Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Road Warehouse (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-road-warehouse/)
-   -   OffRoadWarehouse & Bilstein 5100's 2010-2016 4Runners (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-road-warehouse/229268-offroadwarehouse-bilstein-5100s-2010-2016-4runners.html)

OffRoadWarehouse 11-30-2016 02:57 PM

OffRoadWarehouse & Bilstein 5100's 2010-2016 4Runners
 
Bilstein 5100's 0-2.5" lift & Improve your ride!!


***Will Fit 2010+***

Let's face it, We buy our 4Runners and hope that it will handle like a dream, Sadly, it doesn't.. It nose dives while braking, feels like it wants to roll over in mid turn, it bounces all over the road. Adding Bilsteins is an affordable option compared to "lift kits" it levels out your 4Runner giving you a better look without the aid of 2" spacer kits. Bilstein shocks dramatically improve the look of the 4runner and gives you back what you deserved! ~A BETTER RIDE!! Feel at ease that your truck doesn't nose dive while braking, feel confident taking that turn faster and safer. You can also add a bigger tire size for that lifted look. You don't have to spend LOTS of money to achieve this look.


Front Bilsteins #24-196499

http://cart.bilsteinus.com/images/pr...1.jpg~original

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p...v.jpg~original



Rear Bilstein 5100's #33-187174


Crafted specifically for lifted trucks, SUVs and Jeeps, your Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks & Struts deliver superior control, handling and comfort. Their super damping ability makes Bilstein adjustable shocks ideal for heavy hauling and off-roading in comfort.

Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks & struts boast a mono-tube design that instantaneously adjusts to the road surface for a smooth and quiet ride. The large-diameter shock body delivers fade-free performance, while the multi-layer zinc finish ensures your shocks last for the long haul.

Your Bilstein 5100ís are engineered for an array of specific vehicle and lift combinations so youíre sure to get dialed-in precision. Easy bolt-on installation and a Lifetime Limited Warranty make your Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks & Struts a must-have mod.


We Made it easier for you to shop


NO PromoCode Needed
$380.00/SHIPPED!!



Fits:
2010-2017 Toyota 4Runner
2010-2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser

.

JT_SHARK 11-30-2016 03:28 PM

Would that be the total price? Would this also be compatible with my 2WD?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OffRoadWarehouse 11-30-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT_SHARK (Post 2538599)
Would that be the total price? Would this also be compatible with my 2WD?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$380.00/SHIPPED + CA tax & YES compatible with Both 4x2 & 4x4.

JT_SHARK 11-30-2016 04:54 PM

Any coils required with this mod?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OffRoadWarehouse 11-30-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT_SHARK (Post 2538658)
Any coils required with this mod?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You re-use your factory Coils and top upper strut mount. There's no need to install after market springs with stiffer spring rate or taller. $ave your money!

These 5100's are one of the BEST BANG for your BUCK!!

OffRoadWarehouse 11-30-2016 08:33 PM

FYI, I have PLENTY of front available and 3 sets for REARS. Rears are on Nationwide Backorder.

JT_SHARK 11-30-2016 08:43 PM

Have any set for a 3rd Gen? [emoji28]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcsaysngo 11-30-2016 08:52 PM

seems like a good deal; curious to see how it looks. any photos of rigs with this setup installed?

OffRoadWarehouse 12-01-2016 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT_SHARK (Post 2538868)
Have any set for a 3rd Gen? [emoji28]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Created a new page just for Bilstein 5100's 3rd Gen. 4Runners

OffRoadWarehouse 12-01-2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcsaysngo (Post 2538874)
seems like a good deal; curious to see how it looks. any photos of rigs with this setup installed?

I don't have any pics but there are alot floating on the web or here on the forum with these installed. I don't have permission to post any users rides otherwise i would. Let me know if i can help! Thanks!! btw, Bilsteins is a GREAT alternative to spacers.

pipo6007 12-01-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffRoadWarehouse (Post 2538662)
You re-use your factory Coils and top upper strut mount. There's no need to install after market springs with stiffer spring rate or taller. $ave your money!

These 5100's are one of the BEST BANG for your BUCK!!

