Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   3rd gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   +3.5 Long Travel Designs and Plans!! (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-gen-t4rs/271447-3-5-long-travel-designs-plans.html)

RockyrT4R 04-11-2019 09:54 PM

+3.5 Long Travel Designs and Plans!!

1 Attachment(s)
If you are interested in building your own long travel suspension you have come to the right place!!

I am providing 3rd Gen 4Runner and 1st Gen Tacoma owners who have fabrication experience or someone who can build it for them plans and designs.

These Plans Include:
-DXF Cut Files for Flat Parts
-Dimensioned and Labeled Part Diagrams
-Parts List, Includes all necessary part numbers, details and specifications for necessary components.
-Build Order of Operations
-And More!

Benefits of this Long Travel setup:
-NO MORE LOWER BALL JOINT FAILURES!
-13” of travel achievable without CV modification.
-All joints are Uni-Ball Joints, which are much stronger than a conventional ball joint.
-Heavy Duty Hiem Joint Steering Linkage

-Works with:
96-02 4Runner 2wd/4wd
95-04 Tacoma 4wd

**These plans are for experienced fabricators**
-If you are not comfortable fabricating, it is highly suggested that you take this kit to a professional fabrication shop.

The Designs, Cut Files, Dimensioned and Labeled Part layouts, Parts list w/ references and build instructions are all included for the price of $200.
These are still in the development phase but most of the large issues have been worked out.
DM me to inquire about more information or purchasing your plans!

Here's a picture I grabbed a little while back!
(In the picture I was running Tundra Bilstien 5100s but I have switched to 2.5x8" Coilovers with Reservoirs now.)

OU4x4 04-12-2019 02:17 PM

without giving away state secrets...how do you get long travel with no CV mods?
other kits require longer CVs

Nate_GB 04-12-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OU4x4 (Post 3270778)

It uses tundra axles.

ragingbull2k2 04-12-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Probably meant stock tundra axles.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RockyrT4R 04-15-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Yes this uses 1st gen tundra cv axles, it is a direct fit and they are 3.5” longer so they are perfect for this length of long travel!

Quantumkiwi 04-15-2019 05:00 PM

Interesting. Most LT kits are way out of my budget, but I could probably borrow a TIG welder long enough to make these.
How to these compare engineering-wise to other LT kits? Would there be any differences in caster/camber/toe? Will these hold up (especially with the BJs and heims) to being on a DD?
Can you use a standard 3rd gen suspension setup?

I'd definitely be interested in these if a few more people put road time on them.

Autozone Special 01-26-2021 08:38 AM

Can you post a picture of the suspension setup to see how you kit looks and I'm wondering if this is still avaliable?

rics97toy 02-21-2021 02:21 PM

I am interested in the long travel plans if they are still available

04rnr 02-21-2021 02:29 PM

Id like to see the front,, flex as the rear can flex pretty good already

TACOMARHOADS99 02-11-2022 01:30 AM

How do we go about getting this file?

Bad Luck 02-11-2022 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyrT4R (Post 3270457)
If you are interested in building your own long travel suspension you have come to the right place!!

I am providing 3rd Gen 4Runner and 1st Gen Tacoma owners who have fabrication experience or someone who can build it for them plans and designs.

These Plans Include:
-DXF Cut Files for Flat Parts
-Dimensioned and Labeled Part Diagrams
-Parts List, Includes all necessary part numbers, details and specifications for necessary components.
-Build Order of Operations
-And More!

Benefits of this Long Travel setup:
-NO MORE LOWER BALL JOINT FAILURES!
-13” of travel achievable without CV modification.
-All joints are Uni-Ball Joints, which are much stronger than a conventional ball joint.
-Heavy Duty Hiem Joint Steering Linkage

-Works with:
96-02 4Runner 2wd/4wd
95-04 Tacoma 4wd

**These plans are for experienced fabricators**
-If you are not comfortable fabricating, it is highly suggested that you take this kit to a professional fabrication shop.

The Designs, Cut Files, Dimensioned and Labeled Part layouts, Parts list w/ references and build instructions are all included for the price of $200.
These are still in the development phase but most of the large issues have been worked out.
DM me to inquire about more information or purchasing your plans!

Here's a picture I grabbed a little while back!
(In the picture I was running Tundra Bilstien 5100s but I have switched to 2.5x8" Coilovers with Reservoirs now.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TACOMARHOADS99 (Post 3711384)
How do we go about getting this file?

At the risk of sounding like an ass, did you read the first post? I marked the important part for you.

Devbot 02-11-2022 08:14 PM

I would kill for an LT set up but I just can't bring myself to deal with squeaky uniballs :brick:

MarkamisPrime 02-12-2022 09:45 AM

+3.5 Long Travel Designs and Plans!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devbot (Post 3711592)
I would kill for an LT set up but I just can't bring myself to deal with squeaky uniballs :brick:

I’ve had my uniball UCAs for 5 years now
Minimal to no maintenance
No play
No squeaks

Has anyone put any real road miles on these kits. ?
I follow this build on ig and it’s at a stand still for now.

[email protected] 05-18-2022 02:08 PM

How can I buy them?

I'm interested in buying the files

994runnerluke 09-20-2022 01:15 AM

I’d like to buy your plans for $200 would you please email me at [email protected] or text at 916-4l7- 35 nine nine. Or get back to me here. :)