Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Accessorides (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/accessorides/)
-   -   5th Gen Remote Start Options (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/accessorides/258607-5th-gen-remote-start-options.html)

Accessorides 06-18-2018 09:49 PM

5th Gen Remote Start Options

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. We have both the push start & key start 5th gen models covered for remote start. Whether you want to start from your OEM key (press lock 3 times) or need more range we got you covered. These kits are PLUG & PLAY and require no wire splicing, cutting, etc. We have the ONLY kit available for the G-key 4Runner that is full plug & play. Install is simple. Programming is simple. No dealer visit or special scantool necessary.

Use discount code "4RUNNER" on the site (expires July 3rd) at checkout and you'll score another $15 off your total! Both kits pictured below let us know if you have any questions!
:party:

Ken18Limited 06-21-2018 02:28 PM

Just Installed

I just installed this on my '18 Limited. Was super easy to install, plug-n-play as advertised. Only suggestion is to include some pics with the instructions to clearly point out where the plugs go. I took me about 20 mins. to install mainly because I was fussing with the hood release cable. Will report back if there are any long-term issues but so far, works as advertised and shipped really quick on the East Coast.

NetsRunner 06-23-2018 04:34 AM

Does the car stay on even after you open the door or does it shut off?

Accessorides 06-23-2018 10:04 AM

Hey Ken. Glad to hear you got it up and running so fast! Thanks for the suggestions we will revise the guide and add some pics to make it that much easier. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Netsrunner - On the push to start models the vehicle will shutoff when you open the door. Unfortunately that happens with any system out there for the push start Toyota/Lexus. For the key start models, you still have normal takeover to get in and drive.

NetsRunner 06-23-2018 10:24 AM

What’s normal takeover and drive? Does that mean the car will stay on when I open the door and all I have to do is insert the key and turn it and go?

Accessorides 06-23-2018 10:28 AM

Yep exactly!

For normal key start models:

Unlock, open the door, insert the key and turn it to the ON position (no need to crank since its already running), press the brake and you are ready to drive.

For push to start models:

Unlock, open door, vehicle shuts off. Restart and go.

NetsRunner 06-23-2018 10:38 AM

Thanks for clarifying it. I’ll order my kit sometime this week. Hopefully it will have the new instructions with photos.

Tuc4R 06-25-2018 10:57 AM

Almost bought the 12volt solution model, until a very nice member pointed me to this one. Just bought mine.

Thanks,

Carrera717 08-30-2018 01:01 PM

Discount code

Is there still a discount code for the remote start ?
Thanks

Accessorides 09-05-2018 11:21 PM

Hello. Absolutely discount code "4RUNNER" will get you $18.50 off your order! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Carrera717 09-08-2018 03:53 PM

Thanks...just ordered it !!!

JAXJeremy 09-08-2018 04:12 PM

Am I missing something? where's the link to the site?

never mind..found it..this will be great in Florida..get the AC going before I get in..

Bugser 10-02-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accessorides (Post 3009205)
Hey guys. We have both the push start & key start 5th gen models covered for remote start. Whether you want to start from your OEM key (press lock 3 times) or need more range we got you covered. These kits are PLUG & PLAY and require no wire splicing, cutting, etc. We have the ONLY kit available for the G-key 4Runner that is full plug & play. Install is simple. Programming is simple. No dealer visit or special scantool necessary.

Use discount code "4RUNNER" on the site (expires July 3rd) at checkout and you'll score another $15 off your total! Both kits pictured below let us know if you have any questions!
:party:

Sorry, I'd like to order this but cannot find the web address....sorry

JAXJeremy 10-02-2018 10:44 AM

https://accessorides.com

Billyjk7 10-05-2018 01:02 PM

Just installed the G key kit yesterday. Fast delivery and well.packaged. Unfortunately due to poorly seated connections in the BCM connector in the harness, it took me way too long to install. Lots of wire tracing and connection checking......and some heavy swearing. Now that it's in, it works great but still.limited to the distance of the factory remote. I may look into the RF add on kit. Great product, just make sure all.your wires are seated well in the connectors b4 you start!