Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Radio Upgrades... Let see them. (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/214075-radio-upgrades-let-see-them.html)

4RunninMD 02-07-2016 03:20 PM

Radio Upgrades... Let see them.

Not sure if theres a thread for this but I'm in the market for a new headunit preferably a Double din touch screen. Ive been looking at Kenwood and Pioneer units. Really like the Pioneer AVH-X4700BS unit. I know whatever unit i decide to get is coming from Crutchfield for the simplicity of getting all the parts needed for the install in one order.

Sooo before I place this order I was wondering if I could see some pictures of upgraded headunits with info of what brand and unit you have installed. And if there is a thread for this please point me to it as i have searched multiple times for it. Thanks in advance fellow 4Runner enthusiasts.

NinjaOne 02-07-2016 04:03 PM

When I purchased mine it already had an upgraded one installed. I like it overall. Doesn't have Bluetooth but works great other than that.

Installed a Rockford Fosgate amp under the passenger seat and upgraded all the speakers and now it is even better.

AVH-100DVD
https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...47470543_o.jpg

Rocket61 02-07-2016 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pioneer avid 8100nex with capacitive touch screen

riceandpho 02-07-2016 04:27 PM

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
different from everyone here, since everyone here loves double din, but this is what i wanted and needed to replace the deh-p860mp model, has bluetooth and usb, but also the ability to do 3 wat active network crossovers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...c.jpg~original

4RunninMD 02-07-2016 04:59 PM

Im not against single din. But ive never had a double so i figure why not. Plus it fills the space. That Pioneer 8100nex is serious!

NinjaOne 02-07-2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riceandpho (Post 2260370)
Pioneer DEH-80PRS
different from everyone here, since everyone here loves double din, but this is what i wanted and needed to replace the deh-p860mp model, has bluetooth and usb, but also the ability to do 3 wat active network crossovers.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...c.jpg~original

How do you like the CarPlay feature? I've been tempted to upgrade at some point to give me the extra audio channels (full surround) and CarPlay for the maps app.

jonesmw10 02-07-2016 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ottonavi.. Can't find a model number lol... Overall good unit, plug and play. Bluetooth is... Meh on it.

riceandpho 02-07-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaOne (Post 2260409)
How do you like the CarPlay feature? I've been tempted to upgrade at some point to give me the extra audio channels (full surround) and CarPlay for the maps app.

dont know if my radio has support car play , i dont even have an iphone so i cant tell you. maybe you confuse my radio with a double din above.

054RNNRSE 02-07-2016 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few years ago I put a Sony XNV-660BT in that I got off eBay.
DVD/NAV/BT/USB/MP3/iPod

MikeyMike 02-07-2016 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pioneer 7100NEX with my original Urban Runner trim.

06forerunner 02-07-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesmw10 (Post 2260428)
Ottonavi.. Can't find a model number lol... Overall good unit, plug and play. Bluetooth is... Meh on it.

Could you describe a little more into the "bluetooth being meh..." Looking into this head unit. Love the looks and price and functions.

jonesmw10 02-07-2016 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 06forerunner (Post 2260601)
Could you describe a little more into the "bluetooth being meh..." Looking into this head unit. Love the looks and price and functions.

Maybe it's the cold weather, or just a bad head unit. Bluetooth has a tendency to disconnect randomly, especially when the gf is in the car (maybe her phone interferes with it??). I still have to call about it. Other than that, it's a good headunit. Easy install, comes with needed adapters to install. Steering wheel controls work with no modifications (you just program them on the headunit). Navi is a bit confusing at first, but still easy to learn.

Only complaint other than Bluetooth being flaky sometimes is that on mine, the Mic is built in (original unit I ordered was back ordered, so they sent a slightly different model after me oking it). It leads to the person on the other end having trouble hearing me sometimes.

NinjaOne 02-07-2016 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riceandpho (Post 2260551)
dont know if my radio has support car play , i dont even have an iphone so i cant tell you. maybe you confuse my radio with a double din above.

Dang, thanks. Meant to quote the one above :confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket61 (Post 2260352)
pioneer avid 8100nex with capacitive touch screen

How do you like CarPlay?

06forerunner 02-08-2016 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesmw10 (Post 2260630)
Maybe it's the cold weather, or just a bad head unit. Bluetooth has a tendency to disconnect randomly, especially when the gf is in the car (maybe her phone interferes with it??). I still have to call about it. Other than that, it's a good headunit. Easy install, comes with needed adapters to install. Steering wheel controls work with no modifications (you just program them on the headunit). Navi is a bit confusing at first, but still easy to learn.

Only complaint other than Bluetooth being flaky sometimes is that on mine, the Mic is built in (original unit I ordered was back ordered, so they sent a slightly different model after me oking it). It leads to the person on the other end having trouble hearing me sometimes.

Thanks for the reply. Looking into this primarily due to the plug and play and it's on sale.

riceandpho 02-08-2016 03:07 AM

for steering wheel controls, use the idatalink maesrtro, there are alot better then the metra.