Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   who runs a dog barrier / cargo barrier? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/268738-who-runs-dog-barrier-cargo-barrier.html)

macscac 02-12-2019 10:53 AM

who runs a dog barrier / cargo barrier?

Just curious what people are using for a barrier from the back seat to the cargo space.

My golden isn't big enough to outgrow her crate in back but she will soon and ill need something to keep her corralled in the back.

Please post up what you have and what you like / don't like!
Thank you much!!

comtn4x4 02-12-2019 12:20 PM

I have 2 labs who feel tortured to be in the cargo area so I found the solution linked below I like that it attaches to the seat and doesn't interfere with the cargo area, this makes loading up and securing load much easier. However, the significant downside comes into play when trying to either recline the seats or fold them flat. Obviously with the seat being functionally attached by the barrier reclining and folding flat become challenging and a two person job. The link I attached is not the exact model I have although It's not too much different. I have consider more of a cargo net style system instead.

Petego K9 Keeper Universal Pet Safety Barrier, Aluminum - Chewy.com

2013 - 2018 Subaru Forester SJ Behind Rear Seats Barrier Divider Net – Raingler

KingTaco 02-12-2019 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macscac (Post 3230361)
Just curious what people are using for a barrier from the back seat to the cargo space.

My golden isn't big enough to outgrow her crate in back but she will soon and ill need something to keep her corralled in the back.

Please post up what you have and what you like / don't like!
Thank you much!!

I have the Raingler net. I didn't like paying that much at the time (or installing it, really), but it's been two years now, and I haven't had to think about it once since I put it in. You won't get the nice clean symmetric taught look as shown on their site unless both front seats are close to the same position, and there have been one or two times when I wanted to pull over during an overnight ride and recline all the way, but it does a great job keeping the dog from trying to sit in my lap or shift. Also gives me a little peace of mind when it comes to anything in the back that may turn in to a projectile in a crash. I'm glad I didn't go with one of the Amazon specials.

kjbenner 02-12-2019 12:57 PM

I've got the Raingler net that goes behind the 2nd row seats. Works great for keeping the dog in the back, just needed a little training to learn not to stick her head through it. It's only takes a couple of minutes to drop all the way if you want to put the rear seats flat and use all the cargo area.

Jtravler 02-12-2019 06:42 PM

I’ve got the Raingler also. Very good quality and works well. Like others have said, it had a bit of a sag in the top, but otherwise it’s awesome and easy to install.

MeefZah 02-12-2019 10:08 PM

I have the universal / adjustable SUV barrier that wedges between floor and roof, with rods that slide side to side to customize it for the width. There's a ton of different brands that are all basically the same. Mine is 'Solvit' brand.

Solvit Deluxe Tubular Car Pet Barrier - Chewy.com

Looks pretty welfare in that picture but it works fine. I have a husky that is insane and it keeps her contained back there. Also comes out quite fast and there's no drilling or anything. My local rinky dink pet store has them for like $45 so that price in the link I posted is too high but it was the first one I found.

Bossman 02-12-2019 11:39 PM

Dog Barrier Recommendations

Best dog Barriers for 4Runner

Installed: Headrest Mounted Pet Barrier for 5th Gen

Raingler cargo nets

Dog Proofing my new 4Runner?