Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   5th gen 4"+ lift (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/268246-5th-gen-4-lift.html)

18SpacesForUserNam 02-02-2019 12:58 AM

5th gen 4"+ lift

New to the site, but can't find much info....
Last year I bought a 2015 SR5 4WD 4R with a 6" Fabtech lift & 3" body lift. I call it my "Harvey Crisis" because I bought it after the storm & I'm too old to have a truck this tall-(damn it's pretty though)!
Anyone have any experience with this year and/or lift & mods you have had done?
I'm putting new UCA's, coil overs, & rear shocks on in the next couple of weeks, and have had a hell of a time finding anything that will even work with this year model and lift. (installing a FOX/BDS hybrid coil over w/ resi. & 2.0 rear shocks...per FOX) and have lost countless hours of sleep trying to decide on a UCA. -Went with the ICON tubular Delta Joints because I didn't want the basic uni-ball & haven't found anything better except the Rokmen, but the the install design & alignment is stupid.
Anyone else with a similar setup that can talk me out out of the ICON, preferably ball joint over un-iball, but with the uni articulation and low maintenance? -JBA's HD maybe, but seems like a crap shoot on a 6" lift.
-Just looking for some better options on the UCA,s really, not a fan of ICON because they can't answer the phone for their overpriced shit!
-had to rant..don't buy a truck w/a 6" lift (apparently in 2015 for sure!)

GX4SEVEND 02-02-2019 03:21 AM

You’re saying you’ve got a fabtech drop bracket lift PLUS a 3” body lift? Please tell me I read that wrong.

There are a ton of lift options but if you’re trying to replace suspension parts on that particular lift then yeah you’ll find extremely limited info because I’ve never heard of anyone running that amount of lift. Especially on a 4Runner.

Are those lifts even able to be removed? If so what about a normal suspension lift since you’re replacing parts anyway?

mrblah 02-02-2019 03:53 AM

pics or it never happened

hardyplante 02-02-2019 08:00 AM

Please post pics. I want to see this monstrosity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou_Pro 02-02-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardyplante (Post 3223560)
Please post pics. I want to see this monstrosity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed!! What size tires are on it?

First thing I'd do is get rid of the garbage body lift for sure.

Anand 02-02-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayou_Pro (Post 3223565)
First thing I'd do is get rid of the garbage body lift for sure.

And the entirety of the drop bracket lift.... :ohwell:

tacoyota 02-02-2019 04:07 PM

this requires welding....

YellowSnow 02-02-2019 05:45 PM

I knew this was an SR5 thread....didn’t even need to read it!

:drum:

supratt 02-02-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrblah (Post 3223485)
pics or it never happened

Looks like it never happened

GX4SEVEND 02-02-2019 06:55 PM

I’m starting to think it never happened

torska 02-06-2019 08:01 PM

I dont believe it happened either. However I will entertain....

If you have a drop bracket lift your UCA's will be at stock level so you have to buy an aftermarket stock replacement. You cannot buy any of the lifted UCA made for vehicles with a strut/coilover lift. If you are looking for a better quality I would say JBA UCA's. He makes a stock replacement arm. It has a ball joint that he manufactured with more movement then you can get.

As for shocks and sturts. Its the same. You have to buy factory lengths again. UNLESS Fabtech requires a different length. The only way to know is to contact fabtech. If anything I am assuming the rear needs an extended length shock. becasue the rear is probably a coil spring lift. If this is the case you can get any of the aftermarket shocks and struts. You cannot increase the height.

I would say Eibach, Bilstein or a coilover set at 0" of lift. Hope this helped.

Jetboy 02-06-2019 08:24 PM

They were trying to sell this for a while. Maybe?

https://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/...-7-760x507.jpg

manofsteele2003 02-06-2019 08:28 PM

Do you live in Hawaii?

Dillusion 02-06-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manofsteele2003 (Post 3226469)
Do you live in Hawaii?

Hey now not all of us down here are excessive.

Just some.

57buick 02-06-2019 11:38 PM

I want the fabtech lift. SO I've done a lot of research. it is using the stock coils most likely (there are 2 versions) stock coils with their spacer on top of it or it is using their extra long dirt logic coilover(should be obvious when you look at them which) the rear you would need the longer shock for their kit. Dirt logic or custom shock length from another brand.

I would remove the 3 inch body lift asap as that is useless. That will make a big improvement for you getting in and out of the vehicle.

The ultimate setup for the 4runner in my opinion is the fabtech lift kit with a long travel suspension system set for just 3 or 4 inches of lift.