Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   InfamousRNR's 2000 Limited BU!LD THREAD (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/246906-infamousrnrs-2000-limited-bu-ld-thread.html)

infamousRNR 11-16-2017 03:33 PM

InfamousRNR's 2000 Limited BU!LD THREAD

4 Attachment(s)
Year: 2000
Make: Toyota
Model: 4Runner Limited
Color: Black Exterior/Taupe Cladding/Tan Leather Interior
Engine: 5VZ-FE Engine 3.4L V6 4wd with factory e-locker
Purchased: October 2017 w/ 189k miles from a Co-worker

Attachment 275158

Attachment 275159

Attachment 275160

infamousRNR 11-16-2017 03:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This thing was DIRTY & needed some TLC & since i've been hoarding 3rd gen 4runner parts i was actually able to use some... i had a steering wheel, stereo surround, rear cargo cover to throw in right away...

Attachment 275161

Attachment 275162

Attachment 275163

infamousRNR 11-16-2017 03:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A little cleaning later on the drivers side.

Attachment 275164

New steering wheel

Attachment 275165

The Devil is in the Details

Attachment 275166

infamousRNR 11-16-2017 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The worst part about this rig is the ignition cylinder....

previous owner had to drill it out days before I picked it up from him since the key had broken quite some time ago & he was holding the transponder portion of the key near the ignition to start it....

Now i start it with a flat head screw driver & hold the transponder portion of the key close to the illuminated ring to start it....

Attachment 275168

infamousRNR 11-16-2017 03:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This rig has minor blemishes on the paint, some sap that has dried to a cement type texture & a big ol' scuff from hitting the center divide on highway 17...

could be in better shape but overall I will be less concerned about pin-stripes & such when i finally get this one ready to wheel...

What was funny was when i got it the passengers side mirror was literally about to fall off & was flapping in the wind on the freeway.. when i went to tighten it there was literally one thread on each of the 3 bolts holding it on...

Attachment 275169

Drivers seat was pretty torn up as well which is common for a lot of us with the leather in our rigs....

Attachment 275170

puttster 11-16-2017 07:10 PM

Excited to see where this one goes

infamousRNR 11-16-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puttster (Post 2845250)
Excited to see where this one goes

You & me both brother.. I'm digging your build as well & I'm sincerely disturbed by the accident you had to endure on your pristine baby you just got!!! But it looks like you will have an even better fender set up.....

I hit you up on instagram but what are you doing with your passenger side fender?... can I buy it off you?....

JerkyDrewster 11-16-2017 10:18 PM

Here we go again! Stoked for you dude.

puttster 11-16-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infamousRNR (Post 2845345)
You & me both brother.. I'm digging your build as well & I'm sincerely disturbed by the accident you had to endure on your pristine baby you just got!!! But it looks like you will have an even better fender set up.....

I hit you up on instagram but what are you doing with your passenger side fender?... can I buy it off you?....

Yeah sorry I completely forgot to respond. You can definitely buy it, pm me for info.

Bandit Runner 11-16-2017 10:40 PM

Where did you get the devil emblem?

fourfive 11-16-2017 10:50 PM

Very nice. You keeping this for a daily or are you gonna build it up?

Topgun15v 11-16-2017 10:58 PM

Looks like a solid platform. Only thing that would concern me to fix asap is the key issues. I had something similar in a way, where the po had lost the keys had new keys made, but ripped out the entire security system. Then it had this funny thing where if you tripped the "alarm" it would lock the ignition. I found a way to remove all the wires almost back to stock, just trying to figure out how to get a wireless keyfob to open the doors now. May just have to take it in to Toyota.. Anyways, keep us posted on the progress and pics!

infamousRNR 11-17-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topgun15v (Post 2845393)
Looks like a solid platform. Only thing that would concern me to fix asap is the key issues. I had something similar in a way, where the po had lost the keys had new keys made, but ripped out the entire security system. Then it had this funny thing where if you tripped the "alarm" it would lock the ignition. I found a way to remove all the wires almost back to stock, just trying to figure out how to get a wireless keyfob to open the doors now. May just have to take it in to Toyota.. Anyways, keep us posted on the progress and pics!

yeah i agree i gotta address the key situation immediately... another member on here that lives locally already sold me an ignition cylinder he had... then i will hopefully have more input from members here on how to program a chip key with said new ignition... technically i have a chip key but its broken in 1/2... i will report back after i cut a transponder key & attempt to program it myself like i did with an eBay chip key i got for my thundercloud 4runner... the only thing I'm really bummed about is that i will have a different key for the locks & another key for the ignition.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfive (Post 2845386)
Very nice. You keeping this for a daily or are you gonna build it up?

definitely got this one to keep the mile off my main bae but we all know i won't be able to keep this one stock & because of its exterior condition i won't be afraid to drive this one along a shrub or bush... pinstripes galore! & with the factory e-locker, you know she wants to get out there & play...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerkyDrewster (Post 2845372)
Here we go again! Stoked for you dude.

Lol... my GF, parents & close friends are convinced i have a problem... & they are right! haha. this one will be a tribute to your oldie but goodie buddy. RIP lil 8lackie....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit Runner (Post 2845384)
Where did you get the devil emblem?

Custom Emblems

Kotrin 11-17-2017 12:31 AM

Looking forward to this build :) I'm paranoid on my 4Runner being stolen so I triple check it's locked, alarmed, clubbed and security camera's...

Subscribed!

infamousRNR 11-17-2017 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotrin (Post 2845462)
Looking forward to this build :) I'm paranoid on my 4Runner being stolen so I triple check it's locked, alarmed, clubbed and security camera's...

Subscribed!

thanks for stopping by my dude! I sincerely hope everything in your world gets you back behind the wheel on a bigger & better build consider the cards you've been dealt... with that said, its pretty hard for someone to steal this truck as its hard enough for me to start it! because the ignition is stuck in ACC i have to disconnect the battery every time i park it. right now its at my moms house taking up space (she is not happy about it). but once i get the key thing sorted out i will actually be able to lock it! haha