Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   S&B Intake - 5th Gen via Burtman (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/263110-s-b-intake-5th-gen-via-burtman.html)

Rigel4Runner 10-03-2018 06:14 AM

S&B Intake - 5th Gen via Burtman

1 Attachment(s)
Hey fellas...so I was in the market for a new intake and was on the fence between the TRD and K&N intakes. While I was working out the details on the Gibson dual side exit exhaust with Jason B, he mentioned he had one soon to be carried on his site by S&B. After checking out the manufacturer’s site, it looked like a mix between the two. Their site has good info for those looking for numbers to compare.

Post install, it has a noticeable growl when opening it up. Under normal driving conditions it’s not even noticeable with my Gibson exhaust. I tow my boat often 200+ miles round trip and now my 4Runner doesn’t seem to be nearly as depraved of air.

Link to Burtman’s site: Burtman Industries

Thanks Jason B!

97BlackAckCL 10-03-2018 09:19 AM

I like that it lines up with the stock fender well intake hole, not really a fan of the full plexiglass window though. You're one of the first I've seen on here that actually bought one though

1jzgte 10-03-2018 10:50 AM

http://memecrunch.com/meme/NVFX/when...ddle/image.png

Jason B 10-04-2018 11:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel4Runner (Post 3132399)
Hey fellas...so I was in the market for a new intake and was on the fence between the TRD and K&N intakes. While I was working out the details on the Gibson dual side exit exhaust with Jason B, he mentioned he had one soon to be carried on his site by S&B. After checking out the manufacturer’s site, it looked like a mix between the two. Their site has good info for those looking for numbers to compare.

Post install, it has a noticeable growl when opening it up. Under normal driving conditions it’s not even noticeable with my Gibson exhaust. I tow my boat often 200+ miles round trip and now my 4Runner doesn’t seem to be nearly as depraved of air.

Link to Burtman’s site: Burtman Industries

Thanks Jason B!

Great, appreciate you taking the time to post and for the pic. I've been selling S&B for over 7 years now, sold a ton of their intakes for the Nissan Titan. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is made in house in their factory. They make the intake box there, they make the filter there, everything is made in house in California. These just means better fitment as you don't have to reply on multiple manufacturers and tolerance changes and everything is test fit first. It's a good unit for a good price. I also have the AFE, but many have been asking for another option and I was buggin S&B for about 2 years to make this and it finally got done.

Personally. I love the clear window as it lets you see and monitor how dirty the filter is getting. I've had others (on the Titan forum) add LED lights in the box and some have engraved it with some pretty cool things on the box lid (any trophy engraving place or shop in the mall can do it cheap) attached a pic.

https://www.sbfilters.com/mm5/graphi..._1_960x960.png

New S&B intake at Burtman Industries, order link, etc - install video shown. super detailed airflow tests https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sgG...ew?usp=sharing

Will also do a lower price for the first few that call their orders in. 717-319-2100.

Jubei Kubegami 10-05-2018 09:49 AM

Anyone have a video of in-cabin sound? How loud is this thing?

Jason B 10-08-2018 10:57 AM

I've sold a few so far, but getting these guys to sign up and post on here is not easy. I've heard it. You don't know it's there until you really step on it. Has a nice authoritative sound, deep/mean, but not loud. When you mash the throttle hard it's more of the same sound and sounds like it means business.

Agent_Outside 10-08-2018 12:30 PM

Looks nice but I personally wouldn’t spend $300 for one.

Jason B 11-13-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel4Runner (Post 3132399)

Link to Burtman’s site: Burtman Industries S&B intake for 5th gen

Thanks Jason B!

@Rigel4Runner - How about an update on gas mileage. You should be getting a bump in mileage with this on... Hope you can chime back in.

Order link here and also see the link of the super detailed air flow tests compared to the stock intake. This thing gives a 42% increase in airflow over the stock setup.

Burtman Industries S&B intake

Cruiser1853 11-14-2018 11:41 PM

S&B intake

Ordered the S&B intake to compliment the Gibson exhaust I also ordered for my new 2019 SR5 Premium. Looking forward to hear and experience the difference from the stock setup.

Jason B 12-22-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruiser1853 (Post 3172522)
Ordered the S&B intake to compliment the Gibson exhaust I also ordered for my new 2019 SR5 Premium. Looking forward to hear and experience the difference from the stock setup.

Did you get it on yet???

4RDoc 12-22-2018 09:15 PM

Does it help at highway speeds 75-80?
I just purchased an 18 ORP and it has to work to go
That fast even on flat roads. That’s my only disappointment with it

YellowSnow 12-23-2018 01:32 AM

This looks intriguing...

Turfboy 12-23-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4RDoc (Post 3196007)

This could be your solution: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-g...le-review.html

Regarding this product I would wonder how well it works with the various snorkels.

4RDoc 12-23-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turfboy (Post 3196166)
This could be your solution: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-g...le-review.html

Regarding this product I would wonder how well it works with the various snorkels.

Thank you!

Jason B 12-23-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4RDoc (Post 3196007)

Yep, you’ll notice more highway passing power and more low end grunt pulling away from redlights, etc. inexpensive mod at this price and about $100 less than others. I’ve been asking s&b to make this for over a year and they don’t make anything unless it gives a good advatange over stock. Be sure to check out the air flow test on my link I posted above compared to the Stock set up.