Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   3rd gen-ish front end in India (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/268946-3rd-gen-ish-front-end-india.html)

dogtail 02-17-2019 03:38 PM

3rd gen-ish front end in India

1 Attachment(s)
My friend in India just texted me a pic of his Toyota suv front end he's fixing from an accident. I asked him what it is, cause the headlights look 3rd gen, and grill is pretty close. Its a 2002 Qualis, a Toyota for the India market. The grill is satoshi-ish mesh and maybe would fit a 3rd gen if anyone wants to give it a try.

eimkeith 02-17-2019 05:23 PM

cool!

I'm going to Google.

eimkeith 02-17-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eimkeith (Post 3233847)
cool!

I'm going to Google.

wow. not what I expected, lol.

(tell your friend not to fix it; find him a 3rd gen to ship over!) :lmao:

EDIT: although, there are a lot of grille options for those - interesting.

T4R2014 02-17-2019 06:29 PM

Remember these?

https://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/m..._oem_1_500.jpg

Now sprinkle some Toyota on it.

dogtail 02-18-2019 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eimkeith (Post 3233848)
wow. not what I expected, lol.

(tell your friend not to fix it; find him a 3rd gen to ship over!) :lmao:

EDIT: although, there are a lot of grille options for those - interesting.

Yeah I googled it also, side view shows a cheesy box, and the front frame rails look weak for a front end collision. He said 100hp 2wd. He said its running good though with the Toyota motor. He lives half the year in the US near me, his father recently totaled his US car, he replaced it with an old Benz. But I might convince him to get a 3rd gen cause he said likes Toyota SUVs.
BTW I just texted him to find me one of those grills, I'm building another 3rd gen, I'll try to see if it fits and put a TEQ grill badge in it and de-badge the rest of the rig. If it looks ok, it will stay on.

T4R2014 02-18-2019 11:31 AM

These types of vans are just cheap transport. Usually built in Thailand or Indonesia. They are meant to be used and abused. They are pretty crap but it's still Toyota. I doubt that grill will fit. Better off making your own than trying to adapt. Probably cheap quality too.

dogtail 02-18-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4R2014 (Post 3234139)
These types of vans are just cheap transport. Usually built in Thailand or Indonesia. They are meant to be used and abused. They are pretty crap but it's still Toyota. I doubt that grill will fit. Better off making your own than trying to adapt. Probably cheap quality too.

Yeah no doubt they are cheap beaters. I'm just curious if it fits, I won't pay much for it, and if its crap quality it will get thrown away.

eimkeith 02-18-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogtail (Post 3234148)
I'm just curious if it fits

same here; go for it!

T4R2014 02-18-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogtail (Post 3234148)
Yeah no doubt they are cheap beaters. I'm just curious if it fits, I won't pay much for it, and if its crap quality it will get thrown away.

If it can ship cheap enough(doubt). Otherwise he can stuff it in a suitcase. I did that for some Hilux Surf parts in that region.

AntleredRuin 02-18-2019 06:06 PM

I actually kinda like it. Looks a bit like an Isuzu Trooper.

Although all the pictures I'm seeing show what look to be TINY wheels, which looks a bit stupid. They look like 13" or 14". Of course the wheel wells are pretty small, so something bigger might not fit.
Maybe the rest of the truck is just bigger, so the wheels look smaller by comparison.

Spriggs53 10-29-2021 08:06 AM

It kinda looks like if a 3rd gen messed around with a Land Cruiser, had a kid, then that kid grew up and then messed around with a Land Rover and had a kid. That kid would look like that.

JohnMc 10-29-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorotyrud (Post 3684458)
That's so helpful to know...thanks!

Thanks for the bump, spambot!