Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   Any of you nerds play computer games? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/227109-any-you-nerds-play-computer-games.html)

A.Wilson013 10-18-2016 06:42 PM

Any of you nerds play computer games?

I didn't search, and am not sorry if this has been brought up in the past.

Any of you guys gamers?

I am currently playing CS:GO messing around with some Diablo II for the sake of nostalgia.

Farmville, mafia wars, etc doesn't count.

stphnman20 10-18-2016 06:52 PM

Currently i'm playing Civ 5 and GTA San Andreas on my Mac. I used to play CS 1.6 all the time till I switched over to Mac.

Rowner 10-18-2016 06:56 PM

War Thunder, Red Orchestra 2, Farming Sim 15, Skyrim, BeamNG.drive to name a few. I've also played just about every MMORPG at some point in the past 10 years.

MN4runnerman 10-18-2016 07:06 PM

Civ 5(sometimes heavily modded), some telltale games, Empire Earth 1 & 2 plus their expansions. Age of empires 2 & 3 plus their expansions. L4d and L4d2. Shit ton of Pokémon(I own doubles of every game....sad I know). I sold my Xbox 360 and PS3 cuz I felt that the games were all mostly the same and you couldn't mod them which is why I play PC, and sometimes the good stuff on my GameCube and N64.

NinjaOne 10-18-2016 08:18 PM

Mostly CS:GO and Overwatch, occasionally TF2 or go old school with AOE 2 (I'd argue it is still the best RTS around)

Fomer_FJ_owner805 10-18-2016 08:31 PM

GTA V and NHL but buth on PS3, I do watch a lot of Twitch, Sour Koolade Show is a fun watch.

Morphyne 10-18-2016 08:39 PM

I've built an HTPC or two in my day. Fallout 3 and racing games mostly. But alas that is no more. My lat mac daddy has been relegated to the duties of tv dvr and nothing more.

MN4runnerman 10-18-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaOne (Post 2502637)
Mostly CS:GO and Overwatch, occasionally TF2 or go old school with AOE 2 (I'd argue it is still the best RTS around)

I'm with you AOE 2 is the best RTS even though it's almost 20 years old.

Dudebro 10-18-2016 08:51 PM

I'm a big fan of the immersive, wilderness environment of The Long Dark. It's a survival game/hiking simulator, rendered in a beautiful minimalist style.

Playing it makes you want to chop firewood, or brew some tea...atypical from my other favorites...Call of Duty and Forza!

BlackWorksInc 10-18-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudebro (Post 2502664)
I'm a big fan of the immersive, wilderness environment of The Long Dark. It's a survival game/hiking simulator, rendered in a beautiful minimalist style.

Playing it makes you want to chop firewood, or brew some tea...atypical from my other favorites...Call of Duty and Forza!

I like The Long Dark, it's really fun and the artwork/graphics fit the game really well. The only issue I have is the "survival" mode feels rather boring after many attempts without a real goal; can't wait for "Campaign" to be released. :)

I'm a varied PC gamer myself, love some of the Indy stuff (i.e. "The Fall", Ori and the Blind Forest, JazzPunk, Subnautica, ect.), but I'm pretty into other games as well. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Titanfall (got Titanfall 2 pre-ordered), Deus Ex, Fallout, Division, Dishonored ect.

My Steam and Origin Accounts are filled with many many games. lol

PC FOR LIFE! CONSOLES DROOL! :O

Road Bull 10-18-2016 09:39 PM

Mostly PC Battlefield 4. I haven't committed to BF1 yet. And I have yet to get into any phone games.

Bodie the Dog 10-18-2016 09:43 PM

Old School here

My kids want me to play DOTA, but I'm still with BF1942, GTA V, Rome Total War, Sins of a Solar Empire.

Best game of all time? Star Control 2, remade as The Ur Quan Masters. Coming out with a new version using an engine similar to Sins of a Solar Empire. Unreal Tournament is the runner up, mostly because of the number of mods and user-created addons.

I've found that playing games like GTA and Flatout do affect my driving style, lol.

Fomer_FJ_owner805 10-18-2016 09:50 PM

Oh I didnt know we were counting Phone games, Ive played clash of clans since release on the states but now just check in to fill troop requests but for a free game I got 3 years of play. Im now into Star Wars Heroes iOS. Just to hard to play pokemon go' and 4x4 at the same time.

theesotericone 10-18-2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackWorksInc (Post 2502680)
PC FOR LIFE! CONSOLES DROOL! :O

LMAO. I just got done building a "gaming rig". I have always been a console gamer. A hobby of mine is building Android ROMs. So I figured since my comp would have the processing power why not game on it? Water cooled i7 6700K at 4,8GHz. 16GB DDR4 manually clocked at 3000Mhz. GigaByte Gaming 7 mobo. GigaByte GTX 970(new cards released 3 months later:smashputer:). A 500GB SSD for Winblows and a 1TB SSD for Linux.

Stable and fast as hell. Passes Heaven, Valley and Prime95 with out even breaking a sweat. So after setting it all up and stressing it for a few days I got to play some games. Division. Tomb Raider and Xcom2. They all play great on max. Now, the funny part. I still prefer my PS4 for gaming. lol

MarkamisPrime 10-18-2016 10:06 PM

Xbox for life
Hahah
Sorry couldn't help myself