Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2005 4Runner headlights to 2006 headlights (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/207299-2005-4runner-headlights-2006-headlights.html)

bizkd 10-06-2015 03:05 AM

2005 4Runner headlights to 2006 headlights

Hey,
I just recently bought the 2006 headlights and tail lights online for my 2005 4Runner. I switched the tail lights out easily but does anyone have a link with pictures how to change the headlights? There are screws on the top of the headlights that are easy to get to but how would I get to the ones underneath the headlights? Also for the blinker and daytime running light on the 2006 4Runner, is the cable able to be used on an 05? Because on my 2005 headlights there is just 1 light in the top corner of each headlight. I also have an HID Kit for the fog lights, low, and high beams. Do I need to order xenon HID for the 2006 headlights since it is the xenon type bulb? And finally I ordered the pice under the headlight so I'll switch that out in just mainly concerned how to take the old headlights out to put the new ones in, if the cord for the daytime running lights/blinker will work on the 2005 4Runner, and if I need xenon HIDs?

Thank you so much!

Krayziekid 10-06-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizkd (Post 2145528)
Hey,
I just recently bought the 2006 headlights and tail lights online for my 2005 4Runner. I switched the tail lights out easily but does anyone have a link with pictures how to change the headlights? There are screws on the top of the headlights that are easy to get to but how would I get to the ones underneath the headlights? Also for the blinker and daytime running light on the 2006 4Runner, is the cable able to be used on an 05? Because on my 2005 headlights there is just 1 light in the top corner of each headlight. I also have an HID Kit for the fog lights, low, and high beams. Do I need to order xenon HID for the 2006 headlights since it is the xenon type bulb? And finally I ordered the pice under the headlight so I'll switch that out in just mainly concerned how to take the old headlights out to put the new ones in, if the cord for the daytime running lights/blinker will work on the 2005 4Runner, and if I need xenon HIDs?

Thank you so much!

I don't know about the Xenon/HID stuff, but as for changing the headlight housings themselves, you can check the swap guide in my signature below. I tried to make it as easy as possible to follow. Hope this helps!