Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off-Roading (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/)
-   -   Stubbs Welding is no longer (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-roading/21912-stubbs-welding-no-longer.html)

mjos 08-22-2006 12:40 PM

Stubbs Welding is no longer

I talked to Richard at Stubbs Welding and unfortunately he has shut down his business as of last weekend.

I was just about to order some sliders too. Now I need a new source. Crap.

vegask 08-22-2006 02:45 PM

Re: Re: Stubbs Welding is no longer

Quote:

Originally posted by No-IP.com
Thats a real shame to hear. Stubbs is a great guy.
That sucks. Stubbs made some good stuff and did not rape people on prices. Glad I got my sliders last year.

86Original 08-22-2006 04:19 PM

Others in the Biz

Try 4Crawler.com or Sonoran Steel or Shrockworks.

Actually, you're close enough to the 'Springs to use Armorology They do beautiful work from what I've seen. Haven't used their services, tho' cause they're just far away enough to make it pain to get down there.

Thai 08-22-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by No-IP.com
You'll find more 4wd tech on XXXXXX btw.
No-IP...you're taking advantage of my open policy on this forum. You are the admin of the other forum...you should know better. Respect the understanding between forums please. This is a piss-poor way to get members on your small forum. This is your last warning.

Thanks.

EDIT: No-IP.com has since deleted his posts in this thread on his own accord.

4RunnerRon 08-22-2006 06:51 PM

Re: Stubbs Welding is no longer

Quote:

Originally posted by mjos
I talked to Richard at Stubbs Welding and unfortunately he has shut down his business as of last weekend.

I was just about to order some sliders too. Now I need a new source. Crap.

Shrockworks is the only one (that I know of) that makes bolt on sliders to fit the 06. I would check with them.

mjos 08-22-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 4RunnerRon
Shrockworks is the only one (that I know of) that makes bolt on sliders to fit the 06. I would check with them.
$500 is way too spendy for sliders. Weld on would be fine too.

dsams 08-22-2006 10:12 PM

Richard shutting down is VERY unfortunate. I hope all is well with him and his family.

My uncle who owns a large metal products shop is powder coating my double kicks from Richard right now. He said that Richard's sliders were incredibly well made and very reasonably priced. He was very impressed with the welding technique.

Dan

trd2001 08-23-2006 02:37 PM

i had them installed in June. I wanted to get his transfer case skid plate also. I guess that not possable anymore.

cpayne5 08-24-2006 08:45 AM

Re: Re: Re: Stubbs Welding is no longer

Quote:

Originally posted by Thai
No-IP...you're taking advantage of my open policy on this forum. You are the admin of the other forum...you should know better. Respect the understanding between forums please. This is a piss-poor way to get members on your small forum. This is your last warning.

Thanks.

EDIT: No-IP.com has since deleted his posts in this thread on his own accord.

I don't see where he did anything to deserve a warning.

Thai 08-24-2006 08:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stubbs Welding is no longer

Quote:

Originally posted by cpayne5
I don't see where he did anything to deserve a warning.
He blatantly advertises another forum. My policy on this forum is very open as a courtesy to the members...anyone is allowed to put links of another forum's thread as a way to pass on specific information. However, i will not allow someone to come on here and either put down this forum/members or blatantly advertises another.

cpayne5 08-24-2006 08:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stubbs Welding is no longer

Quote:

He blatantly advertises another forum. My policy on this forum is very open as a courtesy to the members...anyone is allowed to put links of another forum's thread as a way to pass on specific information. However, i will not allow someone to come on here and either put down this forum/members or blatantly advertises another.
I understand, but you should add it to the rules if you expect to hold people to it.

Thai 08-24-2006 08:57 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stubbs Welding is no longer

Quote:

I understand, but you should add it to the rules if you expect to hold people to it.
That is why i have Rule 5.:) It's a common courtesy that i expect members to understand.

cpayne5 08-24-2006 09:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stubbs Welding is no longer

Quote:

That is why i have Rule 5.:) It's a common courtesy that i expect members to understand.
Number 5 reads like it is geared towards vendors. I guess you can say that "but is not limited to" covers it, but it just seems to that it shouldn't be a gray area.

Thai 08-24-2006 09:06 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stubbs Welding is no longer

Quote:

Number 5 reads like it is geared towards vendors. I guess you can say that "but is not limited to" covers it, but it just seems to that it shouldn't be a gray area.
Same difference. As i said, it's common courtesy.

05sport4x4 08-24-2006 04:20 PM

Re: Others in the Biz

Quote:

Originally posted by 86Original
Try 4Crawler.com or Sonoran Steel or Shrockworks.

Actually, you're close enough to the 'Springs to use Armorology They do beautiful work from what I've seen. Haven't used their services, tho' cause they're just far away enough to make it pain to get down there.

Most of the sliders that Sonoran Steel sells were made by Richard.