Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2014+ T4R Tri-LED Projector / Sequential Headlights (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/268634-2014-t4r-tri-led-projector-sequential-headlights.html)

XenonDepot 02-10-2019 10:51 AM

2014+ T4R Tri-LED Projector / Sequential Headlights

Who else is excited to try the new Morimoto XB LED headlights on their 4Runner?

XenonDepot will be the first to offer these for pre-order in the US. While it's a bit too soon to say, we think they'll start shipping around mid-summer.

They'll have triple LED based projectors, a full white LED daytime running light, and a amber sequential turn signal. PWM DRL compatibility of course, and completely plug n play on our trucks.

Estimated cost to be around $1000-$1200/set, all in!

Pics here:
4Runner XB Lights

Vid here:
4Runner Teaser

Toyster 02-10-2019 11:23 AM

Is it me or does it look like there is a haze inside the light fixture?

XenonDepot 02-10-2019 11:27 AM

Oh there definitely is - these are prototypes that are 100% 3D printed, the production parts should be near or equal to OE quality though. :iagree:

Ferd_4R 02-10-2019 12:06 PM

Are these from the retrofit source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XenonDepot 02-10-2019 12:26 PM

Morimoto is the brand, they're produced in Taiwan. TRS will have them too...but we'll be the first to get em in the States!

SoonersDDS 02-10-2019 12:39 PM

These are on the list for me, will likely purchase as soon as available

XenonDepot 02-10-2019 12:40 PM

We will setup a Group Buy to deliver at the best rate for forum members :bravo:

Axix23 02-10-2019 01:26 PM

Now, these headlights actually look sick! Reminds me of the Acura MDX/RDX front headlights

TeeDub21 02-10-2019 01:32 PM

How will light output compare to my morimoto HID’s in my stock projectors? Lights look cool and will probably buy assuming I still have my T4R by then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XenonDepot 02-10-2019 01:54 PM

The cool thing about these is that they're designed both for performance and good looks, unlike what we usually find in the aftermarket which is designed for looks alone. We'll post more details, output shots, etc as soon as we have it!

The Tacoma (and Tundra) XB headlights are further ahead of these in terms of release though, and since they will use the same optics - we can benchmark that for what to expect in the T4R version.

Bayou_Pro 02-10-2019 03:03 PM

Should be a good quality setup. I haven't gotten a bad product from Morimoto yet. I have thier 2 Stroke led bulbs in my highs and lows as well as thier XB fogs. Amazing difference.

Ditchhanger 02-10-2019 03:11 PM

Too bad Morimoto can't make the turn signal light non-sequential. Looks a little bit too much, but otherwise a great option

XenonDepot 02-10-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger (Post 3229044)
Too bad Morimoto can't make the turn signal light non-sequential. Looks a little bit too much, but otherwise a great option

Good news! You can run the turn signal solid as well as the sequential. Super easy to toggle between the two modes from the back of the headlight.

Ferd_4R 02-10-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonDepot (Post 3228915)
Morimoto is the brand, they're produced in Taiwan. TRS will have them too...but we'll be the first to get em in the States!

Well then I guess I know where I’m getting it from [emoji6]
Especially if you guys do a group buy like you said!

Xtremluck 02-10-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonDepot (Post 3228987)
The cool thing about these is that they're designed both for performance and good looks, unlike what we usually find in the aftermarket which is designed for looks alone. We'll post more details, output shots, etc as soon as we have it!

The Tacoma (and Tundra) XB headlights are further ahead of these in terms of release though, and since they will use the same optics - we can benchmark that for what to expect in the T4R version.

I think this will be the biggest question. Will the light output be better than someone sticking an HID bulb in our stock halogen projector. All indications are pointing to a no given the Morimoto's XB LED low beam projector's current performance. I'm assuming these headlights will be using the same unit?