Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Software Related Questions & Answers (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/software-related-questions-and-answers/)
-   -   New Look Feedback Thread (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/software-related-questions-and-answers/271112-new-look-feedback-thread.html)

admin 04-04-2019 01:43 PM

New Look Feedback Thread

Please leave your feedback on the new look, including any issues you encounter. If reporting issues, please provide as much detail as possible.

That_Titanium_4RNR 04-04-2019 01:46 PM

Looks really good to me! The color scheme is easier on my eyes

Dezert4Runner 04-04-2019 01:51 PM

I can’t stand mobile view, I prefer classic view. Is there somewhere I can change the setting back? I don’t see the option anywhere...

ScarfaceT4R 04-04-2019 01:53 PM

Highlighting text is green. Woahhhh...

Formidable 04-04-2019 01:56 PM

Outstanding. I like how images are automatically resized. Ease of navigation.

And hopefully no more pop up ads! Lol

BrianSD_42 04-04-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezert4Runner (Post 3265529)
I can’t stand mobile view, I prefer classic view. Is there somewhere I can change the setting back? I don’t see the option anywhere...

I use chrome on Android and simply select Show Desktop Mode.

JAXJeremy 04-04-2019 02:00 PM

new UI looks good.

Team_Jake 04-04-2019 02:19 PM

I do like the new look. Looks good on my laptop.

The mobile device site could use some work though. First thing I noticed was the oversized pictures on any thread has been squished so the pictures have a very tall aspect ratio. I would like to be able to request the desktop site using Safari on my phone, when I send the request on my phone nothing changes.

RouRou 04-04-2019 02:29 PM

i thought i broke something when it went all black haha.

It does look good. MUCH easier on the eyes.

admin 04-04-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team_Jake (Post 3265577)
I do like the new look. Looks good on my laptop.

The mobile device site could use some work though. First thing I noticed was the oversized pictures on any thread has been squished so the pictures have a very tall aspect ratio. I would like to be able to request the desktop site using Safari on my phone, when I send the request on my phone nothing changes.

Can you post a screenshot from your phone?

Dillusion 04-04-2019 02:47 PM

I'd like to know which guy with bad eye sight blew up the text.

But I like it.

Dezert4Runner 04-04-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianSD_42 (Post 3265546)
I use chrome on Android and simply select Show Desktop Mode.

Desktop mode isn’t an option on Safari it seems. I guess the workaround would be for the admin to make it an option in the settings (or even better at the bottom of the home page) to revert back. That’s how most websites work that offer a mobile and desktop/ classic view.

FrenchToasty 04-04-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezert4Runner (Post 3265625)
Desktop mode isn’t an option on Safari it seems. I guess the workaround would be for the admin to make it an option in the settings (or even better at the bottom of the home page) to revert back. That’s how most websites work that offer a mobile and desktop/ classic view.

Yeah looks terrible on safari and desktop mode doesn’t change anything. Hopefully change is good this time

EMCam43 04-04-2019 03:15 PM

Maybe you should, instead of giving it a new "paint job", put some effort in making the instructions for posting an ad a bit more user friendly and allowing pictures to be uploaded that are more than 1.7mb in size. Most photos, of high resolution are about 5-6 mb. I just uploaded 5 photos, the size of which I could not upload into an ad I was attempting to post on this website, onto and ad I posted in Craig's List; no problem. And, it sure would be helpful to notify someone that their add had been deleted and why it was deleted.

Team_Jake 04-04-2019 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by admin (Post 3265598)
Can you post a screenshot from your phone?

Yeah, seems to only do this on oversized photos. Clicking the re-size yellow bar makes it worse.