Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/)
-   -   Dick Cepek Fun Country...No Love? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/269352-dick-cepek-fun-country-no-love.html)

Decipher 02-26-2019 01:43 PM

Dick Cepek Fun Country...No Love?

I’m thinking of swapping my 285 C-Load KO2s with only 5,000 miles out for the DC Fun Country. I love the KO2 and have no complaints other than that I need a more aggressive tire for my muddy off-roading needs.

I have researched the Fun Country tire for some time and can find next-to-no reviews on them. They seem like a nice hybrid design without going full MT (Think Cooper ST Maxx). Anyone have any input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decipher 02-27-2019 10:59 AM

ANYONE run DCs or have any experience at all? It’s a well-known brand in the Jeep world. Just wondering why no one runs them here.

Thai 02-27-2019 06:53 PM

Because few here are like this:

YouTube

Decipher 02-27-2019 08:04 PM

Hahaha.

Oh...

MAST4R 02-27-2019 08:12 PM

If you need MT, why not run one of the latest designs like KM3 or Firestone MT2? I am sure they are much more civilized on road than earlier designs.

2016 4Runner SR5 02-27-2019 08:17 PM

I just ordered a set of the Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's in 295/70/17 They seem to have great reviews, they're an aggressive AT, hard to beat.

Decipher 02-28-2019 09:42 AM

Dick Cepek Fun Country...No Love?

I guess I’m trying to stay away from full MT because of the perceived increase in road noise and decrease in street manners, which matters equally to me. I also need a good snow performer and I haven’t seen enough positive statements about MTs to make me confident.

DCs are made and owned by a reputable company so they didn’t strike me as being a poor man’s tire. Maybe I’ve got it wrong. They’re AT tires built on an MT carcass so it seems like the perfect blending for my needs and the needs of many. Maybe I’m in the minority since literally no one here runs them or mentions them.

MAST4R 02-28-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decipher (Post 3241640)
They’re AT tires built on an MT carcass so it seems like the perfect blending for my needs and the needs of many.

That sounds interesting. Our lack of knowledge should not deter you... I think there was a recent thread where someone said they used DC for a long time but have moved on. Maybe do a search and PM that person to see why.

Decipher 04-24-2019 01:36 PM

Bump.

I just came across a screaming deal on the DC trail country exp. It looks slightly more tame than the Fun Country but still plenty capable.

The price I’m getting in 285/70-17 is right on par with standard load Falken AT3W in the same size...and the DCs are load range E. It has me curious but again reviews are scarce.

Decipher 04-25-2019 12:14 PM

I just went with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. For a brand that’s been around forever and claims to be the ones who started the off road tire segment, the utter lack of reviews makes it hardly worth the risk.

TheLincolnGreen 08-12-2019 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dick Cepek tires are made by Cooper in the USA. I don't really see that as a risk. There are not a lot of reviews, but I haven't found a negative one yet. So I went with the trail country exp. After the instant $100 rebate, they were comparable to the Chinese tire prices. I'll try to update after installing and riding on them for awhile.

Torchmanz 08-12-2019 06:11 PM

Obligitory response.

Decipher 08-12-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLincolnGreen (Post 3337587)
Dick Cepek tires are made by Cooper in the USA. I don't really see that as a risk. There are not a lot of reviews, but I haven't found a negative one yet. So I went with the trail country exp. After the instant $100 rebate, they were comparable to the Chinese tire prices. I'll try to update after installing and riding on them for awhile.

Please do. I’ve long moved on but I’m not opposed to trying out a less known option. Different is good.

Decipher 08-12-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torchmanz (Post 3337680)
Obligitory response.

Don’t clutter the forum with this crap just because you want to sell something.

Jbird117 08-26-2019 06:27 PM

Fun country experience

I ran 35x12.50r18 fun country on my 2014 tundra. They were by far the best tire I've ever used. In sand and mud they never gummed up, cleared easily and pulled through anything. I went around plenty of trucks on mud terrains and pulled them out. The fun countrys dont dig down in soft stuff they just propel you forward. On the road they have a nice mellow hum nothing I would call loud or annoying. I daily drove on them, pretending I was in a trophy truck all day long. Some days I was loaded down with a 14k bobcat trailer behind me. I have nothing bad to say about them. I put 45k miles of the hardest driving the truck would handle on them before I traded it in on the 4runner. Now I'm shopping for some 285/70r17 for the 4runner. Hope this helps someone