 the look is similar except the center cap and TRD cap fits to. They have a nice off set you won't need spacers, and 8" is better IMHO. Call Dustin at FN Wheels great guy to do business with.

Wavesport 08-27-2015 04:21 PM

2nd that - he is a stand up good guy.

Range 08-27-2015 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybryd40 (Post 2107982)
I have a 2015 Trail with the 17x7.5 wheels. I know the TRD Pro wheels are 17x7. What I cant find for sure is offsets and backspace between the two. My main goal is to get my tires and wheels to set out more. Thought about SpiderTrax spacers with my current wheels. But If the Pro wheel sticks out more then maybe I will just purchase those. Never have been a big fan of spacers. Thank you in advance

What spacers did you have that weren't to your liking?

marshal 08-27-2015 04:24 PM

3rd that, I've never spoken to him or know who he is; but literally ever single modded 4Runner on this forum has FN wheels and a Gobi rack.

Mistaken 08-27-2015 04:25 PM

Just slap on some spacers and enjoy the new fitment.

BlacknTan 08-27-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshal (Post 2107996)
why arnt you a fan of spacers? did some retard tell you lies?

I'll make a long story short here ..

A very close, lifelong friend of mine has, what used to be termed, a mentally retarded granddaughter. A sweeter kid does not exist on this planet, and I couldn't imagine her ever telling a lie! That quality seems to exist only in the domain of "normal" people.

I wish "normal" people would engage their brains before running off at the mouth with hurtful comments. I know my buddy and his son would appreciate it also!

Who is the REAL "retard," as you so eloquently put it?

marshal 08-27-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknTan (Post 2108049)
I'll make a long story short here ..

A very close, lifelong friend of mine has, what used to be termed, a mentally retarded granddaughter. A sweeter kid does not exist on this planet, and I couldn't imagine her ever telling a lie! That quality seems to exist only in the domain of "normal" people.

I wish "normal" people would engage their brains before running off at the mouth with hurtful comments. I know my buddy and his son would appreciate it also!

Who is the REAL "retard," as you so eloquently put it?

I'm very sorry that she is disabled, and I'm sure she is a very sweet girl. but definitions change, a Fag used to be a cigarette, now its a its a homosexual person.

your friends daughter is Mentally disabled, not retarded. the real retard here is the person telling others that spacers are unsafe.

BowJanked 08-27-2015 04:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
my TEP with stock rims and 1.25" spacers for reference

marshal 08-27-2015 04:52 PM

@BowJanked you have one of my favorite trucks on the forum

BowJanked 08-27-2015 04:54 PM

thank you very much :)

Hybryd40 08-27-2015 07:51 PM

Thanks guys for the replies. I have no experience with spacers at all. I just figured it could potentially be a weak link so I thought I would avoid. Maybe they are fine. I'm in no hurry so I will look at all options. Thank you again

Bevo 08-27-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marshal (Post 2107996)

you won't be able to achieve your goals with factory wheels, especially not the Pros. find yourself a nice aftermarket wheel to lust after and get those. my favorite are Method's

Actually, I think the Pro wheels might stick out a little more than the trails. Probably not enough for what the OP is going for, but they did have to trim the Pro bumpers at port because of rubbing. I am assuming this was because of a difference in offset.

marshal 08-27-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bevo (Post 2108317)
Actually, I think the Pro wheels might stick out a little more than the trails. Probably not enough for what the OP is going for, but they did have to trim the Pro bumpers at port because of rubbing. I am assuming this was because of a difference in offset.

Not the increased tire diameter? Granted I don't know what the offset is with it being a narrower wheel.