Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Part numbers for backlight bulbs for Climate Control and LCD (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/268163-part-numbers-backlight-bulbs-climate-control-lcd.html)

benjamin247 01-31-2019 02:26 AM

Part numbers for backlight bulbs for Climate Control and LCD

Just bought a 2006 Sport Edition V8 and found that the backlight for the climate control and LCD above (displaying info like MPG and avg speed) is out. The right side of the LCD is out, and for climate control "knobs", the left and center knob lights are out. I found these part numbers in another thread, but I'm not sure which part I need:
90010-09019 long green
90010-09015 long yellowish
90010-09017 short white

Which ones do I need? These are all available on amazon.

Thanks!

RL Lemke 01-31-2019 08:17 AM

Keep searching this forum because there is a thread with photos and all details. I found the bulb replacement easy.

mikewhiskey 01-31-2019 02:33 PM

This thread here is very helpful

TenTwelve 01-31-2019 02:45 PM

I'm going to break down and get the right lights. I put LEDs in a few spots that were out, but the brightness isn't there.

benjamin247 01-31-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikewhiskey (Post 3222077)
This thread here is very helpful

Perfect. Thanks!

benjamin247 01-31-2019 03:43 PM

I found the individual bulbs I need and also this set that contains all bulbs needed to replace all:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HIAZRJS..._k70uCbMTWKSFZ

Buying the bulbs I only need versus buying the complete set will save me $30. Since I'm already replacing some of the bulbs, should I go ahead and just replace all? Will the newer bulbs be brighter than the older, 13 year old, bulbs?

mikewhiskey 01-31-2019 05:06 PM

Since you're already buying the whole set might as well just replace them all and keep your working old ones as spares. The new ones might be slightly brighter than the old if the little colored condoms on the bulbs are cooked

AuSeeker 01-31-2019 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Keep in mind that the Limiteds with the dual climate controls have a little different bulb layout than the single climate control.

Look at the diagram below, the bottom is the bulb layout for both the Limited (Dual) and the SR5 (Single).

DRVOVRU 08-10-2019 10:45 AM

The diagram is awesome and is exactly what I was looking for. These lights appear to be a continous issue and I would think this would be a great sticky. Along with the URL for removal step by step that is here. Center Console Lights

Christomy95 08-23-2019 09:53 AM

Number of bulbs to purchase

I haven't taken apart the console yet but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how many bulbs I need to buy to replace the lights for the climate control section.

AuSeeker 08-23-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christomy95 (Post 3343788)
I haven't taken apart the console yet but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how many bulbs I need to buy to replace the lights for the climate control section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuSeeker (Post 3222416)
Keep in mind that the Limiteds with the dual climate controls have a little different bulb layout than the single climate control.

Look at the diagram below, the bottom is the bulb layout for both the Limited (Dual) and the SR5 (Single).

If you read my post above you should know that it varies depending on what model you have, the diagram I posted show the bulb layout and part numbers for the different bulbs needed for the Limited model and the SR5 which will be the same for a Sport Edition as well.

That being said you should be able to determine which bulbs and how many you need from the diagram, no one here can give you that answer because we don't know which model you have!

Also note that no matter which model you have you will need several different bulbs to replace them all.

royal T4R 08-23-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenTwelve (Post 3222092)
I'm going to break down and get the right lights. I put LEDs in a few spots that were out, but the brightness isn't there.

Sounds like you need less resistant resistors or better LED's

CV4RNR 10-31-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuSeeker (Post 3222416)

Thanks for the diagram- Exactly what I needed!

IRONLUNG 12-24-2019 02:02 PM

What would be the LED equilvalent (superbrightled) for bulbs A, C, and D? Do you use 3mm T-1 for all?

Fishead 12-30-2019 05:46 AM

This...bulb 900100915 is very difficult to find an LED equivalent with respect to it’s shape (post height) and twist lock size on Amazon etc.

Any recommendations?

I’ve read through almost all 110 pages of HVAC swap thread. Lots of info on LED but much of discussion seems to have started almost 10 years ago with ppl soldering raw leds and making things work. Now there is a mind-numbing multitude of these led’s available on Amazon etc. but neo wedge 3-4 are now being called T3 T4.2 / T5 T10 and so on...with basically zero reference to the replacement oem part numbers. Even the superbrightleds.com do not have the tall post.

Can anyone clarify how they complete led swaps for this particular bulb?

Thanks in advance!

><(((*<

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/j9X3glH