Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Gobi Stealth Axe/Shovel Mount. Anyone Use It ? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/270170-gobi-stealth-axe-shovel-mount-anyone-use.html)

Hybryd40 03-15-2019 07:28 PM

Gobi Stealth Axe/Shovel Mount. Anyone Use It ?

Hey guys
I want to add an axe/shovel mount to my stealth rack. I know I can make my own and I do like the one that GZila makes.75.00 less but no lock. I do like the quality of Gobi products and their locking system. Price and wait isnt the issue. But hearing some pros and cons of anyone currently using this item would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be plus

Thanks

Hybryd40 03-16-2019 07:58 AM

Nobody?

phlawx 07-31-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybryd40 (Post 3252352)
Hey guys
I want to add an axe/shovel mount to my stealth rack. I know I can make my own and I do like the one that GZila makes.75.00 less but no lock. I do like the quality of Gobi products and their locking system. Price and wait isnt the issue. But hearing some pros and cons of anyone currently using this item would be greatly appreciated. Pics would be plus

Thanks

Did you end up getting the gobi or find another solution? Agree gobi roof racks are tops but $175 for an axe/shovel mount? Yeah right. I’m looking at this right now:

Shovel and Axe Quick Fist Mounts on Gobi Stealth Rack

Let me know where you are with solutions

20h4Runner 07-31-2019 10:24 PM

I purchased the Gobi shovel/axe mount. It's worked perfect so far. It's solid and I've had no issues with driving on the highway with the shovel mounted. I also get tons of compliments!!!!

I'd recommend it, since my shovel hasn't been stolen yet....*knock on wood*

CoolMax 07-31-2019 10:58 PM

the rack itself isn't cheap but the accessories are downright expensive!

Horsethief 07-31-2019 11:33 PM

I would think a few Quick Fists would do the trick at a very reasonable price.

rob_dixon 08-01-2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsethief (Post 3331142)
I would think a few Quick Fists would do the trick at a very reasonable price.

are quickfists east to install on a gobi?

Hybryd40 08-05-2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlawx (Post 3331082)
Did you end up getting the gobi or find another solution? Agree gobi roof racks are tops but $175 for an axe/shovel mount? Yeah right. I’m looking at this right now:

Shovel and Axe Quick Fist Mounts on Gobi Stealth Rack

Let me know where you are with solutions

Sorry for the late reply. I went with the Gobi and it works great. Really glad I went that route =)

K9 HAULR 08-05-2019 12:37 PM

I had it on my Gobi - loved the system. No rattles, locked secure, good looks.

Selling a Gobi Hi Lift mount and a couple tie down kits, if looking. ;):

Horsethief 08-14-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_dixon (Post 3331183)
are quickfists east to install on a gobi?

Sorry for the late reply.

I have no idea, never had my hands on a Gobi. I think one of the advantages of Quick Fists is easy install on ANYTHING. You just may have to improvise a little bit.

A two pack of them is like 10 bucks, and I'm sure you can find the right hardware at a hardware store for a few bucks.