Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off-Roading (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/)
-   -   A little off-roading in Alabama (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/2147-little-off-roading-alabama.html)

momo.75 01-19-2004 12:13 AM

A little off-roading in Alabama

1 Attachment(s)
One of my friends has been working on his '86 4Runner and I finally got a chance to go out on a ride with him. The Bronco you will see is another friend that was with us. There were two groups in the ride, with about 18 vehicles total.

momo.75 01-19-2004 12:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is one bad 4Runner.

momo.75 01-19-2004 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This picture does this hill, no justice.

momo.75 01-19-2004 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A semi trail called The Rock Garden.

momo.75 01-19-2004 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a problem....

momo.75 01-19-2004 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice flex...........for a Bronco......That thing is mean.

momo.75 01-19-2004 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wish I could post some mpg's.

GatorGreg 01-19-2004 12:51 PM

That old red 4Runner looks great! Where was that trail?

momo.75 01-19-2004 01:04 PM

He bought it about 6 months ago and they have really worked on it. They moved the front axle foward about 8 inches and put longer leaf springs on it. He also modified the transfer case. He can actually take his foot off the gas and it will crawl up some things on it's own. it has a full cage, which we almost needed yesterday. That winch is a 1500 lb Warn Winch off a Suburban. I almost had him into trying to pull it up in a tree........i know that winch will do it on that truck.

The trails are in Gardendale, AL, just north of Birmingham they are maintained byt C.A.O.S. http://www.caos4x4.com/

momo.75 02-11-2004 04:10 PM

That would be interesting. After going on these trails, it is best to have some sliders and not be too concerned about body panels. There weren't too many pretty trucks out there.

ricnkc 02-11-2004 05:33 PM

sweet

now thats what i call some wheelin, looks like alot of fun.

momo.75 02-11-2004 05:47 PM

It was a great ride. There was another group that started out with us, but they took some easier trails. The way this area is laid out is pretty cool. There are always bypasses to some of the more techinical sections. I had an '83 SR5 with 38" Super Swampers on it years ago, and would have still be intimidated by some of the stuff they were doing. But then again, where I would go trail riding was very flat and mostly swampy. There were no rocks at all, so that was interesting doing some crawling.

waskillywabbit 02-11-2004 06:32 PM

You and Momo

Quote:

Originally posted by bamachem
wow. now we just need to get Brian out of his garage and see what he can do out there... lol
:xnuts:

Rome was not built in a day. When I get some sliders...I'll be there, as I know right where all those trails are as I used to live in Gardendale for two years. And when I do get some sliders, you had just better get out of my way you street queens! :p

:guitar2:

momo.75 02-11-2004 06:36 PM

Yep, mine is a street queen.I will love to see you out there with those guys. i think you will have a good time. I know they will have a good time with you.... :D

waskillywabbit 02-11-2004 06:40 PM

Oh yeah!

Quote:

Originally posted by momo.75
Yep, mine is a street queen.I will love to see you out there with those guys. i think you will have a good time. I know they will have a good time with you.... :D
I would love to be out there with those guys! Even if they did give me a hard time! My next door neighbor with a 85 Toy PU with 44s came over a couple Sundays ago and wanted me to go out and "play" with him. I was busy at the time, and quite tempted to go anyway, but I'm glad I didn't. I don't want to tear something up before I get some sliders on and just have to spend more money and postpone getting my ARB, roof rack, winch, etc.

I will probably join CAOS when I get my rig like I want it, at least so it is trailworthy. Only a few more things to do...

:guitar2: