Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   CarTrimHome Android 9” Audio Replacement? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/269526-cartrimhome-android-9”-audio-replacement.html)

91324 03-02-2019 12:15 PM

CarTrimHome Android 9” Audio Replacement?

I found this guy when looking into an unrelated pro replica grill inquiry.

It appears to be a direct plug and play swap based on the pictures. Anyone already purchased one of these? I’m curious if the steering controls still work? No Apple Play but anything would be a step above the Entune.

I do have a connection over at CarTrim but I wanted an unbiased opinion from someone external to the company on how these perform. If there is enough interest, I can work on a group buy price to see how low we can get them.

Free Shipping 9" Android 8.1 2+32G Car Multimedia Stereo Radio Audio DVD GPS Navigation Sat Nav Head Unit for Toyota 4Runner 2010-2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zonzin 03-02-2019 12:20 PM

Not many specs provided on the HU. Complete Chinese operation.

TeamHeq 03-02-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91324 (Post 3243085)
I found this guy when looking into an unrelated pro replica grill inquiry.

It appears to be a direct plug and play swap based on the pictures. Anyone already purchased one of these? I’m curious if the steering controls still work? No Apple Play but anything would be a step above the Entune.

I do have a connection over at CarTrim but I wanted an unbiased opinion from someone external to the company on how these perform. If there is enough interest, I can work on a group buy price to see how low we can get them.

Free Shipping 9" Android 8.1 2+32G Car Multimedia Stereo Radio Audio DVD GPS Navigation Sat Nav Head Unit for Toyota 4Runner 2010-2019

No experience with the unit. But, if I was an android user and if I had a 4runner - I'd definitely be interested in that. I'm waiting on the 2020's.

Satweh 03-02-2019 12:56 PM

I really like this unit, but it’s a bit pricy

Alpine 9" Halo9 For Toyota 4Runner - ILX-F309FRN

BleednBlue 03-02-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satweh (Post 3243114)

Interesting. I does come with iDatalink which helps rationalize the price.

drewsro 03-02-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

A lot of money to have a screen sticking far out...

JAXJeremy 03-02-2019 01:34 PM

if it retains steering controls and back up camera I'd be interested.

91324 03-02-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah, what I like about this CarTrim one is that it looks, to me at least, like an OEM unit. But I don’t want to dump that much money into something that freezes or is not technologically advanced. Plus, I’m an Apple/iPhone guy so I don’t know how that would mess with this given that it’s Android.

91324 03-02-2019 01:56 PM

Got more information from another guy. It does look like it would retain the steering wheel controls but not sure about the backup camera or XM radio. Some data suggests this is only for 2013 through 2015 4R, but other data points suggest all fifth gens. I’m going to reach out and see what else I can find.

If you guys have any specific questions, please let me know so I can compile them into one massive inquiry and fire it off later this weekend.

2 models exist:

1 - Black
2 - Silver

The prices will vary between:

-$399 4core 1+16G
-$529 8core 2+32G

Android 8.1 2G RAM 32G ROM android car MP5 Player for Toyota 4 Runner 2013 - 2015 , With GPS Navigation, Mirroring Screen, Bluetooth , FM/AM, RDS , 4X45W Amplifier power out, WIFI, DVR, DAB+, CANBUS,Steering Wheel Control .. NO DVD Deck

Main Features:
* 9" HD TFT Display & Capacitive Touch Screen
* Solution : Allwinner T3/T8
* Fast Response, Built in 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM
* Video Format: avi, mkv, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, rmvb , flv, H.265 ect.
* Audio Format: MP3, WMA, AAC, RM, FLAC etc.
* Photo: JPG, BMP, JEPG, GIF, PNG ect.
* Resolution: 1024*600 Pixels
*Screen Mirroring for android or Apple Mobile phone
* Radio ( FM/AM tuner, RDS Support )
*Everything can be Shared with RCA Output
*Support Full HD 1080 Video Format
*Built-in GPS Navigation
* With Bluetooth / phonebook/ handfree
*Built-in WiFi Dongle
* Support DVR , OBD2 and Mirror link
* Support External 3G dongle
*Steering Wheel Control
* 4X45W Amplifier power output
* Support 500G Mobile hard disk drive
* OS Language : English,Russian, Spanish,German,French, Itaiano, Magyar, Polski, Portugues, Romania, Turkish, Arabic, chinese ...etc .
*Efficient Heatsink

Accessories:
1* ISO Harness Wires
2* USB Cable
1* GPS Antenna
1* Wifi Antenna
1. Canbus ( optional )
1* Free Installation Tool
1* Free external MIC

Satweh 03-02-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAXJeremy (Post 3243143)
if it retains steering controls and back up camera I'd be interested.

It does retain steering wheel functions and backup camera.
RETAINS VEHICLE INFORMATION
The iLX-F309FRN comes with an iDatalink Maestro Module to retain 4Runner features like the vehicle cluster sub-display and steering wheel controls. Other vehicle information such as tire pressure readings, open door alerts, and vehicle vitals are viewable on the large screen. The iDatalink Maestro Module is already pre-programmed for the 4Runner, so you don’t need to configure the module to your truck before installing it.

zonzin 03-02-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 91324 (Post 3243161)
Got more information from another guy. It does look like it would retain the steering wheel controls but not sure about the backup camera or XM radio. Some data suggests this is only for 2013 through 2015 4R, but other data points suggest all fifth gens. I’m going to reach out and see what else I can find.

Find out how often it will get Android updates, including Pie.

mrblah 03-02-2019 06:47 PM

i would not want to be the beta tester on this purchase.

BP22 03-03-2019 02:04 AM

Interested.

ween0t 03-03-2019 02:09 AM

There was a decently large thread on this on one of the T4R groups on Facebook. One user said he purchased it and said that the RAM was unbearably low for the unit. Meaning slow, unresponsive, and freezing. He said that if the unit had more on board RAM it would be definitely worth it. Also mentioned that they are actually due to release an updated version, for a higher cost with higher specs that people would likely be more interested in. I'd wait up and see when these come to market and how well they do before pulling the trigger, especially with a newer version coming out in a few months.

DannyLlama 03-03-2019 02:19 AM

Worth a try for $500 ... My pioneer has been self rebooting once a day lately. and that's over 1k.