Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   C4 Fabrication (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/c4-fabrication/)
-   -   C4 Fab 5th Gen Rock Sliders GB happening soon! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/c4-fabrication/217784-c4-fab-5th-gen-rock-sliders-gb-happening-soon.html)

C4 Fabrication 04-10-2016 03:05 PM

C4 Fab 5th Gen Rock Sliders GB happening soon!

Hey everyone, I have recently been asked if we will be opening up a GB for our rock sliders anytime soon. Here at the shop we have been focusing on building new products for the 2016 Tacoma. We will be wrapping up our time on that project in about 6 weeks or so.

I am getting this thread started just to give everyone a heads up that a GB will be happening soon for our sliders! I would say we will be opening it up for everyone to get on the list somewhere around the middle of May or so.

So for those of you who can wait another 6 weeks or so to order, you will be able to save on the GB! We will most likely do 10% off if 10 people sign up and 15% off if 15 people sign up. If we have an overwhelming response to the GB and get quite a ways beyond 15 orders, we may consider 20% off for everyone.

Again, THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL GB! This is more of a heads up that one will be happening soon so you guys can plan out your budgets accordingly! We would love to get feedback from you guys, so post up on here if you are interested in the GB, Thanks!

C4 Fabrication 04-10-2016 03:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is a link to our thread featuring our sliders. http://www.toyota-4runner.org/c4-fab...n-4runner.html

All of our sliders now use the remove-able step plates instead of welded on step plates.

C4 Fabrication 04-11-2016 06:36 PM

I know there are people interested in this, no response?

Ohio_Steve 04-11-2016 06:46 PM

That will be perfect timing! My new Trail Premium w/KDSS is on the boat, and should be in my drive by then. I don't mind buying a bunch of little stuff for it, and I have quite a pile started. But I have hesitated ordering sliders in case something falls through with my 4Runner order. This will work out great!

You might mention it in the 5th Gen forum to garner more interest. I just stumbled onto it here. [EDIT] Nevermind, I started one.

Thanks!
Steve

[EDIT] BTW, did you source the stainless Torx fasteners you were looking into?

DarthRaider 04-11-2016 07:01 PM

I'm interested in this GB. Thanks!

Cymon 04-11-2016 09:15 PM

Interested, still trying to get the "accountant" on board as we're also in the process of buying a house. Really going to come down to timing for me. If I can't get it now I will find a way to have these on my truck in the next year!

snapple13 04-11-2016 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4 Fabrication (Post 2328926)
I know there are people interested in this, no response?

maybe post this feeler in the actual group buy forum

lol

pinetar 04-11-2016 09:45 PM

Definitely interested and will be on that list for sure!

popey 04-12-2016 12:04 AM

I'm in for one. 2016 TRD PRO.

Hopefully these will have the new screws/hardware too?

Jaydub514 04-12-2016 03:05 AM

Definitely interested!

Freyer 04-12-2016 04:34 AM

I wish you made these for the 4th gen.

potts.mike 04-12-2016 11:48 AM

Any chance for a model that would fit a 2011?

C4 Fabrication 04-13-2016 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio_Steve (Post 2328941)
That will be perfect timing! My new Trail Premium w/KDSS is on the boat, and should be in my drive by then. I don't mind buying a bunch of little stuff for it, and I have quite a pile started. But I have hesitated ordering sliders in case something falls through with my 4Runner order. This will work out great!

You might mention it in the 5th Gen forum to garner more interest. I just stumbled onto it here. [EDIT] Nevermind, I started one.

Thanks!
Steve

[EDIT] BTW, did you source the stainless Torx fasteners you were looking into?

Excellent! Yes we did source Torx fasteners for the sliders, and that is what we will use from now on. The fasteners will not be stainless though. Stainless has a tendency to mar and clog threads when threading into mild steel. We don't want to have any issues with this when customers remove and re-install their steps after painting. So the hardware we use will be zinc coated steel.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthRaider (Post 2328959)
I'm interested in this GB. Thanks!

Great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cymon (Post 2329110)
Interested, still trying to get the "accountant" on board as we're also in the process of buying a house. Really going to come down to timing for me. If I can't get it now I will find a way to have these on my truck in the next year!

That sounds good, thanks for the update!

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapple13 (Post 2329114)
maybe post this feeler in the actual group buy forum

lol

Yeah I screwed up on that one. I thought I was in the GB area when I posted it. I will start one in there and link this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 2329154)
Definitely interested and will be on that list for sure!

That's great to hear, thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by popey (Post 2329318)
I'm in for one. 2016 TRD PRO.

Hopefully these will have the new screws/hardware too?

Excellent, yes new hardware will be used for the GB sliders

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydub514 (Post 2329420)
Definitely interested!

Good to hear

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freyer (Post 2329439)
I wish you made these for the 4th gen.

We will eventually, just haven't gotten one in the shop yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by potts.mike (Post 2329673)
Any chance for a model that would fit a 2011?

They may, depending on the model

Knight-Errant 04-13-2016 08:34 PM

I've been mulling over your sliders for some time, so I'd bite if there is a great discount :D

C4 Fabrication 04-13-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-Errant (Post 2331359)
I've been mulling over your sliders for some time, so I'd bite if there is a great discount :D

we will have to see how large the GB gets to find out the final discount!