Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/)
-   -   What podcasts are you listening to right now? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/off-topic/266787-what-podcasts-you-listening-right-now.html)

BrianSD_42 12-31-2018 10:32 AM

What podcasts are you listening to right now?

The purpose of this thread is to share the great podcasts you are listening to right now / today ......

There are a lot of podcasts out there and I personally subscribe to way more than I actually listen to. Which ones are you listening to right now that are actually good?

Also FYI this list was interesting -->

The Atlantic - Best 50 podcasts of 2018
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...s-2018/578899/

:bat:

Hepar 12-31-2018 10:33 AM

Sub'd. Need some new material.

Skeptopotamus 12-31-2018 10:42 AM

I listen to podcasts constantly, they are my addiction.

My Brother, My Brother and Me (bad advice, comedy)
The Flophouse (bad movies, comedy)
The West Wing Weekly (the TV show)
My Favorite Murder (true crime, comedy)
The Adventure Zone (dungeons and dragons, comedy)
Sawbones (medical history)
How Did This Get Made (bad movies, comedy)
Doughboys (chain restaurant reviews, comedy)
Stuff You Should Know (general knowledge)
Omnibus (general knowledge)
Movie Crush (movies)
Dirty John (true crime, serial)
Friendly Fire (war movies, comedy)
Sword and Scale (true crime)
Dr Death (true crime)

Hammer_Man 12-31-2018 11:22 AM

“Up and vanished” is really good. Its a true crime murder mystery series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianSD_42 12-31-2018 02:21 PM

Here is my list, pretty much what I listened to in December. I find myself changing podcasts every few months as new things catch my eye. I can't listen to every episode (eg Joe Rogan 3hr long) of these all but most of the shorter episodes I will catch for sure.

In no particular order this is what I listened to in December 2018.

* This Podcast Will Kill You (diseases, yay!)

* The Dream (MLM yay!)

* Mueller, She Wrote (Inditments, yay!)

* In the Dark (Unsolved murder, yay!)

* Start Up (Entrepreneurship)

* Uncover, Escaping NXIVM (Sex Cults, yay!)

* Can He Do That? (Dictatorship, yay)

* Left, Right & Center (Reaching across the aisle, yay!)

* Legal Wars (Cool lawsuits, yay!)

* 1A (NPR's attempt at going 5% beyond the bubble, yay!)

* Gladiator (Aaron Hernandez murders!)

* The Way I Heard It (Mike Rowe discusses America)

* Jordan B. Peterson (The Lobster is everything, duh!)

* The Indicator (Where did my 401K balance go?)

* Planet Money (Whats the yield curve?)

* On The Media (NPR critics itself, sort-of)

* NPR Politics (Great show, trust me!)

* Up First (10 mins of morning news)

* NYT The Daily (BEST NEWS PODCAST, BY FAR)

* Reply All (good stories from Gimlet)

* Waking Up With Sam Harris (religion of peace?)

* Joe Rogan Experiece (just listen!)

* Philosophize This! (learn something)

* Here & Now (NPR daily radio program)

* The Argument (NYT attempt to copy Left, Right, Center)

* Real Time with Bill Marr (yes its a free podcast!)

* Ben Shapiro (honorary mention for my more conservative friends bc I do enjoy his youtube videos)

// END //

https://i.imgur.com/5VUmbpi.png

:bat:

Steamfitter 12-31-2018 04:09 PM

freedomain radio aka stefan molyneux
Roosh V aka KingMaker podcast

Both good. Particularly if you are a conservative male, you will enjoy these shows.

Bluesky 07 12-31-2018 11:13 PM

Just finished the outstanding “Uncover: Bomb on Board”, which examines the yet-unsolved 1965 bombing of Canadian Pacific Airlines Flight 21.

Just started “Fall of a Titan” about the murder of Steve McNair.

My regulars:
The Ross Tucker Football Podcast
Planet Money

LandCruiser 01-01-2019 01:05 AM

I just listen to the EDM ones, Aurosonic, Steve Allen, and Susana.

gaterose 01-06-2019 06:45 PM

Last Podcast on the Left and Dan Carlin's Hardcore History are my two favorites.

Hardcore History is absolutely amazing, Dan puts 6 months of research into each episode. Some series, like Blueprint for Armageddon (pre-US entry WWI) and Ghosts of the Ostfront (Eastern German/Russian front of WWI) were mind-blowing. Took several years to release all episodes, and nearly 14 hours of content on the WWI series.

He discusses topics that we don't get in American history classes like the non-American fronts of the World Wars, views from Persian/Mongolian empires that are rarely covered well, etc. I think the best part is that makes a lot of great analogies and comparisons to current events, as well as linking historical events to current religious/political issues. So it's not just a dull history lecture.

Last Podcast on the Left is for people with a dark sense of humor. Three guys discuss serial killers, cults, UFOs, paranormal activity, terrorist events (i.e. 9/11, OKC, & Columbine), and other weird/unusual/scary topics. While they do make jokes, they don't belittle the victims of the events and usually praise/honor them. More often than not they're making fun of the bad guys, and covering these topics in good depth while still keeping the discussion light. Not the smartest guys, but they're pretty funny and they do research each topic pretty well.

BrianSD_42 06-04-2019 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll keep this going.

The Daily.
* Episode 06/03.
* The Legacy of Rachael Evans.

D'arce 06-04-2019 10:30 PM

History on Fire
Grappling Central Podcast
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Jocko Podcast
Sasquatch Chronicles
Peter Schiff Show

maximus95 05-01-2020 06:22 PM

Stuff You Should Know

It's essentially a new topic every episode, and it's very well made and interesting. I get topics for papers there all the time!

Ogre75 05-21-2020 09:48 AM

Pat McAfee Show
The Conspiracy Farm
King and the Sting
Quoth the Raven
Bill Burr
Those Conspiracy Guys
Joe Rogan

GuySmiley 05-22-2020 03:40 PM

The Joe Rogan Experience
Always Aggravated (Detroit sports)

jbtvt 05-22-2020 08:29 PM

Rogan, of course, The Portal with Eric Weinstein is great, the Freakonomics guy sometimes. Sam Harris has a paywall on second half of his shows now FYI, good but not worth the cost for me.

Also, The Teaching Company/ Great Courses is having a sale right now, $10/month for unlimited listening. literally thousands of college level classes on anything you could ever want to learn about. I used to torrent these back in the day when I was poor and they cost several hundred dollars - per course. $10 for unlimited access is a crazy good deal. Been listening to a lot of that lately.