Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Rear Passenger Window is Haunted (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/267044-rear-passenger-window-haunted.html)

5Sport 01-06-2019 01:51 AM

Rear Passenger Window is Haunted

My rear passenger window goes up with the auto up feature then goes back down by itself. I have to manually manipulate the switch to get the window up to stay.

Anyone heard of this issue or know the problem. Switch issue?

Thanks

nglayton 01-06-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5Sport (Post 3203621)
My rear passenger window goes up with the auto up feature then goes back down by itself. I have to manually manipulate the switch to get the window up to stay.

Thanks

It's a safety feature to keep anyone from getting their hand, arm or head crushed. Any time the sensor detects resistance in rolling up it automatically rolls back down.

Check the window channel, and window seals to make sure there are no obstructions.

I've seen things like cold weather, stickers, in channel vent visors, sticks and twigs trigger it.

Soneill 01-06-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5Sport (Post 3203621)

Thanks

Try and reset the widown regulator. Roll the window all the way down then roll the window up, once it is all the way up hold the switch up for 30 seconds. This should fix the problem.

2112 R 01-06-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soneill (Post 3203777)
Try and reset the widown regulator. Roll the window all the way down then roll the window up, once it is all the way up hold the switch up for 30 seconds. This should fix the problem.

Yes. This has fixed every auto window problem I've had.
Just do the reset and it should work. Most of the time it's an electrical problem like a disconnected battery or blown fuse that causes this, and if this fix doesn't work the problem might be mechanical instead of electrical.

5Sport 01-08-2019 01:27 AM

Ok, nothing in the tracks blocking the window.

I tried the reset but if you hold the switch in the up position the window just rolls back down. I held the switch for 30 seconds (twice), but the widow still does it. The only way to roll the window up is to do it manually and catch the track up top before it auto rolls down, HELP

Anyone else experience this?

Soneill 01-08-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5Sport (Post 3204966)
Ok, nothing in the tracks blocking the window.

I tried the reset but if you hold the switch in the up position the window just rolls back down. I held the switch for 30 seconds (twice), but the widow still does it. The only way to roll the window up is to do it manually and catch the track up top before it auto rolls down, HELP

Anyone else experience this?

Try and bump the switch a little at a time until the window is closed. Then hold the switch up. It may take a couple of tries to get the window closed before it trys to go back down.

5Sport 08-10-2019 03:45 AM

Follow up on this issue. resetting the switch worked but you have to do the reset with the window in the down position.