Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Aftermarket power lift gate finally available (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/267917-aftermarket-power-lift-gate-finally-available.html)

Hans Moleman 01-26-2019 12:28 AM

Aftermarket power lift gate finally available

It seems like there were many people who asked if there was an aftermarket power lift gate over the years. Finally there is one.

Here is a video of it in action
YouTube

Here is the vendor. It still shows as preorder though. P/n 9101.
Power operated tailgate lift assisting system TL105 – Autoease

Who wants to be the guinea pig?:biggrin1:

New video of someone he recently bought one with the foot sensor:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/clBB79ulkZM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cartrimhome is now selling it for $480
Free Shipping Electric tailgate modified tailgate automatic lifting Rear Door For TOYOTA 4RUNNER 2010-2019

mustangr2 01-26-2019 01:20 AM

Hmmm very interesting.

Ditchhanger 01-26-2019 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangr2 (Post 3217734)
Hmmm very interesting.

Yes...very interesting...

kevwolford 01-26-2019 10:04 AM

Coming late January to mid February

They had that at SEMA. I have been bugging them when it will be available. They said Late January to mid February.

As soon as I know something I will let everyone know.

Jetboy 01-26-2019 11:03 AM

Looks interesting. The 4 runner strut geometry isn't very conducive to adding a simple linear actuator set. I didn't think they would work unless they moved the mounting points. I'd like to see it open all on its own. The first few inches is where I didn't think the geometry would work. You'll notice he has to help it along. Hopefully they can make it work. If it can't open on its own, it kinda defeats the whole purpose.

slprciv 01-26-2019 02:25 PM

Interesting indeed, just want to see how reliable it is in the long term considering it's not OEM. Makes you wonder if you can use the Highlander setup and transfer it over with little wiring and mod.

Hans Moleman 01-30-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetboy (Post 3217821)
Looks interesting. The 4 runner strut geometry isn't very conducive to adding a simple linear actuator set. I didn't think they would work unless they moved the mounting points. I'd like to see it open all on its own. The first few inches is where I didn't think the geometry would work. You'll notice he has to help it along. Hopefully they can make it work. If it can't open on its own, it kinda defeats the whole purpose.

It looks more like he was pressing the button rather than assisting it opening :noidea:

jhguth 01-30-2019 04:37 PM

geometry looks fine, he's pushing the open button

Dillusion 01-30-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slprciv (Post 3217925)
Interesting indeed, just want to see how reliable it is in the long term considering it's not OEM. Makes you wonder if you can use the Highlander setup and transfer it over with little wiring and mod.

I would highly not recommend the Highlander set up even if it did work.

My wife has a 2015 Highlander and it broke 3 times.
1. Both struts started leaking.
2. One strut kept popping off its mount
3. Just stopped working. Had to force the hatch open and it started working again. It was like it had to relearn what position it was in.

Also not to mention the 4R hatch feels a lot heavier.

Ditchhanger 01-30-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevwolford (Post 3217792)
They had that at SEMA. I have been bugging them when it will be available. They said Late January to mid February.

As soon as I know something I will let everyone know.

If you get it and it works for you, I may be interested. If it fails at some point, I'm sure all we would need to do is disconnect the modules and replace the OE struts

Tejas 01-30-2019 05:28 PM

One of mommas biggest gripes about the 4Runner is not having a power assisted rear lift gate. I am definitely intrigued, I think I can swallow the $399 price as well. Im curios as to where you would install the control module?!

Hans Moleman 06-02-2019 04:55 PM

Here is an even better one. It also has a sensor under the bumper where you can wave your foot and it opens.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/clBB79ulkZM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

a47chuck 06-02-2019 08:49 PM

Same vendor?

Barcelona4R 06-02-2019 10:20 PM

Oh my

hwnrunner 06-02-2019 10:27 PM

for $399 I'm in!