Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Classic T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/classic-t4rs/)
-   -   2nd Gen Power Antenna Delete (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/classic-t4rs/269385-2nd-gen-power-antenna-delete.html)

4RunnerSean 02-26-2019 11:28 PM

2nd Gen Power Antenna Delete

Sorry if there us already a thead with these instructions, and feel free to post a reply with a link to an existing thread.

I am looking to replace the existing power antenna with a whip/stub antenna. What parts do I need to get, and does anyone have instructions on making the switch?

Thanks in advance!

RAD4Runner 02-28-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4RunnerSean (Post 3240680)
Sorry if there us already a thead with these instructions, and feel free to post a reply with a link to an existing thread.

Did you search?
In order for us to send you a link to an existing thread, We'd have to search, too.

Blind Cleric 03-02-2019 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4RunnerSean (Post 3240680)

I am looking to replace the existing power antenna with a whip/stub antenna. What parts do I need to get, and does anyone have instructions on making the switch?

Thanks in advance!

Mine was only working intermittently so I just unplugged it while it was up.

Basically that's all you have to do is unplug and unscrew it from the fender for removal. There may be a couple bolts too, I can't remember. To replace as you describe, I would take the OEM to an auto parts store and have them match up something of same size for fender hole.

Dropzone 03-07-2019 12:37 AM

1) take it down to the quarter car wash and wash out under the right inner fender
2) let it dry or get muddy
3) remove the inner plastic fender liner
4) start pulling apart dash on the right side removing 1st the speaker cover, glovebox than you can get to the radio housing to reach the antenna cable
5) remove old antenna
Put in new antenna and follow steps backward..

Enjoy a beer

COMTB 03-08-2019 11:56 AM

I ordered the motor and then realized it was a good spot to mount the cb antenna temporarily so I used the existing hole to run my cb stuff through. Have to get it mounted up higher this spring but so far so good.

Mattew 03-09-2019 04:27 PM

Its just one bolt, one connector behinde fender cover. Follow Dropzones`s "guide" that is how you do it.
I bolted my whip antena diretly into hole in fender. Have it like that several months and its fine.