Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   C4 Fabrication 5thGen Rear Bumper (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/255023-c4-fabrication-5thgen-rear-bumper.html)

TEAM_4RUNNER 05-01-2018 03:07 PM

C4 Fabrication 5thGen Rear Bumper

Hey folks! I am @team4rpro on Instagram and our team runs @Team4runner ,

We were just at C4 Fabrication HQ installing their new rear bumper! To say the least we are stoked. It's set to launch this summer 2018!

Here is what I know:

- Full replacement, no cutting
- Swing arm option with add ons like jerry can holder, spare tire, hi lift, shovel, camp table etc
- double locking swing arm latch (super clean)
- high cearance
- swing arm is strong and has minimum to no wiggle while off road or high way (this was a huge plus for us)
- modular
- carriage bolts to maximum clearance
- added support, protection and built in support brackets

this is the strongest and cleanest rear bumper we have seen yet. our rig @team4rpro on Instagram will be at Texas Jambo this May to release it!

any questions please comment, whos pumped?!

C4 Fab IG: Click Here
C4 Fab Site: Click Here

http://team4runner.com/wp-content/up...4rpro-4-c4.jpg
http://team4runner.com/wp-content/up...4rpro-5-c4.jpg
http://team4runner.com/wp-content/up...4rpro-6-c4.jpg

More pics to come!

MRKNJS 05-01-2018 03:12 PM

it's absolutely gorgeous! what's the weight like?

Crikeymike 05-01-2018 03:28 PM

I'll be looking forward to seeing it in Texas this weekend!!

HeartGuy 05-01-2018 03:53 PM

Very interesting! I like it. I second the weight question. I would like to see someone grab it and shake it at the swing arm. I'm not a huge fan of the hinge design.

C4 Fabrication 05-01-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRKNJS (Post 2972394)
it's absolutely gorgeous! what's the weight like?

Thanks! Bumper is 170lbs, swing arm is 80lbs with tire carrier and camp table.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobinsons Mike (Post 2972406)
I'll be looking forward to seeing it in Texas this weekend!!

Let us know your thoughts after you check it out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartGuy (Post 2972426)
Very interesting! I like it. I second the weight question. I would like to see someone grab it and shake it at the swing arm. I'm not a huge fan of the hinge design.

Thanks! The hinge is very substantial and so is the latching system we came up with. The hinge uses sealed bearings and has a locking pin to hold the gate open in two positions. The latch is very solid and the lever puts a good amount of pressure on the hitch pin to minimize swing arm wiggle. The bumper itself also attaches in more places than others on the market and has more structural bracing inside to help minimize bumper twist that is caused by a fully loaded swing arm.
We did a "shake test" with our swing arm compared to one of the other top selling brands and ours is substantially more stable and wiggle free. We will be putting together a comparison video.

Big Daddy K 05-01-2018 06:43 PM

Any thoughts of a dual swing out?

Will you have any on display at Expo West?

Spinnukur 05-01-2018 07:32 PM

Looks awesome.

Were you able to incorporate the backup camera somewhere? And what's the price point going to be (if you don't mind)?

robkh1984 05-01-2018 09:20 PM

Super clean! Great job, guys!!!

Any pre-orders or discounted group buys?

Aluminium or steel?

Assume the lead time is 6-8 weeks?

AZ_TRD 05-02-2018 10:06 AM

Nice!!

Travelin 05-03-2018 09:21 AM

Very promising. Awaiting further details.

e60ral 05-03-2018 10:06 AM

it looks like it follows the factory lines, how much higher is the clearance?

chmura 05-03-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4 Fabrication (Post 2972510)
Thanks! Bumper is 170lbs, swing arm is 80lbs with tire carrier and camp table.

Let us know your thoughts after you check it out!

Thanks! The hinge is very substantial and so is the latching system we came up with. The hinge uses sealed bearings and has a locking pin to hold the gate open in two positions. The latch is very solid and the lever puts a good amount of pressure on the hitch pin to minimize swing arm wiggle. The bumper itself also attaches in more places than others on the market and has more structural bracing inside to help minimize bumper twist that is caused by a fully loaded swing arm.
We did a "shake test" with our swing arm compared to one of the other top selling brands and ours is substantially more stable and wiggle free. We will be putting together a comparison video.

I am glad to hear that your design has less or no wiggle than other manufacturers. Wiggle IMO is not a good this and overtime this wiggle will cause a structure failure somewhere on the rear bumper (I've seen it first hand either it be a tear in the steel or cracks in the welds).

When is the dual swing out version coming?

I still do not know why single swing arms are being made. There are so many pros going with dual swing out vs a single.

With a dual swing out you can spread out the loads over two spindles, have more controlled opening, open easier in tight spaces, close easier.

Overall nice looking bumper and cannot wait to see the dual swing out version!

When will you guys be making a 2nd gen Tacoma high clearance rear bumper? You guys been making some amazing stuff lately. Keep up the good work!

MaddoxPics 05-03-2018 12:28 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...akemymoney.jpg

C4 Fabrication 05-03-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy K (Post 2972574)
Any thoughts of a dual swing out?

Will you have any on display at Expo West?

We have no plans to offer a dual swing. Yes it will be at Expo West.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinnukur (Post 2972607)
Looks awesome.

Were you able to incorporate the backup camera somewhere? And what's the price point going to be (if you don't mind)?

Thanks! Yes we are working on a reverse camera relocation kit right now that will move the camera to the swing arm.
Quote:

Originally Posted by robkh1984 (Post 2972678)
Super clean! Great job, guys!!!

Any pre-orders or discounted group buys?

Aluminium or steel?

Assume the lead time is 6-8 weeks?

Thanks! We will most likely offer a pre-order, probably no group buy.
Bumper will be made from steel only. Lead time may be more than 6-8 weeks, we really cant tell right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ_TRD (Post 2972909)
Nice!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by e60ral (Post 2973674)
it looks like it follows the factory lines, how much higher is the clearance?

It does follow the lines very nicely. As for exactly how much higher the clearance is, its really hard to measure that. The shape of the bumper around the bottom rear and corners pretty much follows the frame as tightly as possible. The factory bumper follows the frame pretty close as well, but ours is definitely higher than the original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chmura (Post 2973677)
I am glad to hear that your design has less or no wiggle than other manufacturers. Wiggle IMO is not a good this and overtime this wiggle will cause a structure failure somewhere on the rear bumper (I've seen it first hand either it be a tear in the steel or cracks in the welds).

When is the dual swing out version coming?

I still do not know why single swing arms are being made. There are so many pros going with dual swing out vs a single.

With a dual swing out you can spread out the loads over two spindles, have more controlled opening, open easier in tight spaces, close easier.

Overall nice looking bumper and cannot wait to see the dual swing out version!

When will you guys be making a 2nd gen Tacoma high clearance rear bumper? You guys been making some amazing stuff lately. Keep up the good work!

We do not plan to offer a dual swing. There are many pros and cons to either single or dual and the argument can for either can go on and on. We decided we wanted to build it as a single swing.
Its unlikely that we will ever offer a 2nd gen Tacoma HC rear. We are mostly sticking to the newer generations as far as new products are concerned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaddoxPics (Post 2973760)

We would be happy too! :nod:

FreshYoungDude 05-03-2018 11:33 PM

UGH! Really love this. I had no plans to do a rear bumper but now I'm thinking otherwise. Can't wait to get my C4 slimline! You guys make great stuff.