Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Aftermarket seats (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/232856-aftermarket-seats.html)

4wd4runner 02-07-2017 12:35 AM

Aftermarket seats

So I am just one of many 3rd gen 4runner guys who has torn leather seats and am wanting to upgrade them. I have been looking and am really interested in Corbeau A4. Does anyone have any experience with this seat? Does the bolstering interfere with anything?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jstim 02-07-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4wd4runner (Post 2603285)
So I am just one of many 3rd gen 4runner guys who has torn leather seats and am wanting to upgrade them. I have been looking and am really interested in Corbeau A4. Does anyone have any experience with this seat? Does the bolstering interfere with anything?

I want to say I have seen these seats in someone's rig....just can't remember who off the top of my head.

4wd4runner 02-09-2017 11:47 PM

Also I wanted to know if the actual seating position is much different than the stock 4runner seat since I am wanting to get the sliders but am worried about the height difference and how far back the seat goes.
I fit with the stock seat all the way back and the height right now is probably as high as I would like to go

turbo8 02-10-2017 02:43 AM

I have some Corbeau sport seats, I'm pretty disappointed in the quality, they already split in some places on the seams. The brackets from theM are cheaply made, I'm actually a little concerned about the strength of them during a crash.

They are comfortable though, wish I got the optional air bolsters though.

Colorado buff 02-10-2017 09:02 AM

Depending on your budget, why don't you get them reupholstered with new foam? If it's a daily driver it will be worth it in the end!

MStudt 02-10-2017 09:43 AM

I had Corbeau in my Jeep, and like another said the quality wasn't the best. The comfort was there, but not worth the price tag on them.

Look into Summit Racing's sport seats. Last I checked they were about $150 per seat, and they're pretty nice. Another option would be Procar seats, and I have 2 in-laws that use them.