Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   New Members (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/)
-   -   15 posts rule 2 cents (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/new-members/270608-15-posts-rule-2-cents.html)

rob_dixon 03-25-2019 12:36 PM

15 posts rule 2 cents

Here are my thoughts on this. Worth 1 cent really. There are probably good reasons for this, but is 15 too many?

As a BUYER, I came in here to ask questions, as I learned this is the best resource. I have/had so many questions many of which i had not found in a search or were specific to the vehicle in consideration. The issue is if you have buyer's questions, this forum is useless given this restriction - so I found myself going over to Reddit's 4runner forum which is great too.

My point is as reddit grows (where you can upvote and downvote idiotic posts), it will suck users from here (although I am sure there are plenty to draw from) - at least those who want a quick answer to something. SO maybe the 15 post rule is too high and it might be X?

Just a thought!

RockHead MA 03-25-2019 01:06 PM

As a 4Runner noob, I kind of agree. I understand the reason for it, but forums are competing with other resources that that didn't exist when rules like this were generally implemented -Facebook groups, Reddit, etc. Make it easier!

PAPA_E 03-25-2019 04:56 PM

Im here ... spamming posts so I can make a thread to ask for help wiring in an airhorn for a family members ride. I hate to say it but requiring a post count to do basic functions on a forum honestly does one thing very well. It makes sure there are lots of new members posting basically nothing to try and get to a point where they can actually use the forum for its intended purpose........

TCLLC 03-25-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAPA_E (Post 3258562)
Im here ... spamming posts so I can make a thread to ask for help wiring in an airhorn for a family members ride. I hate to say it but requiring a post count to do basic functions on a forum honestly does one thing very well. It makes sure there are lots of new members posting basically nothing to try and get to a point where they can actually use the forum for its intended purpose........

please its to stop the spam, you can go into a post like this and do 15 posts back to back and you are done, hell you can even number them 1-15

PAPA_E 03-25-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCLLC (Post 3258579)
please its to stop the spam, you can go into a post like this and do 15 posts back to back and you are done, hell you can even number them 1-15

I went and found such a thread and did such a thing :trophy:

Rustytaco 03-25-2019 05:21 PM

Kinda agree, but sites like this seem to have better knowledge as it’s an enthusiast site.

thennen 03-25-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_dixon (Post 3258343)
Here are my thoughts on this. Worth 1 cent really. There are probably good reasons for this, but is 15 too many?

As a BUYER, I came in here to ask questions, as I learned this is the best resource. I have/had so many questions many of which i had not found in a search or were specific to the vehicle in consideration. The issue is if you have buyer's questions, this forum is useless given this restriction - so I found myself going over to Reddit's 4runner forum which is great too.

My point is as reddit grows (where you can upvote and downvote idiotic posts), it will suck users from here (although I am sure there are plenty to draw from) - at least those who want a quick answer to something. SO maybe the 15 post rule is too high and it might be X?

Just a thought!

It never bothered me. I figured I was joining a forum that has a lot to offer me. Building post counts is simply a matter of responding to threads, etc. I didn’t jump onto T4R because I was desperate to sell something. Rather, I was in the market to buy, and not anxiously. So for me personally, I don’t understand why someone gets hacked off that they can’t thread right away. Read and respond for an hour or two, and you’re there. Invest a little time if it seems valuable to you.

rob_dixon 03-26-2019 04:51 PM

Yeah i guess i am so anti-spam i feel I have to BS along for a bit before i can create content that is worthwhile and has an actual point. ANyway almost there.

Zacksmith75 03-26-2019 09:05 PM

I definitely agre 15 is too much

the walkabout T4R 03-27-2019 07:46 PM

ya, it makes sense but it is annoying. oh well, this is #15 for me so here we go!

NNV4Runner 03-28-2019 11:46 AM

it's annoying when

NNV4Runner 03-28-2019 11:46 AM

somebody posts

NNV4Runner 03-28-2019 11:47 AM

like this. sorry. making a point

:lmao:

michaelm0162 03-28-2019 01:14 PM

15 posts sucks

Heavy_GD 03-28-2019 01:39 PM

So you come here because there is a wealth of knowledge and information, then complain that we safeguard the place by putting up rules to keep out the BS and spam to protect the information.

Based on this logic I feel like I know your political views as well. :usa2: