Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Victory 4x4 5th Gen Build (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/268798-victory-4x4-5th-gen-build.html)

Victory 4x4 02-13-2019 05:45 PM

Victory 4x4 5th Gen Build

7 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone, I’m Cam from Victory4x4!

A little late in the build but it's never done so I figured I should start a build thread.

I bought a 2017 Magnetic Gray SR5 4Runner this past summer and love it. I'll update mods here as they're made.

Specs
2017 SR5 - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Suspension/Wheels/Tires
3" BDS Suspension
Mamba M23 - 17 x 9, 4.53bs, - 12 offset
Falken Wildpeak A/T3 285/70R17

Armor (Victory 4x4)
Blitz Front Bumper
Blitz Rock Sliders
Front Skid
Mid Skid
Transfer Case Skid

Recovery
WARN VR8-S winch
Factor 55 FlatLink
Warn Epic Shackles

Roof Rack (Victory 4x4)
Roof Rail Crossbars

Storage
Victory 4x4 rear window MOLLE panels
Victory 4x4 Center Console MOLLE panels

Lighting
Interior LED replacements
Rock lights in the Blitz sliders wired to the dome light circuit as courtesy lights

MISC
Freespirit Recreation Adventure Series Manual 49″ Roof Top Tent
Blue Sea Systems Power Block in cargo area
Husky Floor Mats | Front, 2nd Row, Cargo Area

If you have any questions, post and let me know!

Mutant138 02-13-2019 05:47 PM

First comment suckassss.

Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Victory 4x4 02-13-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutant138 (Post 3231536)
First comment suckassss.

Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Haha, thank you!

Bayou_Pro 02-13-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victory 4x4 (Post 3231535)
Hey everyone, I’m Cam from Victory4x4!

Roof Rack (Victory 4x4)
Roof Rail Crossbars

Storage
Victory 4x4 rear window molle panels

Very Nice. What's your pricing on the above items. How is the wind noise with the roof rack crossbars? How easy are they to install and remove? Thanks!!

Victory 4x4 02-14-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayou_Pro (Post 3231559)
Very Nice. What's your pricing on the above items. How is the wind noise with the roof rack crossbars? How easy are they to install and remove? Thanks!!

Thanks! I just added links to the products above. The molle panel is $179. The crossbars are $89, sold individually so you can run as many or few as you need. It will just depend on what you plan to load on top. I ran a 2 person RTT and used three crossbars, if you run a bigger one, you might want four. I haven't noticed any additional wind noise at all with them.

The install video should be up soon, but they are easy to install. The plastic factory end caps pop off and you slide mounting plates into the rail. You'll put one side of the crossbar onto the bolts and the other side is notched so it just drops on top of the bolts.

4Runner Roof Rack Crossbar | 5th Gen (10+) - Victory 4x4
4Runner Rear Window Storage Molle Panel | 5th Gen (14+) - Victory 4x4

Bjohnson425 02-14-2019 10:10 AM

Any install videos for that bumper? I was pretty set on the SSO slimline but like the looks of that one as well.

Victory 4x4 02-14-2019 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bjohnson425 (Post 3231882)
Any install videos for that bumper? I was pretty set on the SSO slimline but like the looks of that one as well.

Install video is coming very soon! It just requires one cut around the lower valance portion of the stock front bumper.

Bayou_Pro 02-14-2019 10:24 AM

I really like the looks and the low profile design of your crossbars. The only drawback to me is the lack of a larger point in the slots to allow a bolt head to slip through. I'm guessing you are wanting the customer to use a T-Bolt? Thanks again.

Victory 4x4 02-14-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayou_Pro (Post 3231892)
I really like the looks and the low profile design of your crossbars. The only drawback to me is the lack of a larger point in the slots to allow a bolt head to slip through. I'm guessing you are wanting the customer to use a T-Bolt? Thanks again.

A regular bolt would work as well. You should be able to fit them up through the bottom. If not, one side of the cross bars can lift off the studs to get access to the bottom without taking them all the way off. We will also be designing additional accessory mounts in the near future.

ericantonio 02-14-2019 10:43 AM

Sliders look great. Are they angled up or perpendicular to ground? I'm looking to get one eventually but a lot seem to be angled up. Not sure the pro's or con's of either one.

thanks

Victory 4x4 02-14-2019 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericantonio (Post 3231902)
Sliders look great. Are they angled up or perpendicular to ground? I'm looking to get one eventually but a lot seem to be angled up. Not sure the pro's or con's of either one.

thanks

Either way will work as a serious rock slider, but we designed ours to be parallel to the ground so they will also work well as a step. If you are using them as a rock slider, the important part is that they mount to the underside of the frame.

DZNUTS 02-14-2019 12:00 PM

Would love a molle panel for the 4th Gen that retains the use of the cargo cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victory 4x4 02-14-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZNUTS (Post 3231943)
Would love a molle panel for the 4th Gen that retains the use of the cargo cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll be working our way to the 4th gen stuff!

ericantonio 02-14-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victory 4x4 (Post 3231917)
Either way will work as a serious rock slider, but we designed ours to be parallel to the ground so they will also work well as a step. If you are using them as a rock slider, the important part is that they mount to the underside of the frame.

Sweeet thank you so much for the quick reply. I saw the video. It was great. Looks like I can do it with a buddy or with pair of jack stands.

One "step" (see what I did there) at a time. I've got my lift/tires in 2 weeks so afterwards will be sliders.

Thank you thank you!

Oh, I like the roof rack rails. Not outlanding for days or running from the law and need to hideout in the desert, just need something for a weekend camping thing and carry tents and stuff up there. Thanks.

Victory 4x4 02-14-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericantonio (Post 3231971)
Sweeet thank you so much for the quick reply. I saw the video. It was great. Looks like I can do it with a buddy or with pair of jack stands.

One "step" (see what I did there) at a time. I've got my lift/tires in 2 weeks so afterwards will be sliders.

Thank you thank you!

Oh, I like the roof rack rails. Not outlanding for days or running from the law and need to hideout in the desert, just need something for a weekend camping thing and carry tents and stuff up there. Thanks.

Haha, no problem! Look forward to seeing your build. Let me know if you have any more questions.