Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off-Roading (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/)
-   -   06 Sport New lift/tires installed (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/21432-06-sport-new-lift-tires-installed.html)

mjos 08-03-2006 04:33 PM

06 Sport New lift/tires installed

I didn't care for the wallowy feeling of XREAS and so out it came.

For the front I installed Donahoes and Total Chaos Uppers.

For the rear OME 895's and OME shocks.

Tires are BFG 285/70-17 AT's on the stock wheels.

The install was very painless and everthing fit great. I set the front up to 3" after the pics to level it out and eliminate a slight plastic wheel-well rub. I had to remove the front mud flaps to eliminate the rub there too. The stock steps had to go too.

Next up, Sliders and ARB rear.

Mark

toybox 08-03-2006 04:38 PM

Re: 06 Sport New lift/tires installed

Quote:

Originally posted by mjos
I didn't care for the wallowy feeling of XREAS and so out it came.

Man if you think that the xreas was "wallowy" you would've hated the stock set up.

The truck looks sweet with the lift though.

MnRunr 08-03-2006 05:54 PM

Very nice!

Arb rear? showmeshowmeshowme-

4RunnerRon 08-03-2006 06:37 PM

Wow. Pretty much the same setup I would go with if I could commit to spending the cash on Donahoes. Very nice truck.

mjos 08-03-2006 07:01 PM

Another shot.

Falls 08-04-2006 12:19 AM

Awsome looking !!!

I would love to do that

wonder371 08-17-2006 05:06 PM

that looks amazing! Appox. how much? Any problems with it yet?

-Brendan

t-rex grrr 08-17-2006 08:16 PM

why did you get a different lift for the front than from the rear? and are the Total Chaos uppers necessary when you lift the front?

thanks

mjos 08-17-2006 09:56 PM

As of yet, Donahoe doesn't offer rear springs/shock. The OME's in the rear are a perfect match for the front Donahoes though.

wonder371 08-18-2006 02:44 PM

any rubbing? wobbles? sagging? other sketchy incidents with the kit?

Are you still running stock driveshafts? If so any hums? Are they pokeing out of the transfercase at all?

How many miles have you put in on the lift?

Ryanmb21 08-18-2006 05:11 PM

that looks great! if you don't mind me asking what do the total chaos arms cost?

ksneubec 08-18-2006 09:05 PM

Looks great, nice work!

mjos 08-20-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ryanmb21
that looks great! if you don't mind me asking what do the total chaos arms cost?
Bought them here:

Wheelersoffroad.com

mjos 08-20-2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wonder371
any rubbing? wobbles? sagging? other sketchy incidents with the kit?

Are you still running stock driveshafts? If so any hums? Are they pokeing out of the transfercase at all?

How many miles have you put in on the lift?

It drives as if it came that way from Toyota. No issues. Major improvement. Stock driveshafts, plenty of slip left at full stuff and droop. Go for it!

OUTRNNR 08-21-2006 04:43 PM

Looks good, I'm bummed I didn't get to see your rig when I picked up your tube steps. They fit perfect on my Runner, BTW. Funny how one man's trash is another man's treasure!!

I'm focusing more on performance right now than the lift. I'll get around to lifting eventually with bigger tires, but I don't do enough off-roading to warrant a lift, yet.:D