Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Texas & Oklahoma (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/texas-and-oklahoma/)
-   -   Off-Roading Around Dallas (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/texas-and-oklahoma/218542-off-roading-around-dallas.html)

murderit 04-25-2016 02:36 AM

Off-Roading Around Dallas

4 Attachment(s)
I'm new to the area and got my suspension all hooked up. Any suggestions on some light off-roading near Dallas? Thanks!

Attachment 201587Attachment 201588Attachment 201589Attachment 201590

tx_shooter 04-26-2016 09:45 PM

That is a great looking 4R! Around Dallas your best bet is Gilmer and then Bridgeport. There is a big event at Gilmer in a few weeks called Jambo. I am going there with some friends; after that I will probably be going to Bridgeport a few weekends after that.

Hit me up when you want to wheel.

murderit 04-26-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx_shooter (Post 2343594)
That is a great looking 4R! Around Dallas your best bet is Gilmer and then Bridgeport. There is a big event at Gilmer in a few weeks called Jambo. I am going there with some friends; after that I will probably be going to Bridgeport a few weekends after that.

Hit me up when you want to wheel.

Appreciate it and sounds great. Thanks.

tx_shooter 04-26-2016 10:10 PM

I am looking to get a group of rigs down to Hidden Falls some time either early summer or into the Fall. It is a great park but a decent drive down there. I try to get a three day weekend put together and get the most out of it. Plus camping can be fun with a good group.

murderit 04-26-2016 10:12 PM

I'm new to everything so as long as you don't mind putting up with a newbie that sounds great.

'07 4Runner 4.0 4x4
K&N Cold Air Intake
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
Icon 2" Lift Kit
N-fab Nerf Bars
2015 TRD Rims with 31" Nitto Tires
Weathertech Floor Mats
JL Stealthbox 10" 500 Watt mdx Sub
Brush Guard with Rigid Light Bar
Cordura Ballistic Tactical Seat Covers
GOBI Stealth Rack (soon)

tx_shooter 04-26-2016 10:18 PM

New guys are fine. We can run you over to Bridgeport to get you and the rig broken in together. It is more than capable; a lot of it is just getting you used to how it feels in those situations.

yotantexas 04-26-2016 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murderit (Post 2343624)
I'm new to everything so as long as you don't mind putting up with a newbie that sounds great.

'07 4Runner 4.0 4x4
K&N Cold Air Intake
Icon 2" Lift Kit
N-fab Nerf Bars
Weathertech Floor Mats
GOBI Stealth Rack (soon)

Most people that run a grill guard like that and hit the trails take them off if they plan to go back. They get hung up a lot. Just keep that in mind. Try it out like it is and see what you need to change if anything

murderit 04-26-2016 11:15 PM

Thanks for the warning. It's taking the place of a new bumper while I save up the 3k.

'07 4Runner 4.0 4x4
K&N Cold Air Intake
Icon 2" Lift Kit
N-fab Nerf Bars
Weathertech Floor Mats
GOBI Stealth Rack (soon)

yotantexas 04-27-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murderit (Post 2343690)
Thanks for the warning. It's taking the place of a new bumper while I save up the 3k.

'07 4Runner 4.0 4x4
K&N Cold Air Intake
Icon 2" Lift Kit
N-fab Nerf Bars
Weathertech Floor Mats
GOBI Stealth Rack (soon)

$3K for a front bumper? That is how much a front and rear cost.

wellRed 05-10-2016 04:22 PM

new TEP in Allen

Just got mine in. I am excited to get it dirty. Still completely stock except for Yakima rack, haha.

Lukshannon 10-26-2016 05:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am in Arlington and know a few good places within 10 minutes of Dallas to have some fun.
Check out DFW Toyotas on facebook!

Nohawk 11-26-2016 04:48 PM

I'd like to know about some places 10min. from Dallas. I'm in East texas and there isn't anywhere but mud pits and Barnwell, wich is awesome but kind of expensive.

d_rosey44 12-22-2016 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nohawk (Post 2534807)
I'd like to know about some places 10min. from Dallas. I'm in East texas and there isn't anywhere but mud pits and Barnwell, wich is awesome but kind of expensive.

I've heard there's some good spots in Prosper...haven't had the time to check out trails up there, but when I do I'll letcha know.

roborob1969 01-04-2017 08:48 AM

Hi all! I'm not a newb to 4Runners, but am to 4wheelin. In the past, I've only had 2WD 4Runners, but just recently bought a new 2016 TEP and looking to do some light trails -- just to get a feel for 4WD. :)

I live in McKinney, so might try out Prosper first, if there are some novice trails there?

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/member...1-2016-tep.jpg

skydiver 06-13-2017 11:25 PM

I live up near Brand Rd and George Bush in the Garland area. I've seen some motorcycles heading down underneath the highway area in the highlighted part. Has anyone done any driving down there? Didn't think there was anything worth doing, but I'm looking at getting into the 4Runner game and it'd be close by. heh.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...j.jpg~original