Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Considering putting 2019 TRD Pro Fox 2.5 suspension on a 2015 SR5 (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/269173-considering-putting-2019-trd-pro-fox-2-5-suspension-2015-sr5.html)

jicko 02-22-2019 01:31 AM

Considering putting 2019 TRD Pro Fox 2.5 suspension on a 2015 SR5

As the price of a set of 2019 TRD Pro suspension is similar pricing to a comparable set of Fox 2.5..... I am considering putting that onto a 2015 SR5

Now, what rear spring should I use?

Any info on what rear spring a 2019 TRD Pro comes with? (Are they just STOCK?)

So, the new TRD Pro don't have much "lift" as it come stock? Can it be adjusted?

Harrisnc 02-22-2019 07:22 AM

The Pros rear spring is stock. Eibach,Bilstein and Dobinsons all make rear springs in the 1” range but you’re still going to have more rake than you do now because the trd Fox is lifting only .85” to 1” max in the front

Bayou_Pro 02-22-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jicko (Post 3237228)

So, the new TRD Pro don't have much "lift" as it come stock? Can it be adjusted?

As already mentioned the rear TRD Pro spring are the same. You are only going to get about .8" of lift with the Pro front coilovers do you probably wouldn't want to add back lift springs with just that. They are not adjustable. You could get the Toytec 1 or 2" spacers and add to the Pro kit to get more lift. At that point depending on what kind of price you are getting on them you might want to look into the Bilstein 6112 kit that would be adjustable. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue4Fun 08-07-2019 02:46 AM

TRD Fox Compatibility

I tried to buy a used pair of the TRD Fox Shocks from someone who purchased them from a dealer who stripped them off a pro at the Factory to lift it.

They told me that they are not compatible with the TRD Off Road with KDSS because “KDSS has trac control sensors that cannot be disconnected.“

I was confused by this as the Bilstein pro suspension is compatible.

Is this true? Is this something that Toyota is telling people?

the_fornicator 08-07-2019 09:42 AM

They guy had the suspension removed at the factory? In Japan?

That's news to me.

nb rob 08-07-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue4Fun (Post 3334231)
I tried to buy a used pair of the TRD Fox Shocks from someone who purchased them from a dealer who stripped them off a pro at the Factory to lift it.

They told me that they are not compatible with the TRD Off Road with KDSS because “KDSS has trac control sensors that cannot be disconnected.“

I was confused by this as the Bilstein pro suspension is compatible.

Is this true? Is this something that Toyota is telling people?

yeah, that's BS.
Sounds like something that one person is telling people, that is garbage.

The Waco Kid 08-07-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fornicator (Post 3334288)
They guy had the suspension removed at the factory? In Japan?

That's news to me.

With the exception of the paint color, the "TRD Pro" trim is an option package added at the port.

MAST4R 08-07-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jicko (Post 3237228)
As the price of a set of 2019 TRD Pro suspension is similar pricing to a comparable set of Fox 2.5..... I am considering putting that onto a 2015 SR5

Now, what rear spring should I use?

Isn't the whole point of the TRD Fox suspension that it is an internal bypass suspension? Isn't it position sensitive? If so, shouldn't it be run with no lift? It is not a normal shock that would just sit a bit off with a 1" taller spring in the rear.

One way to verify is to search whether any such shocks are offered with a range for lift (like 1-3 or 0-1.5 for regular shocks) or with just a fixed lift.

Jetboy 08-07-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAST4R (Post 3334312)
Isn't the whole point of the TRD Fox suspension that it is an internal bypass suspension? Isn't it position sensitive? If so, shouldn't it be run with no lift? It is not a normal shock that would just sit a bit off with a 1" taller spring in the rear.

One way to verify is to search whether any such shocks are offered with a range for lift (like 1-3 or 0-1.5 for regular shocks) or with just a fixed lift.

Yes. Lifting will result in different dampening behavior. Especially the rear that has something like 7 zones of dampening. So being an inch or two taller would mean that you're in a different dampening zone than it was designed for. I have no idea how much difference there is though. It might be the case that it really only ramps up the dampening right at the very end and anywhere in the middle works fine.

In the front I'd think a spacer lift on top of the shock would be the best option so the shock remains in the right base position.

the_fornicator 08-07-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Waco Kid (Post 3334309)
With the exception of the paint color, the "TRD Pro" trim is an option package added at the port.

Shut the front door. I did not know that.

The Waco Kid 08-07-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_fornicator (Post 3334565)

Shut the front door. I did not know that.

Not to derail the conversation, but every TRD goodie on the truck is a port add-on. Toyota USA specifies a few mechanical features (sunroof, ac [now that they're all going dual zone]) and color ranges, then adds on the rack, shocks, and other TRD goodies at the port.

Which kinda makes getting a TRD pro in any other color than the special color kinda silly, (especially with the early offerings) if you paid MSRP or more for it. They may be slightly more differentiated from the factory for 2020 (like if Dual Zone AC and a few other major features aren't also on the TRD offroad Premium trim), but we won't know completely until they're out.

If you go back and read some of the TRD Pro threads from the early years, all the "hate" for people paying over MSRP for it will make a little more sense.

Dillusion 08-07-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Waco Kid (Post 3334309)

Interesting becacue I work by port and I see Pros in the Toyota lot I doubt they are prepped to go to the dealers. They still has the protective plastic all over the outside.

I'll see if I can see any again when I drive by.

The Waco Kid 08-07-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillusion (Post 3334655)
Interesting becacue I work by port and I see Pros in the Toyota lot I doubt they are prepped to go to the dealers. They still has the protective plastic all over the outside.

I'll see if I can see any again when I drive by.

Saved you the trouble:
Notice anything missing... fresh off the boat.
Just arrived at the Ports of Los Angeles - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-g...ml#post2775531

https://www.toyota-4runner.org/1793325-post1103.html

Theres also a TSB floating around showing how to modify the bumper and fender liner to fit the TRD Pro wheel and tire combo if it's rubbing after install of the shocks.

T-SB-0009-15 TRD Pro Bumper/Fender Interference

Dillusion 08-07-2019 08:57 PM

Makes sense.

Wonder what they do with all the steel wheels after.

CavPro 08-07-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillusion (Post 3334735)
Makes sense.

Wonder what they do with all the steel wheels after.

They are turned around on another boat back.