I have my original shocks and springs with 158K miles. The only thing I did was add the 2.5/1.5 Daystar spacer lift. Would I sit the same if I remove the Daystar and add the 5100's only? Or will I lose or gain height all around? Also if I choose to add a front or rear steel bumper would I need to swap out the shocks again? And what is the largest tire combo I can it without maxing out the shocks adjustable height? I plan on getting new rims and tires next year. Thanks!

OffRoadWarehouse 12-01-2016 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipo6007 (Post 2539394)
I have my original shocks and springs with 158K miles. The only thing I did was add the 2.5/1.5 Daystar spacer lift. Would I sit the same if I remove the Daystar and add the 5100's only? Or will I lose or gain height all around? Also if I choose to add a front or rear steel bumper would I need to swap out the shocks again? And what is the largest tire combo I can it without maxing out the shocks adjustable height? I plan on getting new rims and tires next year. Thanks!


The 5100's are good for 0-2.5" for the front. You should be able to install on the top clip for 2.5". What you will gain is BETTER ride control as the stock shocks are weak from the factory. With that many miles and bigger tires it puts more strain on the shocks. The 5100's are valved and up to the challenge for the taller stance and tires. The Bilstein 5100's are also designed to give you the stance (leveled) look. However, when increase weight like a steel bumper may require you to jump up to 2.5" Coilovers and if adding a winch you can opt to a stiffer spring rate. We offer other brand of Coilovers.

Take a look at this... it's a GOOD write up!!

Simple Facts:
Why Bilstein 5100 Series Leveling Shocks are far superior to coilover spacer kits



Bilstein Rear shocks should be okay with the Spacer kit..


If you DO plan on adding a Bumper / Winch combo you CAN upgrade to a 2.5" Coilover with Extended Travel and Upper Control Arm. Contact me for options!

OffRoadWarehouse 12-01-2016 01:16 PM

.






.

pipo6007 12-01-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffRoadWarehouse (Post 2539422)
The 5100's are good for 0-2.5" for the front. You should be able to install on the top clip for 2.5". What you will gain is BETTER ride control as the stock shocks are weak from the factory. With that many miles and bigger tires it puts more strain on the shocks. The 5100's are valved and up to the challenge for the taller stance and tires. The Bilstein 5100's are also designed to give you the stance (leveled) look. However, when increase weight like a steel bumper may require you to jump up to 2.5" Coilovers and if adding a winch you can opt to a stiffer spring rate. We offer other brand of Coilovers.

Take a look at this... it's a GOOD write up!!

Simple Facts:
Why Bilstein 5100 Series Leveling Shocks are far superior to coilover spacer kits



Bilstein Rear shocks should be okay with the Spacer kit..


If you DO plan on adding a Bumper / Winch combo you CAN upgrade to a 2.5" Coilover with Extended Travel and Upper Control Arm. Contact me for options!

If I were to load the front shock on the top clip would that stiffen the ride more than on a lower clip? Are they made to run on the highest level all the time? If I add rear FJ coils along with the 5100's does that improve anything such ride and lift height? I'm trying to be at 3" lift total if possible.

OffRoadWarehouse 12-01-2016 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipo6007 (Post 2539446)
If I were to load the front shock on the top clip would that stiffen the ride more than on a lower clip? Are they made to run on the highest level all the time? If I add rear FJ coils along with the 5100's does that improve anything such ride and lift height? I'm trying to be at 3" lift total if possible.

These shocks are LONGER than OEM to accommodate a 2.5" lift. Reason WHY bilstein stops at 2.5" to ensure that your drive line, upper and lower ball joints are not affected and do not prematurely wear out quicker than they should. Internal valving is made to match the OEM spring rate and length. Some guys have tested out other springs like aftermarket with stiffer spring rate or taller in length but you have to remember that you only have useable space. Taller Coils set at the 0" setting will make up the difference than the OEM Springs @ 2.5" (top setting). Taller springs MAY have the same spring rate not necessarily called an upgrade. Some install a spacer ontop of the Bilsteins but then you'll run into maxing out your ball joint in the UCA and possibly hitting the coil bucket with the upper arm. Before you spend more money on buying other coils rather than use OEM. Money is better spent on getting a Coilover like ICON, KING or FOX because they are designed for taller than 2.5" with extended travel & an aftermarket upper control arm.

Bilstein 5100's for the rear are good for 0-1.5", But def. Over 2" you will need another shock.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.