Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   TOTAL CHAOS Long Travel *Discussion* Thread (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/263079-total-chaos-long-travel-*discussion*-thread.html)

TOTAL CHAOS 10-02-2018 12:59 PM

TOTAL CHAOS Long Travel *Discussion* Thread

1 Attachment(s)
We wanted to create a Long Travel Discussion Thread!

This is a place to discuss ANYTHING Total Chaos Long Travel!
Post questions, pictures, feedback, tips/tricks, etc. We are happy to help

[email protected]

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

Attachment 313785

https://scontent.fapa1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...7f&oe=5C5FDEA4

2010-2018 4RUNNER Long Travel Suspension Systems

TOTAL CHAOS 10-02-2018 01:08 PM

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT +2" Race Series Long Travel

https://www.chaosfab.com/images/Long...R-10FJ_kit.jpg

2010-2018 4Runner +2" Race Series Long Travel

- 100% chromoly constructed Race System offers maximum ground clearance and weighs 16.8 pounds less than the standard TC +2" LT kit.

- 2" extended 4130 chromoly tubular upper arms bolt to factory control arm mounting locations. Pre tabbed for dual shock capability.

- Upper and lower ball joints are replaced with 1" uniballs for maximum wheel travel and component strength. TOTAL CHAOS includes 1" I.D. uniballs that feature a heat treated stainless steel ball & heat treated stainless steel race for maximum corrosion resistance and component longevity. These uniball's also features a military grade PTFE woven fabric liner that helps prevent noise.

- Lower control arms feature an integrated uniball cup that provides 2.5" additional ground clearance when compared to the standard mild steel +2" LT kit. On top of that, Lower arms are 8.4 pounds lighter each side than the standard +2" LT kit.

- 2.5" long travel specific coil over shocks bolt into the factory coil bucket location. Extended travel shocks are too short and will not work.

- A secondary external bypass shock can be installed to increase dampening and tune-ability.

- Adjustable limit strap clevis' are included so that you can properly limit the suspensions droop wheel travel and make necessary adjustments during the life of the limit strap.

- DOT approved stainless steel braided brake lines, TC custom 17-4 stainless hi-misalignment spacers and all grade 8 mounting hardware is included.

- TC 4340 custom extended axles reuse factory inner and outer CV's to retain 4wd.
(axles are sold separately and not included with the kit)

- 2 stage powder coat process includes a durable clear coat to provide a long lasting finish.

- Hand crafted in the U.S.A.

- Fiberglass fenders not required on FJ Cruisers. 4Runners are limited to 275/70R17 tires unless fiberglass is installed. Fiberglass fenders or extreme fender modifications/cutting required on Tacoma.

*If FOX Shox will be used, an "F" must be added to the LT kit part number, i.e. 86002-R-10FJ-F

LIFT: 3-4"
TRAVEL: 11.5"
TIRE: 33" or 285
TRACK WIDTH INCREASE: 4"

Click Here for more information

TOTAL CHAOS 10-09-2018 10:49 AM

Let's see your TOTAL CHAOS Long Travel Systems in action!

Comment below with a photo of your ride. On social media? Tag our Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/totalchaosfabrication/

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

https://scontent.fapa1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...31&oe=5C607790

MTN4RNR 10-09-2018 12:07 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/c50lW5scCaZB6/giphy.gif

litezzz 10-09-2018 01:47 PM

For those that daily drive their rigs. Curious to see who has the highest mileage on their LT setup? Any gripes or pure stoke?

puckitpuck 10-09-2018 02:14 PM

Will LT set up work with KDSS?

rochmpr 10-09-2018 02:14 PM

How could I test the quality of these claims as well as actual travel dimensions. I would be willing to install on my 4Runner at NO cost to you. I can email you my address so you can send a complete set.

Thanks in advance.

(Hey, you never know unless you try)

[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JSparky 10-09-2018 02:58 PM

Without opening up a can of worms, I’d be curious to learn if you’ve ever considered offering an LT kit with rubber bushings? Noise and the frequency of greasing/maintenance seem to be the biggest detractors I heard people talk of. Maybe even combined with ball joints instead of uniballs.

MTN4RNR 10-09-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puckitpuck (Post 3137943)

This has been talked about a bit already (check out this thread...), and the short answer is no. KDSS will negate the benefits of LT, and beyond that, KDSS isn't supported with any LT options. It would have to be something custom.

rochmpr 10-09-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

No, they are not compatible.

TOTAL CHAOS 10-09-2018 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litezzz (Post 3137922)
For those that daily drive their rigs. Curious to see who has the highest mileage on their LT setup? Any gripes or pure stoke?

We've got many customers with anywhere from 10k-100k on their systems. Hopefully we have a few that chime in here :rockon:

Quote:

Good question - a Long Travel System will not work with KDSS.

TOTAL CHAOS
TOTAL CHAOS FABRICATION

dot_tom 10-09-2018 03:33 PM

I wish. Like @rochmpr said, Anyone want to give me a kit to try out I'll be more than happy to! haha

TOTAL CHAOS 10-09-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSparky (Post 3137976)
Without opening up a can of worms, I’d be curious to learn if you’ve ever considered offering an LT kit with rubber bushings? Noise and the frequency of greasing/maintenance seem to be the biggest detractors I heard people talk of. Maybe even combined with ball joints instead of uniballs.

We have not considered a rubber bushing option or ball joints on a Long Travel System.

These kits were designed to handle serious off-road use without any problems! We've found the urethane bushings offer great performance while being easy to maintain and replace if needed. Same applies for the uniball, our 100% stainless steel uniballs are some of the strongest on the market and offer superior corrosion resistance.

Keeping the bushings and uniballs properly lubricated is key to a long-lasting kit. Most customers are happy to perform a tiny bit of extra maintenance for the major performance increase that a Long Travel System offers.

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

TOTAL CHAOS 10-09-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rochmpr (Post 3137944)
How could I test the quality of these claims as well as actual travel dimensions. I would be willing to install on my 4Runner at NO cost to you. I can email you my address so you can send a complete set.

Thanks in advance.

(Hey, you never know unless you try)

[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If there is anything you have questions on please let us know. We are happy to provide more clarification and details on any of our items.

In regards to sending you a kit, just need your CC info first and we'll get a kit shipped right out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot_tom (Post 3138013)
I wish. Like @rochmpr said, Anyone want to give me a kit to try out I'll be more than happy to! haha

We can send you a kit, but it'll cost a little $$$ :)

TOTAL CHAOS
WWW.CHAOSFAB.COM

cbielat 10-09-2018 06:27 PM

The OG of your +2 Race Version right here...